• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

7 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Your premise that Pujols "can no longer play the game" isn't true, as far as the Angels and Pujols are concerned. They have made that clear. 

So I, as a reporter, am somehow supposed to change their minds?

It doesn't matter what my opinion is.

This is one of the reasons why I respect you as a reporter. Your job is to cover the story, not to be the story. People who don't get that have no business giving advice to those who do. 

6 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I had a whole career in sports communications in my twenties and spent plenty of time talking to future hall of gamers fave to face.  The main reason I left the business was money.  But one thing I learned that really disappointed me was the number of people in that business that were intimidated by the players or that very much seemed to care more about being accepted by the players than asking the hard question.

There was always that guy in the room or more than one.  It was pretty lame.

Yep I just spoke to my brother-in-law today who is a long time reporter for channel 2/9 but was assigned to local sports years ago. He shared with me that there are some unwritten rules that you don't violate with certain athletes if you want to keep your press credentials. You have to be tactful or you'll lose access. Life in the media world can be dog eat dog and nobody has your back, you just have to stay focused and do your job. Pretty sure you already knew that. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

speaking of re-working, i always have this thought of someone replicating the bobby bonilla scenario......

That dude's agent should go directly into the HOF...    Talk about getting over...   I love that there is such a thing as Bobby Bonilla day in MLB.  FWIW -- Arod worked a similar deal when he left Texas, I forget the details but he's going to be collecting money from them again soon as part of a deferral.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That dude's agent should go directly into the HOF...    Talk about getting over...   I love that there is such a thing as Bobby Bonilla day in MLB.  FWIW -- Arod worked a similar deal when he left Texas, I forget the details but he's going to be collecting money from them again soon as part of a deferral.

Interesting ... but can you deferred money against the lux tax cap?

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

That dude's agent should go directly into the HOF...    Talk about getting over...   I love that there is such a thing as Bobby Bonilla day in MLB.

there's been dudes able to pull one over (carl pavano) or get multiple max contracts in a career, but this is the greatest heist ever in all of sports.

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Then how about we get somebody in the off-season for once who can compete for the job.

Or is Pujols allowed to have competition for playing time?

Totally agree. The pitching is the primary need, but ive been wanting a bat the last two years. 

And we havent gotten either.

My hope is they are penny pinching to lock trout up and spend big again in the next 3 years....i know rhat sounds boring to some, but if the team got back to good in that time frame i wont care about 2016 or 17