• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Yesterday Congress had a moment of silence, said a prayer and that was the end of it. Why even talk about legislating when T's and P's will take care of the problem? Besides, it's unreasonable to have any concerns about people on the terror watch and no-fly list being able to pass background checks with ease.

Kudos to this guy.  Fed up with the T's and P's platitudes, Rep Jim Himes says he will no longer attend moments of silence on the House floor following mass shootings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jim-himes-orlando_us_575e1e3de4b00f97fba8b5f3?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&section=politics

2 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

I'm assuming he was no longer on a terror watch list at the time the background check occurred. Kind of sounds like the FBI didn't dig deep enough on this guy.

I've never received a satisfactory answer about what the background check entails and to what end. Apparently the FBI hasn't either.

3 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

I'm assuming he was no longer on a terror watch list at the time the background check occurred. Kind of sounds like the FBI didn't dig deep enough on this guy.

Yeah I was aware that he was on the watch list and then removed but that wasn't the point. Why does there have to be a massacre under that scenario before Congress acts? The NRA has them by the balls.

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Eddie said:

People aren't out committing mass murders because they watched an episode of The Sopranos, played a video game, or listened to hardcore metal or rap music.

Try driving your kid to school with Disney Radio on in the car and then get back to me.

Unarmed.

Funny, I think ISIS take credit for shit they don't do. I think they took credit here too, but now it's coming out their dude was queer. I wonder how they feel about this now? Backing a dude from a culture where they throw people off roofs if they are even considered gay.

He probably smiled a lot and acted effeminate when the FBI interviewed him, and they concluded he couldn't possibly be connected to terrorism. Who knows...but something went wrong here.

I guess when you go to buy an assault rifle, your being a subject of an FBI interview is not included in your background check. It really should be a red flag, and further investigation warranted before getting the weapon. I don't care if he was a security guard, they should have looked into it further.

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Funny, I think ISIS take credit for shit they don't do. I think they took credit here too, but now it's coming out their dude was queer. I wonder how they feel about this now? Backing a dude from a culture where they throw people off roofs if they are even considered gay.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

He was killing Americans in the name of ISIS, that's all that may count to these people. 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I do agree with the notion they take credit for more than they do.  I also wonder if the kind of nuance you are speaking of is in their scope of thinking

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He probably smiled a lot and acted effeminate when the FBI interviewed him, and they concluded he couldn't possibly be connected to terrorism. Who knows...but something went wrong here.

I guess when you go to buy an assault rifle, your being a subject of an FBI interview is not included in your background check. It really should be a red flag, and further investigation warranted before getting the weapon. I don't care if he was a security guard, they should have looked into it further.

They should have been ALLOWED to look into it further. Under current law, their hands are tied.

43 minutes ago, Geoff said:

So was he a self loathing gay, a self loathing gun owner, a self loathing wannabe ISIS fanboy or just a duck faced douche?

Also, a steroid abuser, according to his ex-wife. Total tool status.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

ISIS is basically taking credit for someone doing the online version of their terrorism university.

Archived