• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Much Longer Until Something Is Done About Calhoun?

I like Calhoun and really hope he turns it around, but he just looks horrible at the plate right now.  He is currently batting .188 and how much longer can the Angels keep putting him in the line-up?  I realize he gives the Angels a left handed bat, but does that left handed bat matter if it is not hitting?  I'm rooting for him to succeed, but I cringe every time he goes to bat now.

What do you guys think?

The interesting aspect to this is that we have an OF in Salt Lake who is supposedly just killing the ball.  I wonder if and when there would be any pressure to bring him up to try at LF?  I'm not saying we should, just asking the question. 

I imagine sooner or later one of our hot OF bats will become our 4th outfielder, and then we will slowly see more and more times when he starts instead of Calhoun - assuming Calhoun doesn't pull it together. This team has seemed to have a very active bench this year - that makes it fairly easy to take playing time away from players, if that's what we want.

13 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

They are giving him 1st base, and he refuses to take it.

I agree with you 100% on this.  Kole should be bunting almost every time a defense plays the shift on him.  Especially with his above average speed and the fact he is struggling so much.  I honestly don't understand why hitters don't do this more often with the shift.