• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

I guess he told management they were uncomfortable and didn't want to wear them. They forced him and he exploded. I thought the pitcher got to choose the uniform for the game? 

The uniforms were part of a team promotion that had been on the calendar since before the season started.

12 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Profar has been screwed by Texas' strange desire to play worse players (Andrus, Moreland etc) instead of him. He was the #1 prospect in all of baseball pre 2014 and earned every bit of it. He's a 23-year-old middle infielder putting up a .774 OPS in the big leagues despite having to play a whole heap of unfamiliar positions and getting irregular playing time. Joey Gallo is crushing AAA at 22 and deserves to be considered one of the top 20 prospects in all of baseball. I doubt they would make up an entire trade for Sale, the Rangers might well give up one or two less valuable pieces. But for a club like the White Sox, getting those two in a deal is as good as it can realistically get. They're two tremendous building blocks to rebuild around.

huh? You make it sound as if Texas is yanking him around. His "irregular playing time" is due to him being injured for 2 straight years. 

His OPS is .758 this year and .681 for his career.

Like I said, he had a very good first few months of 2016, but has been garbage over the last month, batting .189 with an OPS of .540 . His OPS vs lhp is .480 .  And the coup de grâce, his OPS away from the bandbox is .592 .

As far as I'm concerned, his 2014 preseason ranking means very little. 

10 minutes ago, Lou said:

huh? You make it sound as if Texas is yanking him around. His "irregular playing time" is due to him being injured for 2 straight years. 

His OPS is .758 this year and .681 for his career.

Like I said, he had a very good first few months of 2016, but has been garbage over the last month, batting .189 with an OPS of .540 . His OPS vs lhp is .480 .  And the coup de grâce, his OPS away from the bandbox is .592 .

As far as I'm concerned, his 2014 preseason ranking means very little. 

His irregular playing time this year is because guys like Moreland and Andrus are getting starts ahead of him.

If Andrus and Gallo played for the Angels they would be viewed here as the second coming Ruth and Mantle. Profar is having a big year even though the Rangers are messing with his development and Gallo has smashed his way through the minor leagues. Both are still very young. They're criminally underrated around here and it is only because of who they play for. There is no logical explanation for it.

Let me begin by saying I don't care how anyone rates Andrus or Gallo.  In regards to Gallo, he may very well be a future superstar. My only comment about him was that he hasn't proven anything at the major league level. 

Also, Profar isn't having a big year. Andrus is having a season on par with his. Profar, however, has been shit since June 11th, when he was batting .397. Since then, he has batted .218 and is now batting .290 . If he were on the Angels, you would be calling for Scioscia's head if he continued to put him in the lineup.  His development was hindered by his injuries. He started strong, but has now come crashing down. 

Sale is a premier starter who has been an all-star and Cy Young candidate every year he's been a starter in the majors. He also has an extremely team-friendly contract for the next 3 years ($38 million total) 

Edited by Lou

Hi! I am a new member. I want to share an off-the-wall thought that my buddies and I have been discussing for quite a while now. Do you remember the "Curse of the Bambino" and other, similar "curses" of baseball lore? Well, I firmly believe that ever since Arte Moreno added the ludicrous "Los Angeles" name to OUR Angels he cursed our beloved Angels. Further, I do not believe we can ever win another world championship unless that foreign city name is removed. The "Angels Arte Curse" will prevent same. Let me share a few facts that may solidify my point of view. In no particular order.....Mike Napoli was an OK Angel player; a great player once traded. Scott Kazmir and Greinke are quality starting pitchers before & after their stint with the Angels. Garrett Richards has had two serious injuries, Todd Adenhardt was unfortunately killed, Tyler Skaggs has serious arm problems, Albert Pujols keeps injuring his legs, & Josh Hamilton was a bust until he returned to the Rangers again. Howie Kendrick was good, but is now great batting cleanup for the Dodgers. Weaver is suddenly no longer able to pitch, as hitters wait for his 68 MPH "slow curve" to homer and this season we've had 12 guys on the DL at one time. Huston Street is a quality reliever that has now been injured and shows signs of the "Angels Arte Curse" too. Poor Shoemaker is really bearing the brundt of the curse, as he pitches great most everytime but the curse prevents him from many wins. I am certain I could go on and on, but you get the point. I doubt that our beloved ANAHEIM Angels will ever win again until the "Los Angeles" stigma is removed from our team name. The "Angels Arte Curse" will prevent it!

