• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

BREAKING: possible hostage situation in Amarillo, Texas. Police looking for a Somalian man. 

Here we go again?

This is what I mean about the 10 day ban.

From the Sheriff's department

**** UPDATE ****

It has been confirmed that there is one person armed with a gun inside Walmart and at least one hostage.

We do consider this a work-place violence situation at this point.

All agencies are on scene, including Amarillo SWAT, APD, RCSO, PCSO and DPS. The SWAT robot is currently being utilized.

Although there were reports of shots fired when officers arrived on scene, there have been no confirmed injuries.

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

Serious question for you gun experts:

Is it illegal to go to Arizona and buy a weapon then bring it back to California? Assuming you buy the weapon legally.

Yes. They can't sell them to non residents. Is also illegal to buy 30 round magazines there and bring them to Cali

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

...and dancing, and alcohol. Then this wouldn't have happened.

Mostly alcohol ... which often leads to dancing.  

And, of course, dill pickle flavored sunflower seed.  Phuck those things! 

1 hour ago, the_dude_abides said:

Isn't there some kind of law that protects her (similar to the one where you don't have to testify against a spouse)?

Or have I just watched too much Law & Order?

http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/felony-offense/can-spouses-be-forced-testify-against-one-another

The way they describe it.  It's like doctor/patient confidentiality. 

But she blabbed so it's probably open game.  Her best bet now is probably to go the battered wife route and was scared to report it.

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Um ok. There are hunting rifles with the same capabilities as assault rifles Red. Not sure why you disagree with this.

If someone needs a "hunting rifle" that has the same capabilities as an assault rifle...I'm guessing they are probably really shitty hunters and should look in to a new hobby.

However they choose to market the firearm, I think some sensible limitations on capabilities can be crafted that would still allow people to hunt, self-defense, etc and yet reduce their capability for slaughtering people by the dozens.

6 minutes ago, red321 said:

If someone needs a "hunting rifle" that has the same capabilities as an assault rifle...I'm guessing they are probably really shitty hunters and should look in to a new hobby.

However they choose to market the firearm, I think some sensible limitations on capabilities can be crafted that would still allow people to hunt, self-defense, etc and yet reduce their capability for slaughtering people by the dozens.

Yes. Like a 10 round limit on magazines.

That "hunting" rifle is significantly more powerful too. The only type of hunting you would use an AR for would be for things like coyotes, pigs or other types of smaller game. It would be very hard to kill deer or bear with one

That hunting rifle has to be loaded by hand...and it's a pain in the fucking ass to load those things repeatedly...makes it a lot easier when you put it on the table, lay out the bullets, and then load them one by one.

Touch different than slapping out the high capacity mag, jamming another pre-loaded mag in place, and then continuing your slaughter.

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

That hunting rifle has to be loaded by hand...and it's a pain in the fucking ass to load those things repeatedly...makes it a lot easier when you put it on the table, lay out the bullets, and then load them one by one.

Touch different than slapping out the high capacity mag, jamming another pre-loaded mag in place, and then continuing your slaughter.

I own both of those and yes, you can load an AR quicker. However, that bullet button we have in California makes reloading slow. So slow it makes it impossible to use it in competitive shooting

Takes longer to shoot and aim the rifle in fact.  The AR can come fully loaded with 30 or even 50 rounds in many states and unload all 50 in a matter of 15-20 seconds.  Killing tens of people in that time.  The same can't be said about the hunting rifle, which is why Lawrence's argument doesn't make any sense.  Otherwise our Military would be running around with Winchester 300 rifles and not AR15s.

Yes, it does make it slower....in California...but still quicker to slam in another magazine than loading by hand....if I understand correctly from the friend we went shooting with you can also buy devices to bypass the button.

Ah...well, we wouldn't want to interfere with competitive shooting...shit, they might even have to adjust the competition to accommodate...couldn't have that could we

1 minute ago, nate said:

Takes longer to shoot and aim the rifle in fact.  The AR can come fully loaded with 30 or even 50 rounds in many states and unload all 50 in a matter of 15-20 seconds.  Killing tens of people in that time.  The same can't be said about the hunting rifle, which is why Lawrence's argument doesn't make any sense.  Otherwise our Military would be running around with Winchester 300 rifles and not AR15s.

This true. You may find it odd but the military is developing different types of rounds since the 5.56 is not effective in killing an enemy. It's a very small round. Soldiers often complain that they have to shoot somebody 6 or 7 times to stop them.

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yes, it does make it slower....in California...but still quicker to slam in another magazine than loading by hand....if I understand correctly from the friend we went shooting with you can also buy devices to bypass the button.

Ah...well, we wouldn't want to interfere with competitive shooting...shit, they might even have to adjust the competition to accommodate...couldn't have that could we

Would you be OK with people who have had formal training and have been thoroughly cleared by law enforcement to own these rifles?

.223 is a small bullet so I am not surprised.  To pierce body armor it has to shoot at a high velocity but because of that it goes right through the target, if it misses the critical stuff I can believe some of these guys will keep fighting.

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

Modifying the push button magazine is illegal. 

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Our military doesn't use AR-15's. 

Bullshit they don't.

Colt aggressively marketed the AR15 to militaries (as well as commercially), winning sizable US contracts which found the rifles type-classified as the M16 by the US Army. The rifles were then shipped to a small but growing conflict in Vietnam. During the Vietnam War, problems arose with the M16. Congressional inquiry into the matter found that the problems were due in large part to Army mismanagement (lack of training, incomplete testing of components prior to issue). With the addition of a slightly heavier barrel, a new flash suppressor, and a forward bolt assist, the rifle was officially adopted by the US Army in 1967 as the M16A1. Problems with the rifle quickly dissolved. Also during this time, an experimental, shortened version of the rifle, called the CAR-15, was put to use by special forces elements, nick-named the “commando”. Slight revisions landed it a type classification of XM177.

Archived