• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

16 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

California already has most of those and no on the ammo thing. What's the point of that? Waiting period for 1st time buyer only. Background check only takes a few minutes.

Really?  Waiting period is really a deterrent for the road rage types.  But again, if you bought a handgun, and really are pissed and want something more.  I don't see why waiting 28 days is that big a deal.  Are people really that much in a hurry to go shooting?

Background checks I don't believe only takes a few minutes.  I had to do one for a real estate license I took years ago, and they did the fingerprints and fortunately the AW.com background check didn't match up.  But it still took a few weeks.

As for ammo.  I see why they have it, so that they aren'tselling to those that aren't supposed to have it.  Which is the whole purpose.  It's like buying beer.  Is it really that big of a deal to get carded?  Just so that those that aren't supposed to drink don't buy.  And shouldn't the government know if you are a nutcase that is stockpiling 1000 of rounds?

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, the_dude_abides said:

People will speed, so why have speed limits?

#thoughtsandprayersfororlando

Or, why do we have cars?  Those things are killing machines. 

#letapostrophesbeinhashtags

42 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

The laws that are in place is the trying to do something. The issues this country is facing is way deeper than that. Blaming the guns is a very simplistic view. People shooting other humans is a symptom of hatred and evil. We need to find a way to deal with the cause and not just the symptoms. 

So have everyone take counseling and pray?

Get rid of the problem, not the why. I used to be on your side, but people are not able to do so, so get rid of the problem for the greater good. Sorry you can't kill wildlife or brag to your buddies at your BBQ about the new gun you bought and how badass it is. Like the mortgage industry, we made our own bed as a country and need to deal with the repercussions....I never did a bad mortgage or took out one as a consumer, but I face the same reality as everyone else. Same with guns. There is a majority that don't think like most of us and that needs to be changed.

Sorry you can't take your bro trip to shoot shit up so people can actually.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I believe the proper response is.

More people die from cars than guns.  We should ban cars.

Seems a little over the top, but what the heck.  I'd support you on that.

GB, in terms of canada, maybe their laws help the cause, but i think a lot of it is just culture. The south loves guns, snd rhe south is extremely violent (a lot more so than the major cities, stat wise). Then you have the people from say washington, idaho, colorado etc. They too love their guns, but from what i can tell, less violent. 

Were just a violent culture. Some less than others. Guns are part of it, not all of it. (Im pro gun laws by the way, just saying i think the roots are deeper than the means)

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

GB, in terms of canada, maybe their laws help the cause, but i think a lot of it is just culture. The south loves guns, snd rhe south is extremely violent (a lot more so than the major cities, stat wise). Then you have the people from say washington, idaho, colorado etc. They too love their guns, but from what i can tell, less violent. 

Were just a violent culture. Some less than others. Guns are part of it, not all of it. (Im pro gun laws by the way, just saying i think the roots are deeper than the means)

Dealing with the culture issue is extremely difficult but I agree with you.

I agree with that.  We are more nutty.  But you have to start somewhere, and IMO, the way Canada is dealing with it is a step in the right direction.  And it's not a giant leap, like the nutjobs on the other side want. 

13 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Part of the ineffectiveness is they aren't even enforced. Maybe they should be enforced?

I think a big part of the problem is that most gun homicides really cant be stopped.

This is hige news, obviously. But like the gorilla narrative in regards to chicago, its happeneing all the time. 

We all as bystanders pay attention to events like this. Its a story. Same as chicago having a weekend with say 70 shot. But what about the weekends where 30 are shot? Its almost like highlights on sports center.

But the majority of gun deaths arent like this, or chicago. The majority are spouse, business partner, friend argument, etc. So unless we get the pre cogs from minority report, the majority cant be stopped, unfortunately 

1 hour ago, InsideThePark said:

I don't want to come down hard on those who are "praying for Orlando, the families," or whatever. Obviously I don't think it does anything but I think they mean well. That said, praying and then shrugging your shoulders isn't the answer. Serious conversations need to be had.

Sadly, the only thing our elected officials will ultimately end up doing is offering T's and P's.

#prayfororlando

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Nearly 14,000 posts since the updated forum software says you are lying.

I stick to the soccer forum where us gays never had a problem until today.

