• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

So you want them to bench him and play who instead?

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Just ask him when he's retiring. We don't need your smart ass remarks.

It is a logical question hangin. It does make me sad that there aren't better options at this point.

16 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Bad form hangin, Jeff answered the question.

It wasn't a "smart ass remark", Jeff's answer is the reality of  the situation because the Angels don't have a replacement for DH/1B if they were to bench/dump Albert. Maybe you'd like to see Valbuena DH for the rest of the season? 

:ZWx7k_f-maxage-0_s-200x150:

11 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

Bad form hangin, Jeff answered the question.

It wasn't a "smart ass remark", Jeff's answer is the reality of  the situation because the Angels don't have a replacement for DH/1B if they were to bench/dump Albert. Maybe you'd like to see Valbuena DH for the rest of the season? 

This is a total copout. Nobody expects Pujols to announce his retirement tomorrow or for the Angels to bench him.

The elephant in the room is what is the plan?  Asking about next season and if Pujols has considered retiring after next season is a no brainer, unless you are afraid to ask the question.

What honest fan does not see the decline?  What honest fan is not interested in his retirement plan?  The answer is there are no honest fans not interested in getting an indication.

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is a total copout. Nobody expects Pujols to announce his retirement tomorrow or for the Angels to bench him.

The elephant in the room is what is the plan?  Asking about next season and if Pujols has considered retiring after next season is a no brainer, unless you are afraid to ask the question.

What honest fan does not see the decline?  What honest fan is not interested in his retirement plan?  The answer is there are no honest fans not interested in getting an indication.

It's a ridiculous question if you have ever spoken to Pujols. You know the answer. 

He still believes he can be productive. Not MVP productive, but still very productive. 

He has said that. The Angels have said that. His teammates have said that. 

It's obvious that Albert is off to a bad start thus far but as long as he believes he can produce he'll keep playing.

People that think Albert should retire at the end of this year and leave all that money on the table are dreaming.

Face it, it was a bad contract and unfortunately the Angels are just going to have to live with it.

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It's a ridiculous question if you have ever spoken to Pujols. You know the answer. 

He still believes he can be productive. Not MVP productive, but still very productive. 

OK Jeff.  So just wait and never ask.  Suit yourself.  Wait forever until he brings it up.  Good plan.  That sounds nice and safe, and maybe he will so appreciate you that you guys will be buddies, right?

Give me a break on not asking a question because you know the answer.  98% of the questions you guys DO ask fall into that category.

Its not where I thought this conversation was originally going, but maybe you just don't have the nads.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I'm sure they all believe that they can contribute. Hell, I don't want to see players on the team that don't have that attitude. I'm sure Weaver felt that way after the 2016 season. At some point I think it will be the Angels that make that decision for him.

34 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Why should we the fan have a right to that plan?  Also it's not a cop out and if he doesn't ask the question it doesn't mean he's afraid to ask it.  It's bullshit to imply he's afraid to ask a question like that.  

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

OK Jeff.  So just wait and never ask.  Suit yourself.  Wait forever until he brings it up.  Good plan.  That sounds nice and safe, and maybe he will so appreciate you that you guys will be buddies, right?

Give me a break on not asking a question because you know the answer.  98% of the questions you guys DO ask fall into that category.

Its not where I thought this conversation was originally going, but maybe you just don't have the nads.

I'm just saying that June 2017 is not the time to ask if he's thinking of retiring after October 2018. 

That is a long way from now. 

Its pretty unusual for anyone to say he's thinking of retiring at the end of the current season....

much less the end of a subsequent season...

much less the end of a subsequent season when he'll still have 3 more left on his contract. 

It's a ridiculous question. 

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ok asshole, knock the shit off.  He answered your dumb fucking question with a logical response.  Does Jeff go to your job and tell you how to do it?  

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Stop being a dick.  

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

When he signed his ten year deal I said a hundred times that I didn't honestly believe that the Angels thought he would be a productive player for ten years.  I said they likely thought he would be productive for 6 or 7 years, but that they structures the deal as a 10 year contract really more as spreading out the cost.

I really hope the Angels and Albert are disciplined to make some good decisions.  Albert would hit 3000 hits next season.  They should announce that 2018 will be his farewell tour.  Albert hurts his legacy if he lingers through age 42 with pathetic numbers.  I THINK he is too smart for that.  He has over 600 hr now and getting 3000 hits is a plus for his legacy.

I hope I am proven right from the beginning and they announce 2018 as the last chapter.

He and Scioscia could ride off into the sunset together.

That is, unless Mike gets another ten-year extension.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok asshole, knock the shit off.  He answered your dumb fucking question with a logical response.  Does Jeff go to your job and tell you how to do it?  

Oh please dude.  Jeff is in a business that carries accountability to his CUSTOMERS.  I doubt he is actually personally offended with a fan having a reasonable opinion that a huge subject at the center of an organization's plans going forward be directly prodded and addressed rather than passively ignoring it.  He's probably a big boy.

No it is not out of line to start asking direct questions to Pujols about when he will choose to retire.  It's not.

You might ask 100 times in a row until he answers, just like people asked potential presidential candidates if they are running or not for literally years until they finally answer.

If you don't care when Pujols retires, cool.

I care and want to know.  As soon as possible.  Wanting dude to ask isnt.put of line.  You are wrong.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Oh please dude.  Jeff is in a business that carries accountability to his CUSTOMERS.  I doubt he is actually personally offended with a fan having a reasonable opinion that a huge subject at the center of an organization's plans going forward be directly prodded and addressed rather than passively ignoring it.  He's probably a big boy.

No it is not out of line to start asking direct questions to Pujols about when he will choose to retire.  It's not.

You might ask 100 times in a row until he answers, just like people asked potential presidential candidates if they are running or not for literally years until they finally answer.

If you don't care when Pujols retires, cool.

I care and want to know.  As soon as possible.  Wanting dude to ask isnt.put of line.  You are wrong.

To be fair you did make a reference to his nads though. Those things are a bit personal 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

So you want them to bench him and play who instead?

Hi, @Jeff Fletcher it's not about this season, it is moving forward with a guy that can no longer play the game. I get they have almost no one as a replacement player this season, or at least in a somewhat lost season there is no reason to rock the boat with a showdown with Pujols. 

But realistically they cannot pursue a pennant with Albert in the lineup, batting fourth, unable to run, unable to draw walks unable to hit for average. When is this conversation going to take place and why haven't the local writers addressed this? 

Is Pujols a subject that can't be held to the same scrutiny as other underperforming players on any other MLB roster? As someone pointed out before, Albert would be drawn and quartered by the east coast press at this stage of his career if he is playing on their teams. Here he seems to escape any questions about finally calling it a career. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2017/06/04/albert-pujols-600-home-runs-future-home-run-record/102490006/

If you read this story, you won't have any questions about his plans, circa June 2017.

If a couple terrible months go by, or if he gets hurt, then it's worth asking again. 

Not now. 

We know the answer now.