• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 9:34 AM, the_dude_abides said:

Considering 20 dead kids didn't sway our conservative congress, I'm guessing they won't give two shits about 50 dead gays.

As a great orator once saId: " Couldn't wait to throw that out there,  could ya? "

NOV. 5, 2009: 13 killed, 32 injured: Ft. Hood, Texas

APRIL 3, 2009: 13 killed, 4 injured: Binghamton, N.Y.

AUG. 3, 2010:  8 killed, 2 injured: Manchester, Conn.

JAN. 8, 2011: 6 killed, 11 injured: Tucson, Ariz. - including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

I guess the liberal congress didn't give 2 shits about, well, anybody. 

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Exactly how blatant are you scoping out potentially planning an attack at a theme park? Thousand upon thousands of very diverse people with cameras and loitering around and you STILL look @#$##@$@ suspicious.

Yeah, but after eliminating the Asians you're only left with two, 3 tops 

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The wife could be arrested at any time. She may have been involved in the planning. At the very least it appears she knew about it and did nothing.

Bring the whole family in and grill them, especially the father. Then charge them, or send them the hell out of here.

Is there any reason why the father shouldn't be deported after this? I won't expect him to be, but why the heck not?

2 hours ago, Lou said:

As a great orator once saId: " Couldn't wait to throw that out there,  could ya? "

NOV. 5, 2009: 13 killed, 32 injured: Ft. Hood, Texas

APRIL 3, 2009: 13 killed, 4 injured: Binghamton, N.Y.

AUG. 3, 2010:  8 killed, 2 injured: Manchester, Conn.

JAN. 8, 2011: 6 killed, 11 injured: Tucson, Ariz. - including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords

I guess the liberal congress didn't give 2 shits about, well, anybody. 

Fucking libs, cock blocking gun control legislation!

But yeah, "thoughts and prayers".  

Obama and Congress shit the bed - they had a couple years to legislate all the gun control they're pushing for now. Both sides have blood on their hands. That said, there's only one party that didn't evolve after Newtown. Pretty shitty that something like this turned into a political issue.

I heard this yesterday...

After 9/11 when we realized that a plan could be used to kill lots of people, we instituted a ton of laws and restrictions to try to stop it from happening again.  We increased security at airports by a ton, we started making people take off their shoes, we started doing xrays, we beefed up the no fly list, we beefed up the random checks, we forced all planes to have a reinforced and locking doors.

When guns are used to kill lots of people our government doesn't raise a fucking finger.

When we attack ISIS, you know what we go after?  Their weapon stores...

And for the people that say gun laws wont work because criminals don't follow the law.  You know what is illegal in the US?  Bombs, missiles and grenades which are very capable of killing lots of people.  How many mass bombings, mass missile deaths and mass grenade deaths have there been recently in the US?

The point is, these are bad people, and the method we go about to slow them down or stop them from killing is by taking away their weapons.  If it works against ISIS imagine how effective it would be with Americans.

Good job skipping over the rest of the post too.

38 minutes ago, nate said:

I heard this yesterday...

After 9/11 when we realized that a plan could be used to kill lots of people, we instituted a ton of laws and restrictions to try to stop it from happening again.  We increased security at airports by a ton, we started making people take off their shoes, we started doing xrays, we beefed up the no fly list, we beefed up the random checks, we forced all planes to have a reinforced and locking doors.

When guns are used to kill lots of people our government doesn't raise a fucking finger.

When we attack ISIS, you know what we go after?  Their weapon stores...

And for the people that say gun laws wont work because criminals don't follow the law.  You know what is illegal in the US?  Bombs, missiles and grenades which are very capable of killing lots of people.  How many mass bombings, mass missile deaths and mass grenade deaths have there been recently in the US?

Paragraph 1: Yes we should have laws to make sure certain people do not get a gun (any gun). Should we look at how it's done now? Yes, because it isn't 100% effective.

Paragraph 2: All states have restrictions. Some more than others. In 1994 "assault weapons" were banned. It didn't make a difference in the overall crime and violence rate.

Last paragraph: Bombs are used and have been used to kill lots of people. I don't think it's that hard to make one. Missiles (even if they were manufactured and sold) would be unaffordable to most everyone.

Nate, I 100% agree with you that there are a lot of people that should never own a gun and we should do what we can to stop them from getting one. Where you and I differ is I don't think it's right to remove access from everyone because of what a very tiny percentage of people do with them. 

8 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Obama and Congress shit the bed - they had a couple years to legislate all the gun control they're pushing for now. Both sides have blood on their hands. That said, there's only one party that didn't evolve after Newtown. Pretty shitty that something like this turned into a political issue.

Yeah, the party that wasn't in control of congress.  It's easy to "evolve" when you know nothing is going to happen and you can sit back and look like the more sensitive people.  Neither party has done or will do anything.  

3 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Paragraph 1: Yes we should have laws to make sure certain people do not get a gun (any gun). Should we look at how it's done now? Yes, because it isn't 100% effective.

Paragraph 2: All states have restrictions. Some more than others. In 1994 "assault weapons" were banned. It didn't make a difference in the overall crime and violence rate.

Last paragraph: Bombs are used and have been used to kill lots of people. I don't think it's that hard to make one. Missiles (even if they were manufactured and sold) would be unaffordable to most everyone.

Nate, I 100% agree with you that there are a lot of people that should never own a gun and we should do what we can to stop them from getting one. Where you and I differ is I don't think it's right to remove access from everyone because of what a very tiny percentage of people do with them. 

The airplane laws are not for certain people, they are for all people.

Obviously those restrictions are not good enough

When was the last bombing on US soil?  Compared to gun deaths they are the tiniest blip on the radar.  This is not about certain people not owning a gun, this is about lots of guns having no practical use and NOBODY owning them.

Archived