• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noe Ramirez

This is all so overblown. 

Everyone's doing exactly what they should. 

Marisnick screwed up. It wasn't intentional but it was wrong. He got popped by MLB as a result. 
The Angels retaliated in a very fair way. They denied it the right way. 
The Astros had to chirp to show support for Jake. Hinch is just doing what he has to do to his team.

That should be the end of it...it would be nuts for the Astros to one-up it again tonight.

Edited by totdprods

Its over now.  This isn’t the Dodgers/Giants or Yankees/Red Sox where things go on forever.  It was a single episode and it got handled by the players like it has for years.  There should be no need to carry this further than last night.  Marisnick, by his own admission, knew it might happen, and Hinch, as an ex-player certainly isn’t that naive.  

I would assume it’s over, unless Cole wants to do something really stupid.  Which he won’t.

Edited by PattyD22

8 hours ago, disarcina said:

hopefully MORE

old school ways for a young pitcher -- good stuff,.

but I wonder if today's players have the appreciation for that style of play like the players from 'back in the day" did.

ALSO - got to mention - was kinda impressed with Houston's Marinsiak (spelled wrong) tonight, He helped defuse the situation/ calm down his team mates.

I liked the way he sort of stepped up by his response in effect saying, 'hey boys, this is how it's done ....I take responsibility for what I did and here's the expected response from the Angels - OK - let's move on and play ball....."

Impressed with Marinsiak from the incident + 1 second.  I faulted him hard for the collision - and still do - but he's been class ever since.   

If nothing else occurs, I think it's time the fans cut him a break - he took his payback like a man - (and it was definitely scary-high - which is why I dislike those paybacks) - hat tip to him for his behavior since.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

And Amsinger shouldn't back down, Byrnes is the typical jacked up jock and since he used to blow up catchers before the rule, well, this isn't a big deal to him because he's the guy that could choose how he made that decision. That decision is taken away by rule now and Marisnick ignored the rule and still has his suspension to sit out. Ramirez hitting him, Marisnick understood why and took his punishment by the weakest throwing of the Angels relievers. Amsinger has it right, Merisnick went to first base without a word and he is the guy that chooses if he feels he was wronged. Not the bench and not Hinch.

I think you have a good point. If this is the end of this, meaning no retaliation from Houston, I think Merisnick really did not mean for this to be intentional. He accepted his fate, so to speak, and prevented further escalation.

59 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Impressed with Marinsiak from the incident + 1 second.  I faulted him hard for the collision - and still do - but he's been class ever since.   

If nothing else occurs, I think it's time the fans cut him a break - he took his payback like a man - (and it was definitely scary-high - which is why I dislike those paybacks) - hat tip to him for his behavior since.  

Sorry I missed your comment, I just said the same thing.

Marisnick had the entire out side lane open to him. If you watch the video of the collision, you can see that Marisnick was going towards the inside lane half way's to home. At the end, when Marisnick makes that unnecessary movement, he's not even going towards home plate, he aiming for Lucroy.

Here's the video and if you pause at the 2 min mark, you can clearly see how far he diverged from home plate.     

And at the same time that Lucroy get to the ball, you can still see that entire outside lane is open. 

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Noe's problem is and always has been his propensity to allow the HR..     He's a perfectly fine middle reliever.

This

Looks like the biggest difference this season is that he doesn't let the HRs happen as much with men on base.   ERA has come down over a run from a year ago.

The WHIP is even better so far, 1.11 vs 1.26 a year ago.    He's pitching like a rock solid middle reliever (knock on wood). 

9 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Geez - the MLB Tonight crew almost had a benches clearing brawl over this one:

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp

Amsinger, Byrnes, and Plesac. That was one crazy-ass ten minutes. 

Looked like Plesac had to get in between Assigner and Byrnes there for a second. LoL

40 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Marisnick got suspended by the league and served his suspension. It should’ve ended there. Don’t be surprised or lose your sh*t if someone like Ohtani gets one on the ear flap tonight. It’s bush league and it shouldn’t be happening. 

Marisnick appealed it.....

33 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Marisnick got suspended by the league and served his suspension. It should’ve ended there. Don’t be surprised or lose your sh*t if someone like Ohtani gets one on the ear flap tonight. It’s bush league and it shouldn’t be happening. 

Taking a fastball in the earflap is a potentially career-ending - or life-ending escalation.

Don't lose your sh*t if someone literally breaks Coles arm if he does this. 

Was never for retaliating - but if Cole deliberately hits a player in the head with a 95+ mph fastball, his career should be over.  

43 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I agree only if you are referring to the location of the pitch. I dont like throwing at the head region. But a retaliation is necessary for something that violent. This is true in any sport or life for that matter. If you dont retaliate you are giving your opponent a huge advantage and the green light to continue with a given behavior. Now the retaliation should always be appropriate.

50 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Calzone, I normally respect your opinion but on this one I don’t agree.  The act of payback has been going on in baseball longer than you and I have been around.

Like hockey, there is a right way and a wrong way to retaliate and most players in both leagues understand this.  Every single player knew there was going to be payback, the question was when.  It was done in a way that both teams should understand it’s over.  

This wasn’t payback for a guy standing at home plate “showing up” a pitcher, or some other perceived slight.  This was a player who barreled into our catcher and concussed him as well as broke his nose. He’s still on the IL and may be out for an extended time.  Marisnick was out for 2 games maximum.  In the players eyes, regardless of what Hinch says, it should be over and done.  If the Astros chose to retaliate the retaliation, then this shit is going to result in big fines and suspensions and I don’t believe either team can afford this at this point.

As has been stated as nauseum, it should be done and over I hope.

24 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Taking a fastball in the earflap is a potentially career-ending - or life-ending escalation.

Don't lose your sh*t if someone literally breaks Coles arm if he does this. 

Was never for retaliating - but if Cole deliberately hits a player in the head with a 95+ mph fastball, his career should be over.  

I’m not a fan of retaliation but if you’re going to pluck someone don’t go after his head. This is baseball and not the Mesopotamian eye for an eye culture. Was there a bounty put on Marisnick’s head? 

Edited by Calzone 2