• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

THE Official 2019-2020 Hot Stove Thread

T.G.

17 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I think this may be the plan. Even after the off-season there may be better opportunities. It's a little different because there is a salary cap in the NBA, but assume there is a relatively firm internal cap for the Angels payroll. Every year there is a team that steals someone during the season because they had the cap space to take on some salary. The Angels may be able to do that if they maintain flexibility through a month or two instead of forcing a trade before opening day.

Typically those sorts of moves happen at the end of Spring Training or at the trade deadline, where one player you'd never expect to be traded is moved.

3 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

youre stuck with them RBM.

i dont want them, both of them are like Dog Turds on my shoe

I was just reporting what was said

Well, you're not very good at that because Morosi didn't say that Eppler was turned down.

He tweeted that conversations have stalled, and Marsh was discussed.

37 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I think this may be the plan. Even after the off-season there may be better opportunities. It's a little different because there is a salary cap in the NBA, but assume there is a relatively firm internal cap for the Angels payroll. Every year there is a team that steals someone during the season because they had the cap space to take on some salary. The Angels may be able to do that if they maintain flexibility through a month or two instead of forcing a trade before opening day.

Extending Simmons is the very expected outcome as was mentioned in the Primer Series, so yes that is a perfectly reasonable excuse to free up the Cozart money in addition to the other adds.

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t like the Wilson trade and have made that known.  But my issue is more the idea of using prospects to dump money is bad.  They’ve only done it the once so whatever.  I’m not going to try and justify it tho.  It looks bad. 

Yeah, I'm with you on this... As a one time thing because of the other things going on, fine..... But it best be a one time thing.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

You know what's ironic? The people that are normally fine with trading prospects are the ones that are up in arms over this trade, and the ones that are typically opposed to trading any prospects are the ones that are fine with this deal.

Eppler found a way to make everyone switch sides.

Is that true ? I don’t think there’s any consistent switcharoo going on.  

50 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Well, you're not very good at that because Morosi didn't say that Eppler was turned down.

He tweeted that conversations have stalled, and Marsh was discussed.

he did say it was turned down on MLB, stalled in this case just means the two sides couldnt come to an agreement

the tigers value  their pitcher more than the Angels do apparently

especially since Al Avila said that he expects Boyd to be his opening day starter.

he said he has to listen to offers that his job

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

More disappointment in Eppler this off-season. This was supposed to be one of those stoners where the entire direction of the franchise shifts. 

Rendon is great, but he's a luxury, not a necessity. The necessity is picking and we've got Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran. 

Without any additional picking moves, in order to compete, Canning will need to develop into a mid rotation starter, Ohtani will need to be a front of the rotation starter and Andrew Heaney will need to stay healthy.

That's a lot that needs to go right for this team to go to the playoffs.

Second, I have enjoyed your posts for a long, long time.  You keep stating how you are disappointed in Eppler with regards to the SP market this summer.  While everyone is disappointed we didn't land a top tier pitcher or two, I would like to know what you would have liked Eppler to do.  We know of the four who were never coming here.  Would you have liked him to outbid the contracts for Ryu and/or Keuchel or are you referring to not pursuing the Homer Bailey's of the world?

I'm just wondering who some of the guys are you have in mind when you express your disappointment in Eppler.

19 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is that true ? I don’t think there’s any consistent switcharoo going on.  

No, he's definitely onto a vibe...   If you read the minor league thread you'll see a lot of strong opinions about guys and list of names people don't want to see traded.  Wilson was the first time in Epplers run at GM where the consensus reaction to the pick was "meh" and most of the regular posters there weren't really phased to see him moved.

How much of that had to do with Wison vs the universal belief that Cozart was a complete bust is up for debate.

4 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

thank you, its the tattoo I have in honor of my wife, from a poem I wrote her years ago

That’s cool man.  But seriously. And I’m not trying to be condescending.  AW is a cool place.  Lou and Stradling are cool so you don’t really need to worry about them.  But in general online it’s a bad idea to use your name on Internet forums.  I would urge you to change that. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, Wisconsin27 said:

Second, I have enjoyed your posts for a long, long time.  You keep stating how you are disappointed in Eppler with regards to the SP market this summer.  While everyone is disappointed we didn't land a top tier pitcher or two, I would like to know what you would have liked Eppler to do.  We know of the four who were never coming here.  Would you have liked him to outbid the contracts for Ryu and/or Keuchel or are you referring to not pursuing the Homer Bailey's of the world?

I'm just wondering who some of the guys are you have in mind when you express your disappointment in Eppler.

i dont think hes necessarily speaking in regard to any specific pitchers, just that as more and more arms are signing elsewhere, the options are Dwindling, scarcity does tend to lead to higher prices and  shall we say less enticing choices

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That’s cool man.  But seriously. And I’m not trying to be condescending.  AW is a cool place.  Lou and Stradling are cool so you don’t really need to worry about them.  But in general online it’s a bad idea to use your name on Internet forums.  I would urge you to change that. 

thank you, and yes you are correct

Its honestly just a carryover from my time as a Fed, I didnt use a pseudonym then, even though many of my fellow Treasury Agents did, i felt it was dishonest in some way. I do however greatly appreciate your concern for my welfare. truly I do.

I have my opinions Some right and some wrong,  I just feel as i did then, if im going to open my mouth or wear a badge, im not going to hide behind it

Although the Twins may be finished picking up notable starters, that doesn’t mean the reigning AL Central champions are content to enter next season without adding at least one more established contributor to the roster. On the contrary, they’re still chasing the premier free agent available, Josh Donaldson, and have made the third baseman a four-year offer, Dan Hayes of The Athletic reports (subscription link).

At this point, Eppler should go all in on hitting and ask Donaldson if he would switch to playing 2nd base and sign him. Since he seems to think that SP isn't very important, might as well try to outhit the opposition.

Simmons, Trout, Rendon, Donaldson, Ohtani, Upton, Adell, Pujols, Stassi. That's a heck of a lineup.

27 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

thank you, its the tattoo I have in honor of my wife, from a poem I wrote her years ago

This makes you cool.

32 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

has nothing to do with being cool, I say what i believe and i dont cower to bullies like Stradling And Lou. none of you should

This makes you a pussy. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t like the Wilson trade and have made that known.  But my issue is more the idea of using prospects to dump money is bad.  They’ve only done it the once so whatever.  I’m not going to try and justify it tho.  It looks bad. 

that it does but i think there are exceptions,

if youve got a very deep farm system where youre going to lose players in the rule 5 draft otherwise , I dont see much of a problem using prospects your likely to lose anyway to help your luxury tax situation, giving up a first round pick is rather extreme however, so I grant you do have a point

17 minutes ago, Bill Neftleberg said:

thank you, and yes you are correct

Its honestly just a carryover from my time as a Fed, I didnt use a pseudonym then, even though many of my fellow Treasury Agents did, i felt it was dishonest in some way. I do however greatly appreciate your concern for my welfare. truly I do.

I have my opinions Some right and some wrong,  I just feel as i did then, if im going to open my mouth or wear a badge, im not going to hide behind it

Point Break Meme GIF by Hyper RPG