And no dude, my post total is from the previous board. 13k posts in a couple months is unemployed and just poor math on your part.

I think a big part of the problem is that most gun homicides really cant be stopped.

This is hige news, obviously. But like the gorilla narrative in regards to chicago, its happeneing all the time. 

We all as bystanders pay attention to events like this. Its a story. Same as chicago having a weekend with say 70 shot. But what about the weekends where 30 are shot? Its almost like highlights on sports center.

But the majority of gun deaths arent like this, or chicago. The majority are spouse, business partner, friend argument, etc. So unless we get the pre cogs from minority report, the majority cant be stopped, unfortunately 

Cain v. Able and it's been downhill since

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

So have everyone take counseling and pray?

Get rid of the problem, not the why. I used to be on your side, but people are not able to do so, so get rid of the problem for the greater good. Sorry you can't kill wildlife or brag to your buddies at your BBQ about the new gun you bought and how badass it is. Like the mortgage industry, we made our own bed as a country and need to deal with the repercussions....I never did a bad mortgage or took out one as a consumer, but I face the same reality as everyone else. Same with guns. There is a majority that don't think like most of us and that needs to be changed.

Sorry you can't take your bro trip to shoot shit up so people can actually.

So I'm not making an incorrect inference, are you in favor of banning firearms? 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I agree with that.  We are more nutty.  But you have to start somewhere, and IMO, the way Canada is dealing with it is a step in the right direction.  And it's not a giant leap, like the nutjobs on the other side want. 

Agreed, sometbings got to give. And people on both sides (on every issue we fight about) need to stop fighting each other and compromise.

Its a sad time in this country that just about every issue goes unresolved, because we would rather back our parties stance on things than common sense. Thats not aimed at anyones take on guns in this thread, i mean the overall population on EVERYTHING.

23 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Read my posts and tell me where I'm being divisive. As a 2nd amendment supporter I understand that something has to be done and I'm willing to have some inconvenience if it helps prevent a gun falling I to the wrong hands. Pleas show me where I have ever posted here falling into the party line thing. Also why do you think that post was directed toward you? It wasn't 

Probably when you started your post with "the left" hence why mine mentioned being a bit right. This is a human issue, not some dumbass right, left communist, etc. issue that some of you dudes that don;t agree there being a problem disagree with.

I can't even answer the last part, I was gone for a few hours and didn't see any sign of it being towards me or why you thought it was, or how I interpreted it that way. 

Just now, Eddie said:

Probably when you started your post with "the left" hence why mine mentioned being a bit right. This is a human issue, not some dumbass right, left communist, etc. issue that some of you dudes that don;t agree there being a problem disagree with.

I can't even answer the last part, I was gone for a few hours and didn't see any sign of it being towards me or why you thought it was, or how I interpreted it that way. 

I agree there is a problem. When I saw the news this AM my first thought was "why the **** are terrorists just running free in this country"? I think the anger towards the firearm is a bit misdirected whit this shooting. FWIW I don't totally disagree with you or anyone else here. I think we all want violence to stop

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not only that, but like cals mentioned, hes a dipshit selfie taking duckface. Not that it should matter, but what a clown

Another case of starved for attention..

I saw a thing saying he was into weight lifting. Probably one of those dudes that spend equal time at the gym staring in the mirror as he does lifting.

8 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

So I'm not making an incorrect inference, are you in favor of banning firearms? 

To cut through the nonsense of your inference, yes.

For as many people that like to kill deer or go to the shooting range, an exponential portion are killing people due to laws and ease of access. I used to be pro gun and think the problem was with the people committing the crimes, but at this point you're a moron if you think there isn't an issue and one that needs to be rectified.

To be simple, people don't need firearms. You can create your own stories about how some dude has never broke into your home, but you need to have 15 guns in case he does to rape your household, but it isn't realistic or likely. The problem is just that, too many random people with guns that shouldn't have access or need them.

13 minutes ago, the_dude_abides said:

Sadly, the only thing our elected officials will ultimately end up doing is offering T's and P's.

#prayfororlando

That's their go to line after a tragedy. "Let's not talk about the gun issue right now..."

Our federal government didn't do shit after Sandy Hook but Connecticut passed some stricter gun laws. Florida probably won't do anything though.

Archived