• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

ISIS was able to develop at first in Iraq, after we left. Why didn't we leave a residual force in there for a while until the country could be secured?

Of course that begs the question of why we toppled Saddam in the first place and created a whole bunch of messes. Was that really necessary? It's inconceivable that Saddam would have allowed groups such as ISIS to gain a foothold. He would have killed them all and their families, right from the start.

Iraq didnt want us there anymore. 

The big problem is havinf a shia govt rule sunnis (in terms of iraq). The sunnis distrust the hell out of the iraqi govt, and a lot of the locals see isis as a buffer between them and the govt. 

Isis was able to swell their ranks simply because young aspiring jihadis around the world saw them steamroll and pull off in a matter of months what al qaeda promised for years. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I think the US exposed what gutless pussies the Iraqi army was and that made it a whole lot easier for the radicals to take charge. 

It also exposed the fact that nation building is a pipe dream. We gutted the Iraqi military of all the Sunnis and left them with a ragtag group of halfwits. Billions of dollars wasted.

12 hours ago, calscuf said:

CNN was reporting how he was disciplined as early as 3rd grade for aggressive behavior and making inappropriate sexual comments.  

So: 

1) Dad is Afgan, they are known culturally to abuse young boys.

2) Dude grows up extremely angry and apparently conflicted sexually.

3) Dad is a nut.

Yeah, after everything I've read, it seems pretty clear that this guy's dad was an absolute shitbag. Apparently, his son lived to please him but always felt inadequate. Couple that with the (likely) fact that he was bisexual or gay, and that was definitely not ok with dad (you know, the guy that still refuses to entertain that idea regarding his son); and the (guessing) likelihood that he grew up in an abusive household.... Well, that's just about a perfect recipe for creating a really unstable person.

btw, the abusive household thing is conjecture on my part, and might not be true; but, given this guy's views on women, his behavior in school as a kid, and his dad's general support of the Taliban, I'm willing to bet that I'm right.

The wife and father of Orlando gay club shooter Omar Mateen have been added to federal no-fly lists as investigators determine what role they played, if any, in Sunday's massacre, according to a report.

Federal officials added Noor Salman, as well as her father-in-law Seddique Mateen, to the lists, ABC reports.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/feds-add-orlando-gay-club-shooter-father-wife-no-fly-lists-article-1.2677497

16 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

What is Dad still doing in the United States given his outspoken support of the Taliban?

Are we at war, or not? I guess not.

Bounce his butt back to Afghanistan.

yep

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Because the US has freedom of speech regardless if you approve of the message or not.

yep on this too. 

So, the Department of Justice is going to release the shooters 911 calls.  

Except for the parts where he references his allegiance to ISIS.  They will remove references to ISIS and religion, according to Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Nice

23 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So, the Department of Justice is going to release the shooters 911 calls.  

Except for the parts where he references his allegiance to ISIS.  They will remove references to ISIS and religion, according to Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Nice

Is this a joke?

Why even release the call at all if there is going to be censorship? 

We already knew he pledged allegiance to ISIS so it's not like it was a big secret they were trying to keep under wraps.

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

I had never seen that before. I'm crying

That entire clip is classic.

I remember reading somewhere that the lady pictured there is his mother-in-law or relative of some sort, and some staffer put that picture in there as a joke.

Not sure if it's true or not.

Archived