Hi! I am a new member. I want to share an off-the-wall thought that my buddies and I have been discussing for quite a while now. Do you remember the "Curse of the Bambino" and other, similar "curses" of baseball lore? Well, I firmly believe that ever since Arte Moreno added the ludicrous "Los Angeles" name to OUR Angels he cursed our beloved Angels. Further, I do not believe we can ever win another world championship unless that foreign city name is removed. The "Angels Arte Curse" will prevent same. Let me share a few facts that may solidify my point of view. In no particular order.....Mike Napoli was an OK Angel player; a great player once traded. Scott Kazmir and Greinke are quality starting pitchers before & after their stint with the Angels. Garrett Richards has had two serious injuries, Todd Adenhardt was unfortunately killed, Tyler Skaggs has serious arm problems, Albert Pujols keeps injuring his legs, & Josh Hamilton was a bust until he returned to the Rangers again. Howie Kendrick was good, but is now great batting cleanup for the Dodgers. Weaver is suddenly no longer able to pitch, as hitters wait for his 68 MPH "slow curve" to homer and this season we've had 12 guys on the DL at one time. Huston Street is a quality reliever that has now been injured and shows signs of the "Angels Arte Curse" too. Poor Shoemaker is really bearing the brundt of the curse, as he pitches great most everytime but the curse prevents him from many wins. I am certain I could go on and on, but you get the point. I doubt that our beloved ANAHEIM Angels will ever win again until the "Los Angeles" stigma is removed from our team name. The "Angels Arte Curse" will prevent it!

3 minutes ago, Ray of Sunshine said:

How about a little paragraphing? It's difficult to read.  

1 minute ago, halomatt said:

How about a little paragraphing? It's difficult to read.  

The paragraph lacking made it s little harder to read.    I can't disagree with a lot of it, although so many players move on to other teams that it may seem that they all thrive afterwards, and of course don't.   This has been the only year where the injuries were truly ridiculous.

The one big question mark was saying that Howie is doing well as a cleanup hitter?

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

The paragraph lacking made it s little harder to read.    I can't disagree with a lot of it, although so many players move on to other teams that it may seem that they all thrive afterwards, and of course don't.   This has been the only year where the injuries were truly ridiculous.

The one big question mark was saying that Howie is doing well as a cleanup hitter?

I agree.  The contents of the block of text seemed a bit of selection bias, but whatever.  Without looking it up, I have no idea either what Kendrick is doing with the Dodgers.  Don't really care, I guess.  Ugh...I drank too much last night and I am definitely regretting it. 

49 minutes ago, Ray of Sunshine said:

Hey Ray, welcome to AngelsWin.  I disagree with everything you wrote and you wrote a lot.  Curses don't exist and apparently in your world personal accountability don't exist.  You found us which is great, but you will have to bring more to the table than this, especially in the accuracy department.  

interesting summary, ray. not terribly relevant to this thread, but interesting in a "hey, i'm new and here's my kitchen sink theory on everything."

btw, hamilton "was a bust until he returned to the rangers again" is nowhere close to being true. you may want to look at his stats, that is the very few stats he'll have posted since he's been injured most of the time.

oh, and welcome aboard. enjoy your time here.

4 hours ago, Ray of Sunshine said:

So you're saying we have to get rid of the foreigners in our country? :P

Welcome to the board though we're very inclusive here!