• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Much Longer Until Something Is Done About Calhoun?

On 4/26/2018 at 10:33 AM, floplag said:

The shift thing is what kills me... swallow the pride, take the free base, make them stop doing it.  
Why any player continues to hit into it is just mind boggling to me. 
Especially from a lefty, drag bunt / slap hit that shit up the 3B line and jog to 1st.  

There should be a bunt sign from the third base coach every Calhoun plate appearence and it doesn't come off with two strikes. 

How much longer is Scioscia going to put up with this absolute putrid garbage!!!!!????

Name one other MLB regular in recent years who had just a .406 OPS after some 110 at bats????

Half of NL pitchers could probably do better!

The hitting version of Rick Ankiel, totally lost ability to hit in a short time!!!!

Remember when we all questioned as to why Calhoun took the guaranteed 3 year offer for 25 mil to buy out his 3 remaining years of arbitration, instead of going to arbitration every year, this is probably why.  1st year of the contract why fine, but this season yeesh.  I thought this was small sample size, but man he looks lost at times up there.  Send him down before it's too late.

I'm gonna send him some positive mojo.  A couple called strikes tonight were out of the zone and put him behind in the count.  There have been quite a few of those during this bad streak.  Not saying it's all bad luck, but there has been a fair amount.  Every hard hit ball is caught or he's just barely missing.  

I think he's close to getting back on track.  

8 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, something has been done about Calhoun. He's hitting eighth. If he wasn't so good defensively, he'd probably be on the bench.

Thats the question. Not sure who to start over him (young i guess). Whoever it is, will the boost in offense be enough to replace the glove? Not defending calhoun, but his glove is pretty phenom out there. 

27 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

It's funny that if I associate who is responsible for fixing this, then I'm a troll but if you constantly blame the player you're insightful? Don't blame the dog who chews the couch, blame the owner who's responsible for controlling the behavior. 

I agree you should probably start blaming Eppler a bit more.   He ultimately decides if Calhoun gets sent down or someone gets called up.  Because right now the other option on the team has the same batting average, a worse glove and less of a track record.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

I agree you should probably start blaming Eppler a bit more.   He ultimately decides if Calhoun gets sent down or someone gets called up.  Because right now the other option on the team has the same batting average, a worse glove and less of a track record.  

I'm not saying eppler isn't to blame for not sending him down. In the moment though eppler has nothing to do with it. Scioscia has the power in the game. It's his job to remove him. What else is there to manage? He's not a PR rep, he's there to manage the lineup and game 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm not saying eppler isn't to blame for not sending him down. In the moment though eppler has nothing to do with it. Scioscia has the power in the game. It's his job to remove him. What else is there to manage? He's not a PR rep, he's there to manage the lineup and game 

Ok and the guy who can replace him that plays a passable RF is hitting 20 points lower than he is.  

14 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Ok and the guy who can replace him that plays a passable RF is hitting 20 points lower than he is.  

You crack me up strad. You are the epitome of an online troll. You have nothing to actually say, you just question other people's opinions and pass off your insight as superior. Get a new hobby bud. You're really bad at this one