• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

Guilty as charged. 

But I think that's how this entire issue is being handled publicly right now. i.e. All dems want to take away all of our guns vs. all cons want to stockpile for Armageddon.

There really doesn't seem to be any middle ground in this debate, and there desperately needs to be.

I think there are tons of folks in the middle.  But just like everything else when it comes to politics, they get drowned out by the loudness of the right and left.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mtangelsfan said:

I think there are tons of folks in the middle.  But just like everything else when it comes to politics, they get drowned out by the loudness of the right and left.

The media wouldn't have a good story if they couldn't exploit the extremes of both sides. It's very tiresome to listen to.

Regardless of what gets done about immigration or gun control I hope everybody keeps in minds that there are people near you right now who have the resources and the mindset to do you harm. Even if they have our metadata the FBI won't catch them all. I can't imagine anyone not taking some measures to protect himself and his family.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Are we so conditioned to this post 9-11 that the audacity of being on a list and being suspected of being up to no good means well....anything?

I love how you refer to it as "a list."

So fuck it, we shouldn't do anything? Can't let them fly but they can buy guns.

Just now, InsideThePark said:

How else would you refer to items called no-fly lists and FBI watch lists? Honestly, I'm at a loss as to what else to call them. And yeah, not letting someone fly because of suspicions so we can fool ourselves into sleeping better at night is pretty fucked up too.

12 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Regardless of what gets done about immigration or gun control I hope everybody keeps in minds that there are people near you right now who have the resources and the mindset to do you harm.

Tell me about it...

BB1_2685123a-large.jpg

48 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

You definitely keep up with the conservative talking points. Their favorite phrase right now is "due process." I agree that one should be given that right if they are denied the sale but the Republicans proposed to give the courts just a 72-hour window to respond. If they don't, the sale goes through. It's a BS half measure that wouldn't change anything.

It's a constitutional right so yeah, it's a little important. You should think it is too.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Jay, this seems hard to believe, especially when we know there are over 300 million guns owned in this country. That would suggest that while the number of gun owners has decreased, the number of guns they own has skyrocketed. That's frightening.

also, I wonder how many illegal guns are out there. No one ever wants to talk about them. Ever.

Guns age out. I have my Grandfathers hunting rifle that is no longer practical to use and is simply a keepsake. After so many rounds the barrels wear out, the firing pins, bolt mechanisms all age out and unless you are good buddies with an expert gunsmith that pistol or rifle ends up in the back of the closet and isn't used again.

Previous gun owners will invest in something new either as a replacement or something completely different to try out. It is an enthusiast product more than anything else. Like iPhones and other crap that people swap out and replace even if it has more usable life in the product, some are trashed and some end up in a junk drawer and forgotten.

I would say the average gun owner collects 4 or more guns in his lifetime. Some way more, some get caught up in the home protection myth and buy a shotgun and it just gets rusty after a couple outings at the range. So that big number you quote is probably including Wyatt Earps six shooter that hasn't fired a round in 100 years and my Grandfathers rifle.

Big numbers to scare people into believing the average gun owner has a basement full of weapons ready to unleash on the public. The real numbers point to something quite a bit more sensible, a very high percentage of responsible people that are your neighbors and friends.

3 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Guilty until proven innocent.

Wow... Just...wow. What was that they said about the two parties not being the same? The link I posted was so right. The Democrats really have went to the neocon playbook. Worst year of politics ever. (Well not really. I'm sure 1859 probably sucked worse but it sure feels like it).

1 hour ago, InsideThePark said:

Maybe calling it a ledger would make you feel better? 

Just now, nate said:

The fact of the matter is, being put on a list and being denied freedoms without any due process is a violation of constitutional rights.

What's sad is our elected officials are Ok with it. As long as it falls in with the party's values.

Archived