• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do we turn things around?

Okay, we're 5.5 games out, but it's not too late to turn things around. Do you think we need an act-now mentality or do you think we should wait until we can get the best deals for the club? What moves would you make? Who would you take off the roster? From my end, I think the team isn't too far from being elite, but we need help in the offense and bullpen.

35 minutes ago, Lou said:

1. Get bullpen help NOW.

2. Call up a replacement for Calhoun and let him play every day for a couple of weeks. Calhoun becomes a defensive replacement. 

Do you think only replacing Calhoun improves the offense?

20 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Do you think only replacing Calhoun improves the offense?

that's my "act now" plan. Like it or not, Pujols will be in the lineup every day. Kinsler is 9 for his last 12 with 4 xbh  (+2 BB). 

Do you think replacing Calhoun hurts the offense? 

Seems like it will take an act of Congress to remove Cold Calhoun from the lineup?

Sosh, it’s been TWO months!  Enough!!!!

He’s still a great 8th/9th inning defense sub.   What part of that do you NOT get????

Maybe taking the bat out of his hands even for just two weeks allows him to relax.  And then maybe give him a chance at that point for two weeks????

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seems like it will take an act of Congress to remove Cold Calhoun from the lineup?

Sosh, it’s been TWO months!  Enough!!!!

He’s still a great 8th/9th inning defense sub.   What part of that do you NOT get????

Maybe taking the bat out of his hands even for just two weeks allows him to relax.  And then maybe give him a chance at that point for two weeks????

This part:

Chris Young

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

This part:

Chris Young

Then DFA Young and get Hermosillo up here and give him a chance to start in RF.   We’re not talking permanent starter.   Just give it a few weeks.

I have no idea why Young is still here.   Crappy bat and glove, and it isn’t the money since he’s only owed about $1.25 million as of now.

If it is the money, Arte needs to seriously consider selling the team.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Then DFA Young and get Hermosillo up here and give him a chance to start in RF.   We’re not talking permanent starter.   Just give it a few weeks.

I have no idea why Young is still here.   Crappy bat and glove

Ok.   If I had my way Scioscia would be starting Bryce Harper in RF.   But he keeps running Kole out there.  

2 hours ago, Lou said:

1. Get bullpen help NOW.

2. Call up a replacement for Calhoun and let him play every day for a couple of weeks. Calhoun becomes a defensive replacement. 

I agree with this but nearly the entire bullpen needs an upgrade and that will not happen 

1. Put Calhoun on the DL with some phantom injury and keep him in AZ until he figures out how to hit the ball again.

2. Promote Hermosillo.

3. Cut Chris Young loose.

4. Promote Jabari Blash.

5. Cut Jefry Marte

6. Promote Jose Miguel Fernandez and get him in the lineup immediately.

7. Cut Cam Bedrosian

8. Promote Eduardo Paredes

9. Demote Akeel Morris, promote Felix Pena.

10. Drop Pujols down in the order.

11. Convince Scioscia how to correctly manage bullpen personnel for once in his life.

1 minute ago, JustATroutFan said:

Put Simmons at leadoff, bat Ohtani one spot behind Trout in the batting order on the days when he is available to be in the starting lineup, give Young a couple of a weeks to see if he can hit by giving him consistent playing time, and make Calhoun a defensive replacement. 

Why does Young deserve more opportunity? He’s already shown what is skill level is