• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Much Longer Until Something Is Done About Calhoun?

25 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

The interesting aspect to this is that we have an OF in Salt Lake who is supposedly just killing the ball.  I wonder if and when there would be any pressure to bring him up to try at LF?  I'm not saying we should, just asking the question. 

Blash is tearing it up in AAA Salt Lake. 

On the other hand, in 99 major-league games he's sporting a .659 OPS. So that's cautionary.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

The interesting aspect to this is that we have an OF in Salt Lake who is supposedly just killing the ball.  I wonder if and when there would be any pressure to bring him up to try at LF?  I'm not saying we should, just asking the question. 

Yes we sign Upton for 20 million a year and then bench for a AAA guy.  You think Eppler trying to get fired?

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

So what is the case with Kole?

A couple of weeks ago Trout was struggling but everyone knew it just a matter of time before opposing pitchers would pay the price. Kole is no Trout, but he is way better than what he is producing now, so sooner or later opposing pitchers are going to pay.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I agree with you 100% on this.  Kole should be bunting almost every time a defense plays the shift on him.  Especially with his above average speed and the fact he is struggling so much.  I honestly don't understand why hitters don't do this more often with the shift.

Successfuly Laying down a bunt isn't guaranteed, especially if there is little history of practicing.

13 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

A couple of weeks ago Trout was struggling but everyone knew it just a matter of time before opposing pitchers would pay the price. Kole is no Trout, but he is way better than what he is producing now, so sooner or later opposing pitchers are going to pay.

Trout and Calhoun are not even on the same planet. He's actually not proven to be better than what he is now. In fact if he proves to be anything other than he is now than that would be an outlier.

5 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Successfuly Laying down a bunt isn't guaranteed, especially if there is little history of practicing.

He doesn't even have to bunt, he just has to stop trying to pull the outside pitch. Step toward the dish and stay on your back foot....surprise the ball goes the other way. He's opening his hips way way way too quickly and far too often. He's literally rolling over on every pitch, assuming he's even making contact.

1 hour ago, Tyler said:

That extension was such a gift. I think I was only one who was opposed to it. 

it's still not a bad contract. 

Really if all he does is repeat his 2.1 WAR the next couple years they end up getting their money's worth, at least from the perspective of WAR and the perceived value (cost) of the a win.

At worst it's a contract they should be able to flip due to his defensive value.

11 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I said he's no Trout but he's better than what he is putting up now. didn't I?

That's like comparing apples to a bag of rubberbands. Not only are they different they are miles apart. Trout has at no point in his career been as bad or struggled the way Calhoun has.

9 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

That's like comparing apples to a bag of rubberbands. Not only are they different they are miles apart. Trout has at no point in his career been as bad or struggled the way Calhoun has.

I'm comparing Calhoun to his career stats, which are way better than his early results this year. Trout was just an example of judging someone on small sample sizes.

14 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Trout has at no point in his career been as bad or struggled the way Calhoun has

August 2015 .218 .352 .337 .689  Trout struggled for him that as bad as Calhoun is now.