• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

any further report on the nature of the Chris Sale 'clubhouse incident'?

If it were the Mets pulling Bartolo Colon for such an 'incident' one may think it was because he ate all the food at the pre-game buffet table and didn't leave any for the rest of the players.....

The Chris Sale incident with was with front/office staff, source says. No problems with any teammates.

The Sale incident began with something "silly" that mushroomed into a bigger argument, says a source.

Not sure if or how Kenny Williams was involved. Sale has had strained relations with and things finally boiled over.

48 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

This Sale situation is crazy.

If I were them I would be taking the Gallo and Profar offer. Those are two very good position players to build around for a long time to come.

I would want more for Sale.

Profar had a good 1st half, but he missed 2 years and has hit .200 over the last month. Also, his ops away from his home little league field is .611 He's going to be a good player,but coupled with Gallo (who hasn't proven anything @ the major league level), i'd keep Sale.

Sale is one of the very best starters in the majors and is only owed about $38 million for the next 3 years. I would absolutely raid their farm system if they want Sale. 

Edited by Lou

Profar has been screwed by Texas' strange desire to play worse players (Andrus, Moreland etc) instead of him. He was the #1 prospect in all of baseball pre 2014 and earned every bit of it. He's a 23-year-old middle infielder putting up a .774 OPS in the big leagues despite having to play a whole heap of unfamiliar positions and getting irregular playing time. Joey Gallo is crushing AAA at 22 and deserves to be considered one of the top 20 prospects in all of baseball. I doubt they would make up an entire trade for Sale, the Rangers might well give up one or two less valuable pieces. But for a club like the White Sox, getting those two in a deal is as good as it can realistically get. They're two tremendous building blocks to rebuild around.

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Sale hasn't been dominant this year so I'm thinking he's not worth a king's ransom like some here are posting.  It will take a lot to get him sure but a team is not going to have to absolutely give up its entire farm to get him.

3.2 WAR in 19 starts is seriously good. There are very few more valuable pitchers in baseball. Fangraphs ranked him as the player with the 15th highest trade value and that seems about right.

perhaps the Throwback jerseys were those really ugly ones the ChiSox had at one time........LOL!!

What a jerk !!  MLB player making millions goes berserk over wearing a 'throwback' jersey??? GEEZ.

I mean they're not the old orange pajama looking uni's once worn by the Houston Astros or the Pittsburgh Pirates once wore horrible looking uniforms -- remember Willie Stargell's large frame really showed off how awful they were.!!

Perhaps some fan can get Sale to sign one of the Throwback jerseys?? Maybe one with Shoeless Joe's name on the back.......better yet a Jimmy Piersall number jersey (16 ?).