• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

Good thread.

I agree that Pujols probably isn't going anywhere. He's still a fan favorite, especially now that he's chasing the records set by the legends of the game. As far as I can tell he's still loved by his teammates. He's actually one of the few reasons people might have to put the family in the car and drive to Angel Stadium.

Somebody said they would rather see Cron. I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Good thread.

I agree that Pujols probably isn't going anywhere. He's still a fan favorite, especially now that he's chasing the records set by the legends of the game. As far as I can tell he's still loved by his teammates. He's actually one of the few reasons people might have to put the family in the car and drive to Angel Stadium.

Somebody said they would rather see Cron. I don't think so.

The average fan has no idea who Cron is, but they've all heard of Albert.  We here are a little more in tune with how a player is performing, even if we disagree on how to judge that performance.  

21 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think his breaking point will come in 2.5 more seasons.   By then, he will have passed Mays for 5th on the HR list.   By then, 2 years and $59 million is left on the contract.   They could then Bonilla it over say 7 years to help encourage him to retire.

no, just no. however, it isn't my money and if doing so doesn't count against the cap then it's something to think about.

paying extra interest on top of a bad contract is just bad business.

16 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Come on guys, it's only 4 more years.  Better than 5.  I'm doing whatever I can to see the positive.

missed this thread but jesus didn't realize his WAR was that bad.  the hamilton contract was only 5 years, and it has been absolute torture watching that money slowly smolder away for fuck all in return, now we get to do it all over again.  actually it's worse because Pujol's net contribution over the year will be less than just benching him (according to WAR at least, not saying we have better options).  lucky for arte he is a star and does help put butts in the seats. 

jokermoneyburn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

25/122 in his last 31 games.  .205/.244/.303 for a .548 ops

the most striking things about that line is the utter lack of power as well as the fact that he's got a 7/23 bb/k rate during that time.  

I get the 'no other options' argument, but we are moving toward replacement level value being a better choice.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

25/122 in his last 31 games.  .205/.244/.303 for a .548 ops

the most striking things about that line is the utter lack of power as well as the fact that he's got a 7/23 bb/k rate during that time.  

I get the 'no other options' argument, but we are moving toward replacement level value being a better choice.  

But RBI!

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know Valbuena, Marte, and Cron haven't been very good, but maybe it's time for Albert to hit the DL and give some time to the others 

There isn't much point in playing him... especially every day. If he can't get healthy on the DL, or produce at his healthiest then the team just needs to move on.

It's too early to completely cut bait with him, but playing him is only making things worse.