• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

10 minutes ago, nate said:

But please, politicians, do some more praying.

Ckx0hquUoAA074M.jpg:large

You shouldn't have to post disingenuous charts & graphs if your argument is sound. I agree with you on an emotional level but I lose trust in an opinion when people purposefully leave things out in order to exaggerate things.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm so tired of this argument and used to be in this camp until I realized how moronic it is.

People want to sit and talk about motives instead of making a real change or doing something while people continue to get killed like this.

Strange that we can't do both.  That is what I call moronic 

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm so tired of this argument and used to be in this camp until I realized how moronic it is.

People want to sit and talk about motives instead of making a real change or doing something while people continue to get killed like this.

Real change would be dealing with people's violent and hate filled hearts. How about outlawing violence and murder depicted in movies and TV? You don't think kids these days are being desensitized to violence? Today's shooting was a terrorist act and nothing we can do will change those beliefs. All the other murders are because of a devaluation of human life. The majority of US murders are drug realated too so you have to deal with that angel as well. This is a much bigger problem than rifles. I think there's like 3 million AR rifles legally owned in the US and around 200 murders committed with them. 

4 minutes ago, nate said:

Classic.  Fuck the first amendment, but protect the second amendment in every way we can!

Both should be protected. My point is that we are a violent culture and are entertained by it but yet we don't want people to be violent. Shit Criminal Minds is one of my favorite shows.  

2 hours ago, nate said:

This Onion headline ironically sums it up perfectly.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

This nation isn't the only one that this regularly happens.  It's just that the media reports on it on a regular basis. 

Unless you consider France, Belgium, and China among others part of this nation.  And while this is a political piece, they aren't wrong.

Actually, President Obama, Mass Killings Aren’t Uncommon In Other Countries

The sad fact is.  Crazies will find a way.  See OKC, WTC.  Even if you are a country that doesn't have guns, China seems to have a problem with knives and blunt instruments. 

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

People aren't out committing mass murders because they watched an episode of The Sopranos, played a video game, or listened to hardcore metal or rap music.

No they aren't as I listen and watch the same stuff and haven't hurt anybody. But why are they doing it? How can somebody have such a low value on a human life? Something is causing it and I don't think the gun is making them do this. It's a huge problem without any real good solutions. Honestly it boils down to your internal value systems. Our's here in the US isn't very good anymore

13 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

especially with the ongoing threat of terrorism.

I love how you skipped over the last part of my post. Classic mt.

In all honesty, do you think banning guns will stop terrorists?

Just now, calscuf said:

Everyone who supports guns should post pictures of their junk.  If you fail to, you are proving me right.

I thought Chuck put an end to that? FWIW I own a few guns but my junk is average

24 minutes ago, InsideThePark said:

especially with the ongoing threat of terrorism.

I love how you skipped over the last part of my post. Classic mt.

Everyone is pissy today.  This kind of thing should brings folks together.  I am honestly not trying to be "classic" anything.

24 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

No they aren't as I listen and watch the same stuff and haven't hurt anybody. But why are they doing it? How can somebody have such a low value on a human life? Something is causing it and I don't think the gun is making them do this. It's a huge problem without any real good solutions. Honestly it boils down to your internal value systems. Our's here in the US isn't very good anymore

Because they are available.

Serious question, why does somebody need a semi-automatic rifle?

44 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

In all honesty, do you think banning guns will stop terrorists?

Before I reply, apparently I need to spell out that radical Islam is a big problem.

Now to your question - of course not. I don't want to abolish the Second Amendment. But come on, I think there's a good argument to be made for doing something about assault weapons - those things are made to kill. If you want to look to a place where having stricter gun laws has led to fewer deaths - look no further than Israel. Granted, there was an attack there last week but those are few and far between. I imagine there would have been a lot more casualties had they been armed with assault weapons.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I want to talk about both issues, not just one.  Don't really see why that is a problem

And where in my entire post did you think this wasn't ok?

This is why I don't involve myself in these kind of threads or post here as much. For whatever reason, some of you take a completely logical post and spin it into something it's not or create your own context and roll with it. You're so notorious for this.

Archived