• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

On 6/17/2017 at 11:37 AM, fan_since79 said:

Babe Ruth knew it was time to retire when he basically lost it in the Spring of 1935. He was 40 years old. Up to then he had been very productive, putting up a .985 OPS in his age-39 season.

He walked off the field after the first inning on May 30, 1935 and retired, giving up three years of guaranteed pay.

I wonder if he would have done that had his salary been the equivalent of $30M per season in today's money.

What is most worrisome about Pujols is that he usually heats up by now - often in May or certainly by June. I wonder if this is simply the new norm, which means he really shouldn't be a regular.

I can't help but wonder when major league GMs are going to start realizing that mega-contracts for 30-something big, fat first basemen are not good ideas (Pujols, Howard, Fielder, soon Cabrera).

29 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I've held back saying anything negative about Pujols since he signed with the team. When Trout returns he needs to be moved down in the lineup. 

IMG_2391.JPG

That will NEVER happen while Scioscia is the manager. He will sit him on the bench before moving down in the order