• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noe Ramirez

I get that the pitch was a bit higher than it should have been, but it still didn't break his face and it was 89 mph.  

Gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Cole on the mound tomorrow.  My guess is that Albert doesn't play.  Not gonna be very fun to take 99 to the ribs.  

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I get that the pitch was a bit higher than it should have been, but it still didn't break his face and it was 89 mph.  

Gonna be very interesting to see what happens with Cole on the mound tomorrow.  My guess is that Albert doesn't play.  Not gonna be very fun to take 99 to the ribs.  

If he throws at Kole Calhoun it will be a huge mistake.

A fireball will shoot out of a canon from the home late area to the mound knocking Harriot Cole on her ass.

I'm sure from here on out the Astros are going to fear Noe Ramirez and his scorching 89 MPH heat. If I am the Angels I make sure Noe is the guy to nail Marisnick. Not Andrew Heaney, Cahill or Anderson that can all bring it at 95 or greater, nope, give that responsibility to Ramirez because he can leave a welt that will last for minutes. Minutes!

Ramirez wasn't ejected so I doubt MLB takes it any further, they botched Marisnicks suspension length give the amount of damage he did to Lucroy so it may just pass their desk without any notice given. All of Hinch's barking is probably going to be ignored simply because he was the guy that penciled Marisnick into the lienup so soon after the incident. If the Angels don't see him this series the issue runs out of steam. Kind of like when Verlander threatened to bean Aybar for bunting in the 8th inning of his no hitter bid. They didn't face each other the rest of the year and the intentional never took place.

Tonight's game is probably going to be pretty sedate, the payback was delivered, it's over. The scales are balanced, even though really they are not. Lucroy took a serious beating, ending up having to need surgery and concussions have lifetime effects. Marisnick will still be able to play tonight and know they are not going to take another shot at him. 

On a personal note, yes, the Angels needed to put one on Marisnick. In the past under the Scioscia regime no payback was allowed, only Weaver broke that rule and was ejected after the first pitch when he intentionly beaned a player a day after three Angels were hit by pitches the previous game. But the rep in the leagues is the Angels don't retaliate so they are free game and we've seen too many of our guys getting injured by pitches that could have been and have been intentional for whatever reason. Time for the Angels to be less Angelic. 

5 hours ago, Sean-Regan said:

Geez - the MLB Tonight crew almost had a benches clearing brawl over this one:

https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-marisnick-hbp

Amsinger, Byrnes, and Plesac. That was one crazy-ass ten minutes. 

Damn. Dan Plesac looks stupid in this entire segment. I lost respect for him. Byrnes is wacky, but for whatever reason I like him.

I totally agree with Amsinger. I'm glad that he didn't budge on his stance even though it was two former MLB players vs. a show host.

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm sure from here on out the Astros are going to fear Noe Ramirez and his scorching 89 MPH heat. If I am the Angels I make sure Noe is the guy to nail Marisnick. Not Andrew Heaney, Cahill or Anderson that can all bring it at 95 or greater, nope, give that responsibility to Ramirez because he can leave a welt that will last for minutes. Minutes!

Ramirez wasn't ejected so I doubt MLB takes it any further, they botched Marisnicks suspension length give the amount of damage he did to Lucroy so it may just pass their desk without any notice given. All of Hinch's barking is probably going to be ignored simply because he was the guy that penciled Marisnick into the lienup so soon after the incident. If the Angels don't see him this series the issue runs out of steam. Kind of like when Verlander threatened to bean Aybar for bunting in the 8th inning of his no hitter bid. They didn't face each other the rest of the year and the intentional never took place.

Tonight's game is probably going to be pretty sedate, the payback was delivered, it's over. The scales are balanced, even though really they are not. Lucroy took a serious beating, ending up having to need surgery and concussions have lifetime effects. Marisnick will still be able to play tonight and know they are not going to take another shot at him. 

On a personal note, yes, the Angels needed to put one on Marisnick. In the past under the Scioscia regime no payback was allowed, only Weaver broke that rule and was ejected after the first pitch when he intentionly beaned a player a day after three Angels were hit by pitches the previous game. But the rep in the leagues is the Angels don't retaliate so they are free game and we've seen too many of our guys getting injured by pitches that could have been and have been intentional for whatever reason. Time for the Angels to be less Angelic. 

Blarg this is well said.  It pretty much sums up how I feel except better stated.

i couldn’t see the pitch from my seats so I didn’t see how close it was to the head, of which should always be off limits.  But I agree, Noe Ramirez and his 89 mph stuff was the right person for the job.  It could have been Robles, Buttrey, Anderson, Cam or someone else who throws heat.  It wasn’t.  The message got delivered, and hopefully now it’s over.  

Edited by PattyD22

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Damn. Dan Plesac looks stupid in this entire segment. I lost respect for him. Byrnes is wacky, but for whatever reason I like him.

I totally agree with Amsinger. I'm glad that he didn't budge on his stance even though it was two former MLB players vs. a show host.

I agree.. I just don’t understand the argument that there was no lane because Lucroy was “shuffling” his feet.. the lane was always clear, how was going inside of the base line going to help him score ? 

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Noe has stayed consistent this season, no bad stretches so far (knock on wood).

As for the pitch, whether he did on purpose or not, respect is given for his solid relief so far this season.

Noe's problem is and always has been his propensity to allow the HR..     He's a perfectly fine middle reliever.

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

And Amsinger shouldn't back down, Byrnes is the typical jacked up jock and since he used to blow up catchers before the rule, well, this isn't a big deal to him because he's the guy that could choose how he made that decision. That decision is taken away by rule now and Marisnick ignored the rule and still has his suspension to sit out. Ramirez hitting him, Marisnick understood why and took his punishment by the weakest throwing of the Angels relievers. Amsinger has it right, Merisnick went to first base without a word and he is the guy that chooses if he feels he was wronged. Not the bench and not Hinch.