• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noe Ramirez

3 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Calzone, I normally respect your opinion but on this one I don’t agree.  The act of payback has been going on in baseball longer than you and I have been around.

Like hockey, there is a right way and a wrong way to retaliate and most players in both leagues understand this.  Every single player knew there was going to be payback, the question was when.  It was done in a way that both teams should understand it’s over.  

This wasn’t payback for a guy standing at home plate “showing up” a pitcher, or some other perceived slight.  This was a player who barreled into our catcher and concussed him as well as broke his nose. He’s still on the IL and may be out for an extended time.  Marisnick was out for 2 games maximum.  In the players eyes, regardless of what Hinch says, it should be over and done.  If the Astros chose to retaliate the retaliation, then this shit is going to result in big fines and suspensions and I don’t believe either team can afford this at this point.

As has been stated as nauseum, it should be done and over I hope.

I completely understand your position. It is baseball but I’m a 100% anti violence type of person. It would all be better served with public apologies and handshakes but I respect everyone’s opinion on the matter. Hopefully is done and over with. 

21 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m not a fan of retaliation but if you’re going to pluck someone don’t go after his head. This is baseball and not the Mesopotamian eye for an eye culture. Was there a bounty put on Marisnick’s head? 

I'm pretty sure Noe's pinpoint control is what sent that 86 mph pitch right at the letter A in Marisnick on his shoulder. Pinpoint control. 

Quit being an idiot.

The interview with the Astros' coach is gold. Poor little baby had it coming for the pathetic collision at home. He should just be thankful we didn't put in Buttrey or Robles to throw 100mph at him. I do admit the pitch was a bit high but he had it coming. He knew it too. The only one who still got hurt was Lucroy so let them play. If Yaddy Molina is going to respond like that with his IG post then clearly a message had to be sent. 

You can't tell me that if the shoe were on the other foot that vets like Verlander and Cole wouldn't be encouraging some mid-level bullpen guy to do the same thing.  Hinch, especially being a former catcher, would put the hit on our guy.  F'ing hypocrites.

And lol at a 43 year old man wearing leggings and tennis shoes with a suit.  You're a clown, Byrnes.

1 minute ago, m0nkey said:

Hector Neris just got suspended 3 games for growing up and in to David Freese last night. You figure if Noe’s going to be suspended they’ll announce it soon too. 

Did Neris get ejected from the game? I'm still surprised that Noe didn't get ejected.

14 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Geez - the MLB Tonight crew almost had a benches clearing brawl over this one:

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp

Amsinger, Byrnes, and Plesac. That was one crazy-ass ten minutes. 

Manny Machado goes on explosive Instagram rant against MLB Network analysts

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/manny-machado-goes-on-explosive-instagram-rant-against-mlb-network-analysts/

Manny Machado apparently isn’t a big fan of the MLB Network.

The Padres star took to Instagram Live on Tuesday night to lay into MLB Network commentators Eric Byrnes and Dan Plesac. Machado was listening to the pair’s commentary on the Astros’ Jake Marisnick, who was plunked by the Angels on Tuesday night, a little over a week after he slammed into catcher Jonathan Lucroy. The collision forced Lucroy to be hospitalized with a fractured nose and concussion and earned Marisnick a two-game suspension.

“F–king Plesac,” Machado said. “Oh my God. This guy. Plesac and Byrnes — biggest tools out there. I don’t know what they’re talking about over there. They gotta talk about something at least. They gotta protect their people.”

Byrnes and Plesac defended Marisnick, who took his drilling in stride and helped calm down his teammates when benches briefly cleared. Had it been himself, however, Machado thinks the coverage would have sounded very different.

“F–king Plesac,” Machado said. “Oh my God. This guy. Plesac and Byrnes — biggest tools out there. I don’t know what they’re talking about over there. They gotta talk about something at least. They gotta protect their people.”...

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

19 hours ago, #WeNasty said:

I highly doubt he was told to do it, I just think he did it.  

Most of the time... The Game dictates it.... Depends on a few things... Lead middle or late in the game, an out or two (don't normally do it to a lead off batter), no other runners on base and if he is a real tool and you are down in the count 3-0 or 3-1 and you know your stuff is crap for the night and someone is getting loose behind you and you know this is your last hitter... Make him feel it on the way to 1B.... Ker-Plunk!

But, I never did it... The fun time, is when you know stuffs coming and a infield meeting is called and everyone comes together at the mound and starts talking about who they are taking when the benches clear... Good Times!

14 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Obviously this is sarcasm, but no, you're missing some nuance here.

Noe meant to throw at Marisnick, I don't believe he meant to throw at his head.

Well, most of our arms have ZERO clue where the ball is going 100% of the time anyway. So, the first part of the statement is the definitive "Noe meant to throw at Marisnick". 

21 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m not a fan of retaliation but if you’re going to pluck someone don’t go after his head. This is baseball and not the Mesopotamian eye for an eye culture. Was there a bounty put on Marisnick’s head? 

Ok, show of hands, who here agree with Clod that Noe went after Marisnick’s head?  

On 7/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, totdprods said:

This is all so overblown. 

Everyone's doing exactly what they should. 

Marisnick screwed up. It wasn't intentional but it was wrong. He got popped by MLB as a result. 
The Angels retaliated in a very fair way. They denied it the right way. 
The Astros had to chirp to show support for Jake. Hinch is just doing what he has to do to his team.

That should be the end of it...it would be nuts for the Astros to one-up it again tonight.

^^^^