• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

Just now, floplag said:

Uh huh, specifically around MLB, who talks to people that know far more than either of us about this game from the inside.
if your argument here is that i should take your opinion over his, thats not gonna happen till you have his resume and respect in the industry.

No that’s not my point.  My point is it’s nonsense by using any form of common sense. They had no top 100 prospects, they make a few trades and acquire two top 100 guys and they are now top 5?   It’s a really stupid opinion, not yours you are just quoting Olney.   I realize it’s dependent on trading Haniger as well, but it still will not catapult them into the top 5 or even top 10.   

56 minutes ago, floplag said:

I hate to point out what should be obvious, but there is no guarantee we will have that core either when we are ready to be relevant if that doesnt happen in the next couple years.  As of today all we know for certain is that Trout and Simmons deals are up in the next couple years, thats our only guaranteed window with them.

I get it, you are 100% convinced there is no way any of these guys leave, i dont know if that some info you are privy to that you cant say or wishful thinking, but i dont understand at all how you can be so dismissive of it as a possibility.  That said i hope you are right and all gladly be wrong when that day comes.

Also as of today, both the Astros and As have better rated farms.  Now potentially the Ms might as well so while we might be top 10-ish we would still be 4th in division. 

now you want us to have a top 5 farm system to ensure our future?  

I can't figure you out.  

OK, we'll trade Trout, Simmons, Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, and a whole bunch of other guys so we can have the best farm ever known to man.  Hell, we could have a top 5 farm system pretty easily if we traded just Skaggs, Heaney and Simmons.  

It's not about the farm system Flop.  It's about organizational talent as a whole.  

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

If Cano and Diaz are really gone ... it would not surprise me to see Jerry move Segura, Haniger and Leake next .... though I could also see him keeping Haniger. I'd keep Haniger.

Seager .... maybe he rebuilds some value and his gone mid season .... or he'll just continue to suck. 

Felix is fucked, but only signed next season.

Man, didn't realize Seager's contract was that harsh.   At least there is reason to believe it was the injury that hurt him and not a case of his skills having abandoned him.   Also, they may have punted but Jerry is doing a good job of keeping it interesting for you guys.   No clue where this all leads but at least it's entertaining for the fanbase.  Bad teams are a drag but a good farm gives you something to dream on.

I don't think he'll trade Haniger unless he gets a kings ransom.  

By the time everything is said and done, I think he'll end up using whatever currency he gets that isn't near major league ready and moving it for guys that are.  

Again, if he's the smartest guy in the room, then the talent he's getting in return for what he's trading away from the major league roster will be able to net him better talent once he turns around and moves it for someone else.  

I think he's thinking that this will be a 1-2 year plan

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Man, didn't realize Seager's contract was that harsh.   At least there is reason to believe it was the injury that hurt him and not a case of his skills having abandoned him.   Also, they may have punted but Jerry is doing a good job of keeping it interesting for you guys.   No clue where this all leads but at least it's entertaining for the fanbase.  Bad teams are a drag but a good farm gives you something to dream on.

Yeah .. I don't know. I'm pretty fed up with the Mariners as a whole and am quite fine with watching it all burn down .... but not if it can't regrow in 5-6 years .... that is the tough part to these trades. Can't really evaluate them when young prospects are acquired for quite some time. 

I'm ready for the Mariners to suck for the foreseeable future ... it's actually better than to have the false hope I've had the past few seasons.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

No that’s not my point.  My point is it’s nonsense by using any form of common sense. They had no top 100 prospects, they make a few trades and acquire two top 100 guys and they are now top 5?   It’s a really stupid opinion, not yours you are just quoting Olney.   I realize it’s dependent on trading Haniger as well, but it still will not catapult them into the top 5 or even top 10.   

so making 2 deals netting perhaps 5 or 6 top 100 guys doesnt warrant that comment?  really?   Its more than we have so take that for whatever its worth i guess. 
The bottom line here you arent buying into anything you dont put forth regardless of source.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I can't figure you out.  

OK, we'll trade Trout, Simmons, Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, and a whole bunch of other guys so we can have the best farm ever known to man.  Hell, we could have a top 5 farm system pretty easily if we traded just Skaggs, Heaney and Simmons.  

It's not about the farm system Flop.  It's about organizational talent as a whole.  

oh FFS did i say that?  no, ive said many many times not i would like a balance of both.  it would be nice if you guys could actually read instead of just blabbering at people.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I can't figure you out.  

yep! so he trades 75% of his 25 man roster, has a top 5 farm, but who's he putting on the field next year. Max Smith, Jay Bruce, Dee Gordon, Seager, and semi-warm bodies?

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

so making 2 deals netting perhaps 5 or 6 top 100 guys doesnt warrant that comment?  really?   Its more than we have so take that for whatever its worth i guess. 
The bottom line here you arent buying into anything you dont put forth regardless of source.

Ok if that’s what happened I might be able to agree, he’s received two.   

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

whatever that means i guess.  

Mariners are trading all their MLB talent for prospects that are 2-3 years away...maybe...but are keeping stiffs like Gordon and acquiring jabronis like Bruce.  Losing WAR without replacing it, effectively gutting their MLB roster to fill up their now barren minor leagues rated dead last by all reasonable scouting pubs, just to get near where the Angels are now in terms of farm talent.

But: "They could easily leapfrog us into having a better farm and develop into a better team faster thru this breakdown."

Yeah...sure