• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One Writer Predicts Scioscia Wont Last The Season

Homebrewer

Ian wrote for The Outside Corner when I did.  He and another guy absolutely HATED the Angels in the email conversations. 

I remember him arguing that Jason Heyward was better than Mike Trout after Trout's rookie year, and then predicting he'd be a one hit wonder.

I never knew what developed his strong distaste for the Angels, but he's had it for five years at least.

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Ian wrote for The Outside Corner when I did.  He and another guy absolutely HATED the Angels in the email conversations. 

I remember him arguing that Jason Heyward was better than Mike Trout after Trout's rookie year, and then predicting he'd be a one hit wonder.

I never knew what developed his strong distaste for the Angels, but he's had it for five years at least.

Tigers fan probably.

And by probably I mean incontrovertibly.

For an owner who doesn't like distractions, I can't believe Arte's going to let this go into the season. After the initial stages of Ohtanimania wear off, this will be a huge distraction for the rest of the season. Sosh will be asked about this daily by every out of town reporter. Players will be asked about it as well. This need to be resolved in some manner before the season starts. There's only 2 other managers in the modern era that I can think of who managed only one team in their career and were there as long. Walter Alston who retired and Tommy Lasorda who had serious health issues when he retired. So, basically this is an unprecedented situation in that Scioscia has so far never expressed any desire to retire or move upstairs and doesn't seem to have any serious health issues.

13 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

For an owner who doesn't like distractions, I can't believe Arte's going to let this go into the season. After the initial stages of Ohtanimania wear off, this will be a huge distraction for the rest of the season. Sosh will be asked about this daily by every out of town reporter. Players will be asked about it as well. 

Highly doubtful. 

2 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Players love Sosh ... Upton loves playing for him and was a big part of Kinsler coming here. 

Better chance of Sosh getting a extension than being fired. 

If you don’t believe me then do your own research. 

Completely agree.  My gut says this will be his last season win or lose.

2 minutes ago, ANAHEIMBOB said:

I'm Scioscia's biggest  critic,  Arte has a hard on for Scioscia, only way Scioscia gets fired. The Angels would have to have a  horrible April. Even if the Angels were 20 games under .500 Scioscia fans would think he is manager of year, go figure.

Even if he wins manager of the year or if they win the WS you’ll think he’s dog shit.  Remember you’re still mad about a decision he made in the 2002 WS.  

Throwman what the hell are you trying to prove? 

It's Scioscia's last contract year, they are not firing him. They may even decide he's the best manager for the team Eppler is building and extend his contract, that's Eppler's decision and not yours. Just as not offering him a new one comes from the same front office chair. 

So until something actually happens your just another angry dude that thinks the world thinks the way you do and wants to fight everyone over it.