• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

Are we not allowed to point this out because it would make Calzone too happy?  

Good lord.  He's been just terrible.  

-1.0 WAR.  worst in the AL and 2nd worst in the majors.  He's got 270 plate appearances now for the season.  the highest K rate of his career.  The lowest bb rate.  

I know we don't want to feed the animals, but he's been just so awful.  Normally it was 'ok fine, he's not a #4 hitter, but who else would we put there'

Now,  He's literally unwatchable.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

Are we not allowed to point this out because it would make Calzone too happy?  

Good lord.  He's been just terrible.  

-1.0 WAR.  worst in the AL and 2nd worst in the majors.  He's got 270 plate appearances now for the season.  the highest K rate of his career.  The lowest bb rate.  

I know we don't want to feed the animals, but he's been just so awful.  Normally it was 'ok fine, he's not a #4 hitter, but who else would we put there'

He's literally unwatchable.  

Thanks for pointing that out.           :3705709385:

Yep. Doesn't provide anything defensively and obviously can't run the bases either. This is who he's going to be until the end of the contract/he retires, though. His legs are shot and his approach gets worse and worse each year trying to compensate for it. At this point we'd be better off with Cron at first, Escobar at DH, and Cowart at 3rd

I was mentioning in the gameday thread how sick I was of watching him, and how I hoped I wasn't going full Claude.

He's awful, and he's not gonna stop being awful. He may finish the year hitting below .200 with an OBP below .250.

Perfect, you posted a thread about Pujols struggling. Most likely, he will see this and start to hit again. But anyways, yeah, this is getting sad. Pujols has usually started off slowly with the Angels in like every year except 2014 but he would heat up as the season goes on. But this year, we are into June and he still is not hitting anything.

And to the Pujols supporters, don't use RBIs to prove to people that he is having a good year. His slash line is horrible. Great days as a player has been over for quite some time now. And it looks like he might finish his career with a career batting average under .300. Years ago, I thought that would never happen.

4 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

And don't use RBIs to prove to people that he is having a good year. His slash line is horrible. Great days as a player has been over for quite some time now. And it looks like he might finish his career with a career batting average under .300. Years ago, I thought that would never happen.

He's also closing in on the all time MLB lead in GIDP's. 

2 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

And don't use RBIs to prove to people that he is having a good year. His slash line is horrible. Great days as a player has been over for quite some time now. And it looks like he might finish his career with a career batting average under .300. Years ago, I thought that would never happen.

4 RBI's in his last 12 games. 8 in his last 16 and that's including a grand slam. So even that argument doesn't work. He's literally doing nothing right now. I hope he mans up and retires, but he won't leave that much money on the table.

He should have ridden Lackey off into the sunset after #600.

5 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Why can't you use RBI's? That's a big part of batting fourth. 

I like to combine rbis and runs scored as gage for a player offensively. I leave all the fluff stats to the kids. You'll find more often than not the cream rises to the top.

He's currently at 66 

He should be around 86. Only 20 runs scored isn't getting it done. 

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Why can't you use RBI's? That's a big part of batting fourth. 

I like to combine rbis and runs scored as gage for a player offensively. I leave all the fluff stats to the kids. You'll find more often than not the cream rises to the top.

He's currently at 66 

He should be around 86. Only 20 runs scored isn't getting it done. 

I like RBIs as well but I still don't use it as a measuring stick to prove whether someone is having a good year or not. He has been clutch, I'll give you that. However, a lot of RBIs does not always mean that a player is having a good year.

10 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I like RBIs as well but I still don't use it as a measuring stick to prove whether someone is having a good year or not. He has been clutch, I'll give you that. However, a lot of RBIs does not always mean that a player is having a good year.

Tell that to the players. If said player isn't driving in or scoring runs ... then I can give a shit what his slash line is. 

Trout's was at 223 last season ... which is excellent!

Don't let these yoyos around here tell you that rbis and runs don't matter. Scoring is all that matters. 

Harper was at 170 in comparison 

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Tell that to the players. If said player isn't driving in or scoring runs ... then I can give a shit what his slash line is. 

Trout's was at 223 last season ... which is excellent!

Don't let these yoyos around here tell you that rbis and runs don't matter. Scoring is all that matters. 

No one said RBIs and runs don't matter. But it is not the best way to judge someone if they had a good season or not.

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

4 RBI's in his last 12 games. 8 in his last 16 and that's including a grand slam. So even that argument doesn't work. He's literally doing nothing right now. I hope he mans up and retires, but he won't leave that much money on the table.

I'm sure he sleeps very well on his luxury mattress.

im-13.jpg

5 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

No one said RBIs and runs don't matter. But it is not the best way to judge someone if they had a good season or not.

There's more than one way to skin a cat. The best players produce RBI's or Runs. That's what makes Trout who he is ... try it out on your favorite players. 

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

There's more than one way to skin a cat. The best players produce RBI's or Runs. That's what makes Trout who he is ... try it out on your favorite players. 

The best players also have the best advanced metrics. Funny how that works. 

54 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

This is brilliant. We have had plenty of Lackey jokes on here, but this one is refreshingly original. (I am assuming he actually hit number 600 off Lackey)