• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do we turn things around?

27 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Ironic?

If they count the same in april and may then they have the same impact at the end of the season. Just because personally you don't feel like it does that's still the case. A loss is a loss is a loss no matter how you want to paint it.

Ironic? no, it's a board joke. that's why I included the asterisk at the end- because I knew you wouldn't  get it.

a loss is the same in the standings. when you lose, however, may have an impact on the front office's decision-making process. 

4 hours ago, Torridd said:

Do you think only replacing Calhoun improves the offense?

The offense as a whole isn't as bad as people think, but the black hole in the lineup has been.  So, yeah replacing the sure out would be immensely useful.

Calhoun's OPS+ is 5.... Five....  That's lower than Matt Joyce, Carlos Perez, Danny Espinosa, or any other black hole we have had in recent memory....   Brandon Wood's worst season in Anaheim he put up a OPS+ of 6.

Consider this....  Valbuena, Cozart, Kinsler..... All have positive bWAR figures..... 

Calhoun is on pace for a -3.6 season.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Ironic? no, it's a board joke. that's why I included the asterisk at the end- because I knew you wouldn't  get it.

a loss is the same in the standings. when you lose, however, may have an impact on the front office's decision-making process. 

Oh ok for a second I thought you actually knew how to use punctuation. You asterisk things immediately after the word not the entire paragraph. Sorry i'm not part of the cool kids club, I don't understand your inside jokes.

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Don't know if it's enough, but let's try it and see what happens.

It would be a solid start. 

5 hours ago, Lou said:

1. Get bullpen help NOW.

2. Call up a replacement for Calhoun and let him play every day for a couple of weeks. Calhoun becomes a defensive replacement. 

This is definitely where I'd start as well.

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I’m sure everyone would agree that last year’s starting rotation was a playoff caliber rotation.  Who should start game one of the playoffs Nolasco or Chavez? 

Holy hell, you will find any excuse for poor performances. No team has all star starters, lineup bull pen and closer but somehow teams make the playoffs every year. 8 years, 8 damn years with no playoff wins. Stop finding every reason under the sun for why its not his fault and just accept the fact that its a cultural issue.

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Oh ok for a second I thought you actually knew how to use punctuation. You asterisk things immediately after the word not the entire paragraph. Sorry i'm not part of the cool kids club, I don't understand your inside jokes.

that's because you have stupid ideas rolling around in that dome of yours.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So am I and I see a butthurt know it all that calls people a bitch when he doesn't get his way.

Sorry I use logic. And I’m sorry I can tell the difference between a playoff caliber roster and one that is it. I’m sure if we had another manager that starting rotation that offense and that bullpen would’ve got us to the playoffs regardless of their lack of talent. 

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Sorry I use logic. And I’m sorry I can tell the difference between a playoff caliber roster and one that is it. I’m sure if we had another manager that starting rotation that offense and that bullpen would’ve got us to the playoffs regardless of their lack of talent. 

They lost to the twins in the race. What about that team screams playoff caliber roster to you that the Angels didn't have? That's not logic, what you think is logic is simply your opinion. If it was logical than once in the last 8 years despite new front offices, new players, new coaching staffs would they have been able to win a playoff game. Don't feed me your logic and assume I'm illogical. Results don't lie. No manager has been given such ample opportunity and performed so poorly with a variety of different casts around him.

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

They lost to the twins in the race. What about that team screams playoff caliber roster to you that the Angels didn't have? That's not logic, what you think is logic is simply your opinion. If it was logical than once in the last 8 years despite new front offices, new players, new coaching staffs would they have been able to win a playoff game. Don't feed me your logic and assume I'm illogical. Results don't lie. No manager has been given such ample opportunity and performed so poorly with a variety of different casts around him.

We had three bats last year that were above league average (Simmons, Trout, Upton).and one we had him for one month.  As you point out games in April mean the same as games in September, so for five months we had only 2 above average offensive players.  We had two above average starting pitchers and one of those was JC Ramirez.  That is the logic I use regarding playoff rosters.  Your logic is another manager would have made them better.   I’ll continue to have my opinion and you’ll continue to have yours.   

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

We had three bats last year that were above league average (Simmons, Trout, Upton).and one we had him for one month.  As you point out games in April mean the same as games in September, so for five months we had only 2 above average offensive players.  We had two above average starting pitchers and one of those was JC Ramirez.  That is the logic I use regarding playoff rosters.  Your logic is another manager would have made them better.   I’ll continue to have my opinion and you’ll continue to have yours.   

Yes and I don't constantly bash you for yours, unlike you who feels the need to hammer people who have differing opinions.

That's not logic, that's my opinion, however my opinion is based on a complete and utter lack of results year after year. 1 year sure, 2 years maybe, 8 years no way. Cut bait and find a new voice and direction because clearly something isn't working. Would your company give any employee 8 years to figure it out? Would you as another employee be good if you did your part but some guy was strung along bringing the whole ship down? You clearly have a personal connection to him and that's fine, but Scioscia isn't the Angels.

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Yes and I don't constantly bash you for yours, unlike you who feels the need to hammer people who have differing opinions.

That's not logic, that's my opinion, however my opinion is based on a complete and utter lack of results year after year. 1 year sure, 2 years maybe, 8 years no way. Cut bait and find a new voice and direction because clearly something isn't working. Would your company give any employee 8 years to figure it out? Would you as another employee be good if you did your part but some guy was strung along bringing the whole ship down? You clearly have a personal connection to him and that's fine, but Scioscia isn't the Angels.

you would never have survived the first 19 years or the interval between '86 and '02.