• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners, top 5 farm after all is said and done

floplag

For the farm first guys...
For all the grief we give DiPoto around here, most of it rightfully so,  it appears he may have some kind of method to the madness plan after all.
They could easily leapfrog us into having a better farm and develop into a better team faster thru this breakdown.

Of course it could also be Buster giving him far too much credit but still... lol 

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

For all the grief we give DiPoto around here, most of it rightfully so,  it appears he may have some kind of method to the madness plan after all.
They could easily leapfrog us into having a better farm and develop into a better team faster thru this breakdown.

Of course it could also be Buster giving him far too much credit but still... lol 

He might end up with a top 5 farm after trading Haniger, and Segura, but no they won’t be a better team faster.  They don’t have a Trout, or Ohtani or Simmons or Upton.  They will have Dee Gordon, Seager (wow what happened to that guy), King Felix who is the pitching equivalent to Albert as it relates to performance, and who else.  I think they have a guy named Heredia they recently got or did they trade him to get that CFer back.  They also have that left handed pitcher that we had for half a season, they extended him, but his name slips my mind.  They will still have a closer because he smartly acquired that one from the Rays that should be able to step in and close games out with the loss of Diaz.  

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He might end up with a top 5 farm after trading Haniger, and Segura, but no they won’t be a better team faster.  They don’t have a Trout, or Ohtani or Simmons or Upton.  They will have Dee Gordon, Seager (wow what happened to that guy), King Felix who is the pitching equivalent to Albert as it relates to performance, and who else.  I think they have a guy named Heredia they recently got or did they trade him to get that CFer back.  They also have that left handed pitcher that we had for half a season, they extended him, but his name slips my mind.  They will still have a closer because he smartly acquired that one from the Rays that should be able to step in and close games out with the loss of Diaz.  

I hate to point out what should be obvious, but there is no guarantee we will have that core either when we are ready to be relevant if that doesnt happen in the next couple years.  As of today all we know for certain is that Trout and Simmons deals are up in the next couple years, thats our only guaranteed window with them.

I get it, you are 100% convinced there is no way any of these guys leave, i dont know if that some info you are privy to that you cant say or wishful thinking, but i dont understand at all how you can be so dismissive of it as a possibility.  That said i hope you are right and all gladly be wrong when that day comes.

Also as of today, both the Astros and As have better rated farms.  Now potentially the Ms might as well so while we might be top 10-ish we would still be 4th in division. 

I am not 100% convinced they will stay, but I am 100% convinced without Trout and Simmons we still have the best player on either of those two teams and we have him for 5 more years, and that is Ohtani.  He is a better hitter than anyone on the Mariners and a better pitcher than anyone on the Mariners.  I am also convinced that Adell is a better prospect than anyone on the Mariners.  I am also convinced that Canning is as good of pitcher as anyone in the Mariners farm system and that includes Justus that they just got from the Yankees.  Lastly I am much more confident that Eppler knows how to build a team that will have long term success than I will ever be of Dipoto being able to do that.  

Flop you need to find some consistency.  You shit on the future of the team because the farm is an unknown, yet you are now praising the Mariners for possibly “leap frogging” the Angels farm.  You are down on the team so unless they spend money the way you want them to you will continue to be down on them.  

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Kelenic certainly will be....Dunn maybe. Kelenic likely will be toward the backend of most top 100 lists while Dunn either just misses or barely cracks it.

So they pick up 2 guys that are in the top 100, and a fringe top 100 pick and now they some how go from worst to top 5?  Bullshit.  This isn’t an anti Dipoto it is simply logic.  

Just now, Stradling said:

So they pick up 2 guys that are in the top 100, and a fringe top 100 pick and now they some how go from worst to top 5?  Bullshit.  This isn’t an anti Dipoto it is simply logic.  

Agreed they aren't close to top 5 territory and I don't even think they get there assuming they trade both Segura and Haniger. Teams like Toronto, SD, White Sox, Atlanta and especially TB have incredibly deep systems along with far better top-end prospects

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They picked up a guy who is basically what Marsh was going into last year, and a SP that is the same age as Canning, similar build (slight, not that tall) but put up an ERA over 4.00 while one level below him.

But they still have bodies to move and as AO likes to say - JD seems to get paid by the trade.

51 minutes ago, floplag said:

yeah, ok, Buster. 

He tweeted that at 7:02am, which means other teams were telling him that at, what, 6:00am? 

"from other teams" = "I made this shit up"

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am not 100% convinced they will stay, but I am 100% convinced without Trout and Simmons we still have the best player on either of those two teams and we have him for 5 more years, and that is Ohtani.  He is a better hitter than anyone on the Mariners and a better pitcher than anyone on the Mariners.  I am also convinced that Adell is a better prospect than anyone on the Mariners.  I am also convinced that Canning is as good of pitcher as anyone in the Mariners farm system and that includes Justus that they just got from the Yankees.  Lastly I am much more confident that Eppler knows how to build a team that will have long term success than I will ever be of Dipoto being able to do that.  

Flop you need to find some consistency.  You shit on the future of the team because the farm is an unknown, yet you are now praising the Mariners for possibly “leap frogging” the Angels farm.  You are down on the team so unless they spend money the way you want them to you will continue to be down on them.  

If nothing else, the last couple years have proven that have the best player at multiple positions doesnt matter unless you have more cast around them.  Ohtani alone even combined with Adell and Canning being everything you want them to be on your schedule, wont winn any more ballgames than Trout Simmons upton AND Ohtani couldnt without a better surrounding cast.

Ive never shit on the future, only pointed out that it isnt a guarantee, which you damn well know is true.   Ive quoted experts on the matter using actual projections over personal opinion, and using those experts view pointed out that if the farm is the future, and 3 other teams in our division have better ones, who has the better potential future?  

Call me whatever to let yourself dismiss it without consideration, thats one thing youve been extremely consistent about.  

57 minutes ago, floplag said:

Who are the farm first guys you are talking about?  

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

yeah, ok, Buster. 

He tweeted that at 7:02am, which means other teams were telling him that at, what, 6:00am? 

"from other teams" = "I made this shit up"

Time zones are a funny thing. It can be 7 am your time AND A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TIME ON THE EAST COAST! Crazy how that works ;)

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

My point is he’s not an expert on farm systems. He’s a sports writer. 

Uh huh, specifically around MLB, who talks to people that know far more than either of us about this game from the inside.
if your argument here is that i should take your opinion over his, thats not gonna happen till you have his resume and respect in the industry.

If Cano and Diaz are really gone ... it would not surprise me to see Jerry move Segura, Haniger and Leake next .... though I could also see him keeping Haniger. I'd keep Haniger.

Seager .... maybe he rebuilds some value and his gone mid season .... or he'll just continue to suck. 

Felix is fucked, but only signed next season.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My point is he’s not an expert on farm systems. He’s a sports writer. 

To be fair he doesn't need to be in order to quote others... That's really all he's done, and the actual quote was IF they make MORE trades they MIGHT be something something...   It's all speculative....  They aren't there yet and even if they get there,  they would have gutted their MLB team to get there.