• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ryu to Toronto 4/$80m

totdprods

All right, so I thought it over, and I don't think losing Ryu is the end of the world. Ryu probably would have been worth four wins, but if they trade for someone like David Price, he's probably worth two or three wins. So by my estimation, instead of being an 89 win team, it makes the Angels more of an 87 to 88 win team. It sucks, and might cost us the playoffs, but again not the end of the world. This should still be a pretty competitive team. Not as good as we hoped for, but still alright.

9 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

And several people were scoffing when Toronto was mentioned as a contender for Ryu's services.

This is where we are. Pitchers had rather go to Canada than come here.

Or, conversely, Toronto had to guarantee 4 years to a 33 year old pitcher who has topped 180 innings twice in his career (2013 and last season) and 2014 -2018 was a hodgepodge of lost years and DL visits.

We need a pitcher who can take the ball every 5/6th day and it makes sense we passed on Ryu.  Toronto is not even close to competing in 2020 so this move makes even less sense for them.

7 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Or, conversely, Toronto had to guarantee 4 years to a 33 year old pitcher who has topped 180 innings twice in his career (2013 and last season) and 2014 -2018 was a hodgepodge of lost years and DL visits.

We need a pitcher who can take the ball every 5/6th day and it makes sense we passed on Ryu.  Toronto is not even close to competing in 2020 so this move makes even less sense for them.

I didn't quite get it either. New York is the beast in that division, Boston is likely to rebound, and the Rays are always better than people believe that they will be. Toronto has a good strong core of legacy players, but Ryu doesn't suddenly put them in contention.

If it was going to take a four-year contract, I don't blame the Angels for bowing out of the talks.

Ryu was a serious health risk, so I understand the Angels not signing him, but they still need a front end of the rotation starter.

I think that Reddit dude with his Price prediction ends up coming true now, which I guess is better than nothing.

Edited by VariousCrap