• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

scioscia's availability

mr.wichita

It’s also pretty likely that even though he’d like to manage again, he’s made it known that he’s perfectly fine enjoying a year off, or is waiting for the right opportunity. 

If he really wants to continue, I can see him having sort of Dusty Baker-type career. Gets hired by vet teams with a good window of contention, a gap year or two between jobs, etc. 

Wonder if he’ll be courted for a TV position. He doesn’t seem like he’d enjoy the limelight but I imagine he’d do well.

11 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Unless some team currently in the playoffs plans to can their manager, I'm guessing that all of the jobs that will be open already are.

The Mets.... maybe..   

They are looking for a new GM -- apparently there is some sort of struggle between the Wilpons regarding whether to go scouts based or analytics with the next guy.   But some reports have Callaway as a possible casualty of the front office changes in NY.

Personally, I think MS would hold out for the right job .vs jump back into any managerial position.

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

.....Personally, I think MS would hold out for the right job .vs jump back into any managerial position.

Unlike some guys, he has no financial incentive to jump at just any job.....but, flip side is you can wait around and the right job might or might not be out there for him, particularly in this day and time of analytics...

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Unlike some guys, he has no financial incentive to jump at just any job.....but, flip side is you can wait around and the right job might or might not be out there for him, particularly in this day and time of analytics...

Then he simply retires or accepts a job in the front office or a TV gig.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Then he simply retires or accepts a job in the front office or a TV gig.  

Not sure it's quite that simple....we really don't know (yet) what his options will or won't be.....he may just prefer to manage rather than retire or work in a front office or on TV, so he might broaden what "the right" managerial job could be....I am close in age to Scioscia and, without getting all melodramatic, it's tougher than you might think when you're sorting things out about when and how you want to wrap up your working career....a lot of sometimes conflicting notions on what you want to do.....and it's not all about money...

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Not sure it's quite that simple....we really don't know (yet) what his options will or won't be.....he may just prefer to manage rather than retire or work in a front office or on TV, so he might broaden what "the right" managerial job could be....I am close in age to Scioscia and, without getting all melodramatic, it's tougher than you might think when you're sorting things out about when and how you want to wrap up your working career....a lot of sometimes conflicting notions on what you want to do.....and it's not all about money...

Oh I don’t think it will be about money at all for him.  The only way it becomes about money is if he just feels the contract offers aren’t worth the time away from the family.  While you are right, he might broaden what the right job is, that could lead him to taking an analyst job.  We have all heard that he has a great personality and is witty in the clubhouse.  If he really wants to manage that opportunity will present itself to him, it just might not be local.  I would be shocked if he took a job next year as a manager.  

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh I don’t think it will be about money at all for him.  The only way it becomes about money is if he just feels the contract offers aren’t worth the time away from the family.  While you are right, he might broaden what the right job is, that could lead him to taking an analyst job.  We have all heard that he has a great personality and is witty in the clubhouse.  If he really wants to manage that opportunity will present itself to him, it just might not be local.  I would be shocked if he took a job next year as a manager.  

I think that's a big misconception about being at or near retirement age....I love my family but spending 24/7 with them is a scary thought.....?...... I probably shouldn't have admitted that....

8 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I think that's a big misconception about being at or near retirement age....I love my family but spending 24/7 with them is a scary thought.....?...... I probably shouldn't have admitted that....

It’s all good.  They say it is very important to have hobbies going into retirement.