• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu to Toronto 4/$80m

totdprods

13 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

So this is what I come out of the movies to (which I went to with my JAYS FAN GIRLFRIEND).  I don’t think she’s going to stop laughing at me any time soon.

this is the only reason why you didn't post the news. i commend you for having some sort of priority while in a movie theater with your GF.

2 hours ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Great job Eppler. Your main goal was to get pitching and you got Bundy and Tehran...and traded away your first round pick from this year to save some cash. Now the only option is to sacrifice some of the farm to upgrade pitching. 

Didn't get a solid catcher either. Unless Eppler pulls a rabbit out of a hat this is a supremely disappointing offseason. 

If he had signed Keuchel or Ryu and traded for a catcher this would be a legit contending team. Instead, in order to get both a front end arm and a catcher they have to mortgage the future. Not happy with the outlook for the team.

Back to the, "if everyone stays healthy and takes a step forward this will be a solid rotation". And "better to save the resources till next year". 

That trade is an embarrassment!  I was excited about it because it freed up money that we all thought would go to money for pitching.   Hell aren't we 30 million under the cap right now?

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol at people getting upset over trading Wilson. 

I wasn't upset when I thought we would spend the money on improving the team.  

If you think trading Wilson just to save 13 million and not spend it was a good idea then I suggest you need to take a drug test.

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

I wasn't upset when I thought we would spend the money on improving the team.  

If you think trading Wilson just to save 13 million and not spend it was a good idea then I suggest you need to take a drug test.

maybe that money went to Rendon. that means we're only paying him $12M this year. that's a hell of a bargain!

oh, and I don't do drugs. 

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

and we're spending more than we did last year. 

and stop swearing at me. I'm sensitive.

Correct. The payroll is 1 million higher right now if I am reading this right

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/payroll/

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/los-angeles-angels/payroll/2019/

2 hours ago, Lou said:

lol at people getting upset over trading Wilson. 

Lou, the fact that we shouldn't be upset about trading Wilson is the problem. 

He was our first round pick this past year and his overall value should be significantly more than the approximate $9M we traded him for ($12M minus what they already had given him as a signing bonus). 

My frustrations on Wilson come more from the fact they drafted him to begin with then the fact they traded him. 

I will have to reserve judgment on the money aspect until the offseason is complete. As it stands, they aren't much higher then their "real" payroll has been set at the last few years.  So on the surface it makes it look like the Cozart/Wilson trade was made specifically to stay within reason of the same budget they have had the last few seasons (same one they've said they were willing to overshoot this offseason).

At this point the only way to improve the rotation is through trade which inevitably hurts the farm. They also need to improve at catcher. So if they already traded away this year's first rounder, then have to trade away for an arm, and again for a catcher, what does that do to our farm?

Edited by AngelsFanSince86