• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Much Longer Until Something Is Done About Calhoun?

3 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I admittedly said I don't know if he can be sent down, so I never actually said send him down. I do know that he can be sat on the bench. As to your second point, I don't actually question peoples opinions. I give my own. I don't copy paste statistics to prove my ambiguous assumptions. I literally just say what I see and give my opinion as to that. So again, your need to call me out for doing nothing more than what a message board was designed to allow is pretty bush league. Keep on keepin on buddy.

Stop whining about being called out...   Being a message board expert that seemingly wants to dictate proper message board behavior you should be aware that voicing an opinion can have some nasty results.  We all catch shit for our opinions and two years from now Lou will find a post of yours that makes everyone laugh.  The circle of AW.com life.

BTW...  cut and pasting stats is what some people do to support their opinions as opposed to being that message board edge-lord that spouts off and clings to his opinions because GDI, he's an American hero who is unafraid to be wrong because GDI, he is a free thinker.   Mixing some facts in with opinions is a good thing, sometimes it even makes it harder to be "called out".

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

This makes total sense to me. In general i'm not sure what CY is giving that Blash couldn't give you. That move seems very obvious to me.

The ability to play CF.   

Prior to one game this year you have to go back 6 years to find any season where Blash has played CF and in 2012 it was only 8 games.  He's played a total of 179 innings in CF as a pro..    

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

It's strange Calhoun would be this bad. Any theories?

He was always a max effort guy and he's always been streaky.   When push comes to shove the physical tools only go so far, his margin for error was always a lot smaller than that of a more physically talented player.... right now pitchers own him and he lacks the brute force/natural ability to shove past it.   He had two sub .575 OPS months last year too -- so, we have seen him be bad before but we have never seen him post a walk rate under 3% and a K rate near 30%.   This is a new level of awful for him.   Can't really argue that he's just been unlucky as the numbers don't really support that at this point.

Hopefully it clicks for him sooner rather than later, but I do wish he had succumbed to a phantom injury and a rehab assignment in AAA.

Edited by Inside Pitch

30 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I think he's pressing and that's leading to extremely poor numbers, but I think you're right in that even when he's right, he's probably no better than a 240/250 hitter.

Since the second game of the season?

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Since the second game of the season?

No. I think he slumped to start the season and at this point he's so wrapped up in coming out of the slump that its becoming a mental block. He needs to honestly go mash on some AAA pitching to get his confidence back and see positive results from actual gameplay not just batting practice. That would be better than being on the bench as he needs the reps to get out of the funk. The problem is he shouldn't be working on that on the major league roster.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

How come pitchers didn't make these adjustments until now?     This is Cold's 6th MLB season.

It's part mental, and part stubborn Cold not at least trying to hit or bunt the ball the other freaking way.   

Pitchers made these adjustments midway through the 2016 season probably. That's when he started hitting .230. It continued on into June of last year, when Kole finally made the adjustments.

Then something totally unexpected happened. Pitchers adjusted.....AGAIN!

Then Kole sucked again. He picked it up again in August before pitchers adjusted again and Kole struggled.

Basically, Kole has been completely unable to find any sort of rhythm at the plate since 2014. 

Fourfreakin' years ago.

In 2015, on a month by month basis he hit .315, .252, .234, .320, .205, .237. 

One or two good months separated by months of not hitting.

2016: .267, .324, .269, .244, .224, .296. 

Again, bouncing all over the place in production.

2017: .255, .158, .324, .169, .300, .245.

2018: .168.

Even when Kole is having a good month, he is not a hitter that can be trusted. You never know when he'll lose it and be useless for months at a time.

39 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Yes I like to argue with guys who shit on the team relentlessly.  

I don't shit on the team. I complain about a single person. The guy in charge. The team is comprised of players whether good or bad and they will be good or bad on a night to night basis. Its one guys job to get the most out of those every single game. I don't think the guy in charge is capable of doing that through 9 innings. So again, if you don't like what I have to say, nobody makes you respond to me. That's your choice not mine.

11 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Basically, Kole has been completely unable to find any sort of rhythm at the plate since 2014. 

Fourfreakin' years ago.

In 2015, on a month by month basis he hit .315, .252, .234, .320, .205, .237. 

One or two good months separated by months of not hitting.

2016: .267, .324, .269, .244, .224, .296. 

Again, bouncing all over the place in production.

2017: .255, .158, .324, .169, .300, .245.

2018: .168.

Even when Kole is having a good month, he is not a hitter that can be trusted. You never know when he'll lose it and be useless for months at a time.

When you posted those stats, I thought they were Cron’s.