• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

Yep and pretty much everyone shit on him since. I don't get the obsession with someone who hasn't been in the organization for 3 plus years. 

I agree -- I don't get why people continue to praise him in some vain attempt to ding the Angels.   But, it's easy to point out their ignorance when they do.

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So the team looking at a full rebuild will be picking after the Angels in the draft?    

I thought we were trying to compete in 2018? I mean one would assume with the 6th highest payroll in all of baseball you would be trying to win. But finishing 23 games back of first place.... really? That doesn't sound like a really great ROI.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I agree -- I don't get why people continue to praise him in some vain attempt to ding the Angels.   But, it's easy to point out their ignorance when they do.

Where is my praise in my original comment?

"So Dipoto has a horrible farm and a decent team and everyone makes fun of him. Then he starts trading assets to rebuild the farm faster and everyone makes fun of him. I sense a theme here."

I thought we were trying to compete in 2018? I mean one would assume with the 6th highest payroll in all of baseball you would be trying to win. But finishing 23 games back of first place.... really? That doesn't sound like a really great ROI.

I thought the question was how finishing 9 games ahead of the Angels was helpful to the M's cause in any way moving forward.   You got nothing do, you?   Even in winning they ended up losing, in large part because their GM decided to switch gears and rebuild.   Last year was last year, it's as meaningful moving forward as 2014 was or 2002.   The Angels are still working through their problems, many of them the result of the guy that used to be the GM here.

Like you said -- too easy.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

BTW -- I think JD selling off is the best thing he could have done but if history is any indication he will simply switch gears and go in a different direction before it comes together.   But you're 100% correct that he is someone else's headache and we have our own shit to worry about.

I agree. I think selling off all his assets is a huge win. Helps rebuild the Mariners sooner than just waiting for draft picks and ending up in the middle of the road in the standings. Nothing good comes from being mediocre. That literally is my point of my posts. I hate finishing in the middle. It is dumb. Either go all in trying to win and hopefully you do. But if it doesn't work out, burn it the f down and rebuild. Finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th is annoying. There is no such thing as a moral victory in sports. 

Where is my praise in my original comment?

"So Dipoto has a horrible farm and a decent team and everyone makes fun of him. Then he starts trading assets to rebuild the farm faster and everyone makes fun of him. I sense a theme here."

The praise was in the OP...   That's what I referenced and you responded to -- I hope that clears it any miscommunication.

I thought the question was how finishing 9 games ahead of the Angels was helpful to the M's cause in any way moving forward.   You got nothing do, you?   Even in winning they ended up losing, in large part because their GM decided to switch gears and rebuild.   Last year was last year, it's as meaningful moving forward as 2014 was or 2002.   The Angels are still working through their problems, many of them the result of the guy that used to be the GM here.

Like you said -- too easy.

Can't argue something I am not arguing. They went all in last year they failed and finished 3rd. Life moves on. What he is doing once the off season began I see no problems with. Sometimes you have to change course. Nothing wrong with that. Again too easy.

The praise was in the OP...   That's what I referenced and you responded to -- I hope that clears it any miscommunication.

I wasn't referencing the OP at all. I was referencing the rest of the thread shitting on Dipoto. I again don't get the animosity. It's been 3 plus years worry about what's going on in our own back yard. We got our own problems and plenty of them. 

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I wasn't referencing the OP at all. I was referencing the rest of the thread shitting on Dipoto. I again don't get the animosity. It's been 3 plus years worry about what's going on in our own back yard. We got our own problems and plenty of them. 

Jesus...   You responded to MY post.. and I was...   Why was I referencing the OP?  Because you asked why people were talking/shitting on Dipoto....  because like always someone tried to prop him up as some bellwether of how to GM...  

You're not even trying to understand the conversation --  Take it easy.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

....Just Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, Andrelton Simmons, Justin Upton, and a better farm system still.    The M's do have more international money though...

Till you win something with all that talent, I don't really care who you have on paper.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Says the fan of one of only two MLB teams to never make the WS.

Thanks I was completely unaware how much the Mariners have sucked, cause ya know I didn't say I was fed up with them earlier or anything.

Keep clinging on to 16 years ago .... you're not the Red Sox or Yankees. With all the shit you guys talk, you gotta be able to take a little bit.

You can shit on the Mariners all ya want, I'll help lol, but if we're judging by World Series wins ... that means the Marlins are better than both of us?

1 minute ago, Ender said:

Thanks I was completely unaware how much the Mariners have sucked, cause ya know I didn't say I was fed up with them earlier or anything.

Keep clinging on to 16 years ago .... you're not the Red Sox or Yankees. With all the shit you guys talk, you gotta be able to take a little bit.

Hey Jackass we can talk whatever shit we want on an Angel fan website.   This isn’t us taking our banter to Lookout Landing. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Hey Jackass we can talk whatever shit we want on an Angel fan website.   This isn’t us taking our banter to Lookout Landing. 

I mean if ya guys really got a problem with it, I'm sure you can have someone ban me whenever ya want, I'll live. 

For as many Mariner / Dipoto topics as I see on this forum, I get confused where I'm at sometimes!

Just now, Ender said:

I mean if ya guys really got a problem with it, I'm sure you can have someone ban me whenever ya want, I'll live. 

For as many Mariner / Dipoto topics as I see on this forum, I get confused where I'm at sometimes!

I don’t have a problem with you posting here just weird you’d question the posting styles of the fans that support the team.