• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

Kelenic is a nice add.  He and Julio Rodriguez are the two guys to dream on in the M's system right now.   

They're talking about the M's liking Crawford as part of the Segura deal.  Would love to see the M's do that.  Seems like they'll unload Segura and Leake for sure.  I think they'll keep Haniger.  

Eric Logenhagen of Fangraphs fame says the trades bring the Mariners farm system to around "major league median" - so #15 or so. I suppose it isn't too far-fetched to think that trading Haniger and Segura would make them top 5, but Haniger alone (as Olney's original tweet stated) woudn't do it ...maybe edge of top 10.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Eric Logenhagen of Fangraphs fame says the trades bring the Mariners farm system to around "major league median" - so #15 or so. I suppose it isn't too far-fetched to think that trading Haniger and Segura would make them top 5, but Haniger alone (as Olney's original tweet stated) woudn't do it ...maybe edge of top 10.

So if that is the case, Dipoto, since quitting, has guided his Mariners to better records than the Angels, and now, will have successfully rebuilt a farm system, in one off season, that is also better than the Angels.

Maybe he really is a Jedi?

33 minutes ago, eligrba said:

So if that is the case, Dipoto, since quitting, has guided his Mariners to better records than the Angels, and now, will have successfully rebuilt a farm system, in one off season, that is also better than the Angels.

Maybe he really is a Jedi?

Yes he’s the Jedi who convinced Olney he has a top 5 farm. 

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Nah. Not for a while ... maybe hopefully Jay Bruce if he builds up value hitting the ball.

Segura and maybe Haniger the next to go.

Im not sure i see any reason for him to keep Bruce,  i mean he doesnt have huge value but will net them something younger coming back i would think.  
I get it they have to actually field a team in 19, but at this point what difference does that make if all the rumored names are gone.  

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

Im not sure i see any reason for him to keep Bruce,  i mean he doesnt have huge value but will net them something younger coming back i would think.  
I get it they have to actually field a team in 19, but at this point what difference does that make if all the rumored names are gone.  

He’s more expensive for more years and is the same age as Kole.   He was also worse than Kole last year.  If Kole has no trade value I’d assume neither does Bruce.   I could be wrong, someone could look at him to bounce back and have a healthy year or two, but at $26 million over those two years it’s pretty risky.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He’s more expensive for more years and is the same age as Kole.   He was also worse than Kole last year.  If Kole has no trade value I’d assume neither does Bruce.   I could be wrong, someone could look at him to bounce back and have a healthy year or two, but at $26 million over those two years it’s pretty risky.  

Perhaps, maybe even likely, but would it shock you to see them shove him into a deal for Segura for example as the price of admission?  I doubt they want to keep him though they may not have a choice. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

Perhaps, maybe even likely, but would it shock you to see them shove him into a deal for Segura for example as the price of admission?  I doubt they want to keep him though they may not have a choice. 

Oh I don’t think they want to keep him, but then you might as well release him or play him.  If they include him in a Segura deal just to get out of the contract then they won’t get the prospects they could get for Segura.  Segura himself is getting getting paid $60 million over the next four years, which isn’t a ton, but if you tack on $26 million of Bruce salary there is very little value there.  Plus I just think there is a good market for Segura, but not good enough for he and Bruce.  

Adding Diaz to a deal to get rid of Cano (minus $20 million) basically lowered the value of Diaz to a crazy low level.  I would imagine you could have gotten a top 50 prospect for Diaz and probably an additional top 100.  

Yeah no Jay Bruce has no value not with that contract.

He'll likely just DH and maybe rebuild some value and he's gone mid season with us eating some money. That is what I see happening anyway.

And from all reports that I read, Kelenic will most likely advance up the Top 100 list easily. Dunn ... probably just a fringe-r.

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh I don’t think they want to keep him, but then you might as well release him or play him.  If they include him in a Segura deal just to get out of the contract then they won’t get the prospects they could get for Segura.  Segura himself is getting getting paid $60 million over the next four years, which isn’t a ton, but if you tack on $26 million of Bruce salary there is very little value there.  Plus I just think there is a good market for Segura, but not good enough for he and Bruce.  

Adding Diaz to a deal to get rid of Cano (minus $20 million) basically lowered the value of Diaz to a crazy low level.  I would imagine you could have gotten a top 50 prospect for Diaz and probably an additional top 100.  

very true, all depends what their priority is and right now were all guessing on that one, lol   My assumption is that they want more better youth balanced by dumping payroll in the process, maybe Bruce is something they just have to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure if its already been mentioned. But why would the Mets do this? Theyre not close, and cano isnt going to put them over.

If they keep their starters, spend some money and have a closer, they are closer in that division than some may think.   They have DeGrom, Syndergaard and Wheeler.  Not a bad start.  

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Now there is a story saying they will do anything to move Seager, even if it means including Haniger to do so....

That is Buster Olney saying they SHOULD include Haniger or Segura to do so ... no indication that is from anyone with the M's.