• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

Don't look now but it looks like the M's might only be sending 20 something million instead of the reported 60. Drastically changes the deal in my opinion.

Nov. 30, 6:24pm: The Mariners are only expected to chip in something in the mid-$20MM range to cover Cano’s salary, per Passan (via Twitter). Seattle will still be absorbing the two significant contracts, of course, but it seems the New York org will be paying for about half of Cano’s contract (while also presumptively paying Diaz in arbitration).

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

yes.  you love Dipoto.  

I don't. I nothing Dipoto. I also nothing Eppler. Dipoto ran away from the Angels and Eppler hasn't gotten my favorite team to the playoffs. But the obsession with what he is doing cracks me up. I don't see threads started about the other teams in our division GMs. He moved on so did we. Hopefully we got the better/right guy. Time will tell. 

2 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Yes, Dipoto isn't very good at running a team.

He's not? He got the Halos to the playoffs once. He also had less of a payroll then the Angels last year and had a better record than the Angels with Cano out most of the season. I am not saying he is great but, then what's that say about Eppler?

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

He's not? He got the Halos to the playoffs once. He also had less of a payroll then the Angels last year and had a better record than the Angels with Cano out most of the season. I am not saying he is great but, then what's that say about Eppler?

That Eppler has been busy fixing what Dipoto broke. 

2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Don't look now but it looks like the M's might only be sending 20 something million instead of the reported 60. Drastically changes the deal in my opinion.

Nov. 30, 6:24pm: The Mariners are only expected to chip in something in the mid-$20MM range to cover Cano’s salary, per Passan (via Twitter). Seattle will still be absorbing the two significant contracts, of course, but it seems the New York org will be paying for about half of Cano’s contract (while also presumptively paying Diaz in arbitration).

This is equal to bailing more water while drilling more holes in a sinking ship. But you guys got a 69th ranked prospect aged 19 and some guy on the fringe of falling off the top 100. Surely going to save the Mariners franchise, if Dipoto doesn't trade them away for some mid level player with only two years left on his contract. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

That Eppler has been busy fixing what Dipoto broke. 

Didn't say he wasn't. Just find it all humorous. So much hate for someone who hasn't been apart of the Angels organization for over 3 years. Move on. Everyone seems happy with Eppler. Focus on what he is doing. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This is equal to bailing more water while drilling more holes in a sinking ship. But you guys got a 69th ranked prospect aged 19 and some guy on the fringe of falling off the top 100. Surely going to save the Mariners franchise, if Dipoto doesn't trade them away for some mid level player with only two years left on his contract. 

At least we're not gonna be left holding an Albert Pujols sized bag while we sink.

12 minutes ago, Ender said:

I don't think it was ever reported they were sending 60, so much as the difference in acquired salaries and monies being sent to NY is equal to 60 mil.  

26 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Didn't say he wasn't. Just find it all humorous. So much hate for someone who hasn't been apart of the Angels organization for over 3 years. Move on. Everyone seems happy with Eppler. Focus on what he is doing. 

No thanks.  Go ahead and skip these threads if they don’t interest you.  TIA

Just now, Stradling said:

This is pretty funny.  I wonder how they won’t spend it again this time.  

Well, they did sign one profile guy and they traded some away to the Yankees for a RP that blew chunks for them down the stretch.  The Yankees used that money to sign players -- in two years one of those players will likely be traded to the Mariners because "circle of Dipoto".

Just now, Kevinb said:

..... and a 80-82 record in 2018 only 23 games back of first.... 

I get that you're a scoreboard guy, and that's fine and all but the Angels have those guys AND a better farm system..  The Mariners fluked their way to 89 wins and have nothing to show for it.   Tell me -- what impact will having finished 14 games back instead of 23 games back have on the M's next year?   I know you think you've made this amazing point but, you got nothing man.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get that you're a scoreboard guy, and that's fine and all but the Angels have those guys AND a better farm system..  The Mariners fluked their way to 89 wins and have nothing to show for it.   Tell me -- what impact will having finished 14 games back instead of 23 games back have on the M's next year?   I know you think you've made this amazing point but, you got nothing man.

Looks like they are selling off assets to make another run. By the time the farm gets here in 1-3 years who knows what'll be happening with Simmons and Upton on the downside of their careers. Wish the Angels sold off their assets to rebuild faster. Re signing Upton was a poor decision especially adding the extra year. Right now the team has 4 holes in the infield with 1 in the outfield. Guess we will see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this thread started by someone trying to throw feint praise at JD?

Yep and pretty much everyone shit on him since. I don't get the obsession with someone who hasn't been in the organization for 3 plus years.