• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually surprised it took this long for successful terrorist attacks to happen. They had to know that 9/11 type of attacks were a once in a lifetime type of opportunity.

Mass shootings in public places offers such a better advantage. The weapons one needs, whether bought legally or not, are so easily accessible. The kicker is they aren't going anywhere because they know it's an issue that the American people are so divided on and can't seem to resolve. Without meaning to sound like post 9/11 hysteria America, it wouldn't surprise me to see a few more of these happen by the end of the year.

The man was mentally unstable and had been investigated twice by the FBI in the past three years. He should not have been able to purchase an assault style weapon.

I'm all for reform of the gun laws in the right areas, but not a blanket ban on guns in general. That would take repealing the 2nd Amendment, if we're talking about banning guns across the board.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate

The most interesting thing about this list.  The tops in total per 100k is just hugely populated by countries in the North and South America's. 

If You Look at This Chart of Top 10 Nations in the World for Mass Shootings – One Thing Jumps Out

This one clearly shows more mass shootings in the world.  By a large margin.  But per 1,000,000 people, we drop down to 7th.  That just tells me evil is everywhere.

Gun politics in Canada

If you look at the first link, I said that in total per 100k, North and South America is represented almost int he entirety in the tops.  Except for Canada.  And when you look at their regulations, while a bit more restrictive than the U.S.  I would think that their laws would pass the second amendment test.  Also worth noting.  While they ban some assault rifles, others like the popular ar15 is not banned.  They seemed more focused on not altering weapons, and not having replica weapons. 

Maybe it's laws in Canada.  At quick glance, I don't see a stand your ground type law for them.  If you use a firearm to kill someone, there seems to be a very small window on self type defenses.  What they do seem to do well, is regulate who has guns, and make sure that those that have guns, have a picture id that matches up with the gun.  They also make it very restrictive to buy ammo, in that you need the license to purchase, and only ammo for the gun you have a license for.  Background checks on glance that is required is mainly a criminal check.  They have a standard 28 day window for purchases.  They do require training on the specific gun you purchased also.

Again, I think evil is everywhere, and even if you take away guns, evil will find a way like Timothy McVeigh, or any of the numerous plane bombers, and even go low tech like the Boston assholes.  And with the number of people in the United States, you just can't keep track of all of the evil. 

But when evil does pop up, this county is just a bunch of pussies in dealing with it.  You commit murder, none of this smirking in court knowing you will go to jail on the taxpayers dime.  Appeal appeal, then death within 3 years like other countries seem to do.

I'm sure if we get rid of guns they'll just say, "Shit!  Well now we can't kill anyone anymore.  Oh well, let's call it a day."

They won't like, oh I don't know, grab a couple of crockpots and turn them into bombs at a major national event or anything like that.

An account from a college friend who lives in Port St. Lucie, not far from the home of the shooter.

=========================================================================================

It is impossible to wrap my mind around the mass murder in Orlando this morning. I saw a brief glimpse of the story before I left for Church this morning. I saw a half dozen police cars in front of a house this morning as I took Meiyo for her morning ride. As it turns out, it is the home of the murderer. Yes, the shooter lived in Port St. Lucie and his home is only about a half mile or so from where I live. That makes this senseless act especially real. As I returned from church, there were dozens of police cars, multiple news vans, a big crowd of onlookers and the road is partially blocked. I am in shock. My prayers go out to the friends and especially the families of the 50 people who were murdered and for the 50+ who were wounded. I pray that they will recover! It has been suggested that the killer has ties to Islamic terror groups, possibly even ISIS. Dear LORD... I don't even know what or how to pray! All I can say is God, please heal this world because it is evil and a real mess.

54 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Mea culpa then.  Both things should be talked about

I'm with you on that. His radical beliefs motivated him to kill gays. Seems that this might have been preventable given his history but we'll have to wait for more information.

You seem pretty sensible when it comes to the gun issue - what do you think we should do?

Again...and again....and again. Stop with the bullshit that terrorism or mass murders will exists regardless of gun reform. Sure, some dude will concoct a way to kill a mass crowd with spam, but proven items like automatic rifles shouldn't be kept around because we wrote something into law 200 years ago when the shit didn't apply nor did the constitutional law mean automatic or semi-automatic weapons.

Stop with the guns are cool and stop with the bullshit prayers and other nonsense that doesn't help anyone or keep them alive.

ISIS claiming responsibility, but i think theyre just grabbing for "positive" propoganda right now.

As far as the gun debate, both sides have arguments. Way too much gun violence here, but like posted above, a gun killed the shooter.

Damn, this shooting far exceeded san bernardino, for perspective.

Agree with the post above. Agreed with the post above about how easy this is to do, for jihadists. Since 9/11 ive been expecting it. Al qaeda always wanted big, showy bomb attacks. Its so much simpler to shoot people, and the same message gets accross. Suprised it hasnt happened more, sadly.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

And where in my entire post did you think this wasn't ok?

This is why I don't involve myself in these kind of threads or post here as much. For whatever reason, some of you take a completely logical post and spin it into something it's not or create your own context and roll with it. You're so notorious for this.

Nearly 14,000 posts since the updated forum software says you are lying.

Post on Facebook from a Muslim in Orlando.

Mahmoud ElAwadi's photo.
Mahmoud ElAwadi xnySjdB_MOf.pngfeeling determined at Oneblood Inc..
5 hrsOrlando, FL

-Yes my name is Mahmoud a proud Muslim American .
-Yes I donated blood even though I can't eat or drink anything cause I'm fasting in our holy month Ramadan just like hundreds of other Muslims who donated today here in Orlando .
-Yes I'm angry for what happened last night and all the innocent lives we lost .
-Yes I'm sad , frustrated and mad that a crazy guy claim to be a Muslim did that shameful act.
-Yes I witnessed the greatness of this country watching thousands of people standing in 92 degree sun waiting on their turn to donate blood even after they were told that the wait time is 5-7 hours .
-Yes this is the greatest nation on earth watching people from different a ages including kids volunteering to give water , juice , food , umbrellas , sun block. Also watching our old veterans coming to donate And next to them Muslim women in hijab carrying food and water to donors standing in line .
-Yes together we will stand against hate , terrorism , extremism and racism .
-Yes our blood all look the same so get out there and donate blood cause our fellow American citizens are injured and need our blood .

Yes our community in central Florida is heart broken but let's put our colors , religions , ethnicity , sexual orientation , political views all aside so we can UNITE against those who are trying to hurt us .

35 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

I'm with you on that. His radical beliefs motivated him to kill gays. Seems that this might have been preventable given his history but we'll have to wait for more information.

You seem pretty sensible when it comes to the gun issue - what do you think we should do?

I'm never reasonable.  

Seriously, I think all gun laws should be reviewed to see if they are working and if they are being enforced correctly.  Then you go from there.  There has to be a better way of keeping guns out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them.  I am fine with gun safety class requirements and sensible waiting periods

Archived