• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Luis Valbuena Killed in Car Accident

ettin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Reports on mlbnetwork radio this morning say this is a homicide investigation. The rock was deliberately put in the road in an attempt to get the vehicle to stop so they could rob the passengers.  They did not see the rock and the accident and fatalities were a result.  It was also reported two people survived - both wearing seat belts while Valbuena and Castillo were not wearing seat belts.

Just tragic.

I want to say it's good to hear that it wasn't alcohol related like all of these things seem to end up the result of.  But this doesn't make it feel better in any way.  Actually feels worse and even more meaningless.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Reports on mlbnetwork radio this morning say this is a homicide investigation. The rock was deliberately put in the road in an attempt to get the vehicle to stop so they could rob the passengers.  They did not see the rock and the accident and fatalities were a result.  It was also reported two people survived - both wearing seat belts while Valbuena and Castillo were not wearing seat belts.

Just tragic.

Wow.  This is unbelievable.  It makes it even worse.

RIP, Luis.

I'm glad he got a taste of the dream of playing in MLB - loved the obvious fun he had playing the game.  

Gone too soon.

And the manner is just awful - I mean, putting a rock in the road to rob people is bad enough.  To take their property - to go through the pockets of men as they lay dying from an accident you caused??  

I just can't ... :(

18 hours ago, Kenny said:

I feel like, at least in my case, I ripped on him because I felt he had more potential than he was showing on the field.  That on top of him being a likable guy, it just made it frustrating when he was not playing well.

nobody should feel bad for criticizing the guy in life. that's all well and warranted. but when a person dies, there's no need to criticize anymore, let the person be remembered for the good they did in life, in this case on the field.

the guy had a joy for life, his teammates clearly liked him, and his friends and family loved him. nobody should be criticizing his obp now.

i think his impact as a person is highlighted in tim mead's rather poetic eulogy for him, "Every day, every single day he had a smile on his face, happiness in his heart & a genuine interest in making others feel the same. He treated everyone with respect, sincerity, and his wonderful gift of humor. Every day, every single day.

that's a nice way to be remembered.