• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

scioscia's availability

mr.wichita

16 hours ago, mr.wichita said:

I seem to remember reading on Angelswin that if Mike Scioscia became available, that he would be picked up in a flash. I haven't seen his name attached to any team looking for a manager yet. Am i missing something?

Can you wait until the WS is over before making dumbshit comments?

it's probably not about the money but it's unlikely that a team would pay him the 6 m he made this year.  In fact, there are only 4 or 5 managers now that make over 2mil per season.  So he'd have to take a pretty drastic pay cut and with the new paradigm, his influence might not be what he'd like it.  

I agree that he'll likely sit out for a bit and eventually end up in the dugout again.  

17 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

It’s no secret that Scioscia still loves the Dodgers 

Of course he would still love the Dodgers.  Basically his entire playing career was there and he won a WS with them.  He loves the Angels too.  Sosh doesn't have to adhere to the baseball fanboy rules that we all do.

2 hours ago, YouthofToday said:

I’d be surprised if he lands another MLB managerial gig. He doesn’t fit the type FOs want to hire now. At all. 

It's going to come back around eventually, but I agree, he doesn't really fit what anyone's looking for as of now. 

I hate mentioning it because it's obvious, but should the Dodgers part with Roberts, the Padres with...Green?, or the Phillies with Kapler while they're still in a window of contention, Sosh seems like a good contender for any of those. 

20 hours ago, totdprods said:

It's going to come back around eventually, but I agree, he doesn't really fit what anyone's looking for as of now. 

I hate mentioning it because it's obvious, but should the Dodgers part with Roberts, the Padres with...Green?, or the Phillies with Kapler while they're still in a window of contention, Sosh seems like a good contender for any of those. 

if the Phillies retain Kapler, he may have to do his managing from prison.

49 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

No one wants Scioscia, he's a fossil. He still thinks it's the 1980's and he's the most predictable manager in baseball.

I can see him managing a team like the Orioles, or any other team that's likely to lose 130 games and wont have many people wanting the job, but that's about it.

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

On 10/22/2018 at 11:09 AM, Blarg said:

Girardi took a year off. Don't hear teams clamoring for him and the Angels never offered an interview. 

Cincinnati and Texas interviewed him this year, but he personally decided to pull himself out of the Cincinnati interviews.  Cincinnati subsequently hired Bell instead on a three year contract.