• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

49 minutes ago, Ender said:

Also if you aren't first, you're last in my book .... I don't see us, you or the A's dethroning the Astros for a lil bit atop the AL West ... and splurging to shoot for a 1 game playoff lottery ticket seems crazier than burning the system down.

I completely disagree with this way of thinking. 

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

kelenic, dunn and dom thompson-williams won't be in the majors in 2019.  

and I'm not convinced he's done trading to improve the big club once he gets rid of the rest of the previous year's roster.  

They're going to unload Leake, Seager and possibly even Haniger if they get the right prospects in return. Even if they dump just Seager and Leake, they're losing a bunch of games in the W column for at least the next 1-2 years, possibly longer. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

They're going to unload Leake, Seager and possibly even Haniger if they get the right prospects in return. Even if they dump just Seager and Leake, they're losing a bunch of games in the W column for at least the next 1-2 years, possibly longer. 

Yes.  Because it's not about prospects but org talent.  

I actually thought the Zunino and Colome trades were pretty good for the M's.  I can even understand what JD did with the Diaz and Cano deal.  

but moving Segura at all doesn't make a ton of sense to me and the return in Crawford makes me scratch my head.  

I'm sure he'll unload Leake for nothing and my guess is that he won't be able to move Seager just yet unless he's part of a Haniger deal.  

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im wondering if some of this isnt more due to internal problems rather than a planned rebuild. Werent there murmurs of clubhouse friction towards the end of last year?

Yes. The fight that happened in the clubhouse was apparently started by Segura directed at Dee Gordon. I mean Dee sucked, but you probably shouldn't be an asshole to teammates. 

Segura apparently had less trade value than people imagine.

https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/status/1069750708965072901

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Have the Mariners hung a banner for being a top five farm system yet?

Stockpiling young talent can work.  It can fail miserably, too.  I'm glad Arte has never pulled this shit.

No I would much rather finish 20 plus games out of first while having a top payroll in the league. Much better use of cash. 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im wondering if some of this isnt more due to internal problems rather than a planned rebuild. Werent there murmurs of clubhouse friction towards the end of last year?

Could be a bit of both. I guess it depends how the rest of the off season goes. If they trade or sign more major leaguers than prospects. And have a high payroll.

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

No I would much rather finish 20 plus games out of first while having a top payroll in the league. Much better use of cash. 

It wouldn’t shock me if the Mariners have a higher payroll this coming year than last and be a lot worse.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It wouldn’t shock me if the Mariners have a higher payroll this coming year than last and be a lot worse.  

Ok. What's the bet? 

Mariners have higher payroll than the Angels this year?

As I am not a fan of the Mariners and could care less what they do. It looks like from the outside they are rebuilding and trying to be bad. It could change during the course of the off season. But I fully expect Seattle to be dead last in the AL West.

Just now, Kevinb said:

Ok. What's the bet? 

Mariners have higher payroll than the Angels this year?

As I am not a fan of the Mariners and could care less what they do. It looks like from the outside they are rebuilding and trying to be bad. It could change during the course of the off season. But I fully expect Seattle to be dead last in the AL West.

They are taking on payroll with all of these trades.  They took on $13 million for Bruce, $8 million for Swarzak, $17.5 million for Santana.  They are also paying $20 million of Cano, obviously not all this year.  It isn’t like they are shedding a ton of short term salary with these trades.  

Just now, Stradling said:

They are taking on payroll with all of these trades.  They took on $13 million for Bruce, $8 million for Swarzak, $17.5 million for Santana.  They are also paying $20 million of Cano, obviously not all this year.  It isn’t like they are shedding a ton of short term salary with these trades.  

It is a long term game. But you didn't answer the question. What's the bet for the Mariners having a higher payroll than the Angels?

3 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

It is a long term game. But you didn't answer the question. What's the bet for the Mariners having a higher payroll than the Angels?

Who ever said they would?  I said it wouldn’t surprise me if they had a higher payroll than last year and be much worse.  Where did I compare them to the Angels?  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Who ever said they would?  I said it wouldn’t surprise me if they had a higher payroll than last year and be much worse.  Where did I compare them to the Angels?  

in Kevinb's mind.  It's right there next to the can of spray cheese and under the naked photos of tilda swinton on top of the lego replica of Jerry Dipoto's summer house.  It's built to scale.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

in Kevinb's mind.  It's right there next to the can of spray cheese and under the naked photos of tilda swinton on top of the lego replica of Jerry Dipoto's summer house.  It's built to scale.  

Most of this is confusing but I love it. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Wtf?!?! Who the f is Tilda Swinton? Do you have a problem with legos? And no idea Jerry had a summer house. That’s weird you do... should I call the police about how you stalk his? Awkward that someone your age does that but hey... we all do what we love right?

Man I haven’t had spray cheese since I went camping when I was 12.... thanks for the way back time machine didn’t know they still made that. Old people on a budget who have to cut coupons to afford rent crack me up.