• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One Writer Predicts Scioscia Wont Last The Season

Homebrewer

5 hours ago, Throwman91 said:

Scioscia is on the hottest of the hot seats in MLB, IMO how he handles Ohtani and how he performs will likely determine Scioscia's future, even if we make the playoffs.

The way that a manager with 18 years in his current position handles a situation for which there is no precedent could lead to him getting canned in the last year of his contract. Got it.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

“Common knowledge”

"Common Knowledge" - it's a book written by self educated people that proposes theories on various subjects based on no facts, logic, or scientific reasoning of any sort.  One of the most quoted chapters is entitled "Why the Earth is Flat".  My favorite chapter is about how the sun revolves around the earth, when it's under us it's dark, and when it's above us it's daylight.  I think there is also a baseball chapter that discusses overweight Italian managers and their eating habits.

The reviews on the book are good by everyone who has read it.  Most people have the "common sense" not to read it.  That infuriates to anger those that have read it and subscribe to it, so they lash out at those who don't read it. 

3 hours ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

If Scioscia took a week off. If He only had another wedding  or graduation to attend or a funeral to attend. 

Yep, if he would have taken a week off Trout wouldn’t have gotten hurt, Espinosa wouldn’t have sucked, Cron wouldn’t have sucked, Valbuena wouldn’t have sucked, Albert wouldn’t have sucked, the staff would have been injury free and the offense would have put up a shitty ops+ this entire year.  Stupid Sosh. 

I have been vocal about the fact that i feel at times he has lost intensity and drive, and there have been times i thought a new voice was needed, but hes also done well with marginal rosters or at least been competitive.  In the end barring a complete and utter collapse from day 1 there is almost zero chance this happens. 

Now do i think he is retained beyond this season, well i suspect that depends largely on things we dont know, but i think likely not barring a complete and total victory and parade

The Angels situation with Mike Scoiscia is pretty unique.  I doubt any typical thought applies here. 

And everyone who hasn’t listened to that podcast with Eppler a few threads down really ought to.  It sounds like a great situation between the GM and the manager. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Mike S stays all 2018.

if Halos don't make playoffs after all their off-season moves, it could be Scioscia's final season.

Didn't Halos hire Ausmus as a special assistant to the owner/ GM for 2018 - he could be the 2019 manager in waiting.

if Halos make 2018 playoffs and have a decent playoff run -- advance past first round at least -- then Scioscia probably stays and walks away after 2019.

7 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

Give me one good reason why Scioscia should continue managing next season if they start the season under.500 in the first month? 

Mike's influence on the direction of this team is not the same as it was 4-5 years ago.  He's truly a manager now and his influence is restricted to that.   

If they do as you stated, it's likely because someone got injured or the players Billy has picked are underperforming.  

Mike being obstructive to the direction of this team would get him fired.  There is a very slim chance that will be the case.  Way bigger chance he gets extended than fired mid season.  

25 minutes ago, Throwman91 said:

Give me one good reason why Scioscia should continue managing next season if they start the season under.500 in the first month? 

and also because there is mutual respect and maturity.  This isn't fantasy.  

Give me an instance when a major league manager was fired in May.  Ever.