• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-fla-ap-gunman-wielding-000000701.html

What we know

• A gunman opened fire inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., killing 50 people and leaving 53 others hospitalized in the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
  • The gunman, who was carrying an assault-style rifle, handgun and possibly an explosive device, is dead after exchanging fire with officers at 5 a.m. He had taken hostages after trying to flee.
  • The FBI is treating the shooting as an act of terrorism.
  • The suspect was identified as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S. citizen whose family is believed to be from Afghanistan. Federal officials are investigating Mateen's possible ties to radical terror organizations.
  • Witnesses at the club described a chaotic scene.

from the Telegraph in Britain:

Police have not confirmed the identity of the gunman, but he is believed to be Omar Saddiqui Mateen.

Mateen, 29, from Port St Lucie in Florida, was born in the US to Afghan parents.

CNN is reporting that he had military training.

ABC News reporting that he "came onto the radar" of police, but was not the target of an active investigation.

1 hour ago, InsideThePark said:

So fucking sad.

We don't know how this sub-human got a hold of his weapons but I think it's time we looked at banning the sale of assault rifles - especially with the ongoing threat of terrorism.

I'm sure that will stop this from continuing to happen. 

1 hour ago, InsideThePark said:

So fucking sad.

We don't know how this sub-human got a hold of his weapons but I think it's time we looked at banning the sale of assault rifles - especially with the ongoing threat of terrorism.

Considering 20 dead kids didn't sway our conservative congress, I'm guessing they won't give two shits about 50 dead gays.

7 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

It's going to be the main topic of discussion regarding this tragedy. Sorry if I offended you. 

Did you get a little boner when you thought you offended me?

Seriously,  the only people I hear use the phrase "religion of peace" are conservatives. Sorry if that offends you. And for the record,  like most people as soon as I heard about this I was thinking a Muslim did it.

Archived