• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Serious questions.

Don't hand guns kill significantly more people every year in the US than assault rifles?

Aren't assault rifles banned in France where terrorists killed even more people?

The US has more than 3x the murder rate by gun per 100k residents than France does.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Serious questions.

Don't hand guns kill significantly more people every year in the US than assault rifles?

Aren't assault rifles banned in France where terrorists killed even more people?

Yes. 2014  universal crime report shows 11,000 murders. 250 were with rifles (all types included). 9,000 with handguns 

1 minute ago, nate said:

The US has more than 3x the murder rate by gun per 100k residents than France does.

Doesn't that imply that we should focus on small arms reduction before assault rifles? Events like today get all the attention, while three or four guys shoot each other with glocks every day in Chicago and no one cares.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Doesn't that imply that we should focus on small arms reduction before assault rifles? Events like today get all the attention, while three or four guys shoot each other with glocks every day in Chicago and no one cares.

Before?  We should do both at the same time.

I've changed my mind and am with the pro gun peeps.

I say we do nothing but come out after these events and throw around some numbers that make it seem like guns aren't an issue. I mean, we have the process down on how to deal with these kind of events now. Talk about how terrible it is and then throw in the "...in our thoughts and prayers" then forget about it and move on when the next political article comes out and everyone forgets.

But yeah, totally agree, let's just do nothing because it's not that important.

Just now, Eddie said:

Well, that's a start. Ideas and a conversation of change.

More importantly, do you think doing nothing is the solution and just dealing with it when it seems to happen once a month?

No way, something needs to be done but I am sympathetic to responsible people who believe that they deserve the right to protect their families from scumbags who are going to be armed no matter what we do. 

All you will hear is "it is too hard" "there are already too many guns" typical of our politicians.  Then they will offer their prayers... as if that will fix it.  Just tells you how fucked up our country is.

Anyway, 20 kindergartners died and nothing was done, our politicians are spineless pawns for the NRA and the gun lobby.  They, like the rest of the second amendment sloths don't care when others die as long as they can still own their AR15.

1 minute ago, nate said:

All you will hear is "it is too hard" "there are already too many guns" typical of our politicians.  Then they will offer their prayers... as if that will fix it.  Just tells you how fucked up our country is.

Anyway, 20 kindergartners died and nothing was done, our politicians are spineless pawns for the NRA and the gun lobby.  They, like the rest of the second amendment sloths don't care when others die as long as they can still own their AR15.

Well in the end it comes down to public opinion, and right now banning guns is just not a popular idea. There will not be change until we can find some sort of a consensus, and I'm not sure how we do that when there are so many different opinions and interests at play.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

But none as quick as the Lt Governor of Texas.

He'll win Governor in the next election with 90 percent of the vote.

Brandon hitthe nail on the head though that we'll just wash rinse and repeat. I hate to trivialize this but everyone knows the "high score" which is 50. Won't be long before some nut job gets a hold of guns that don't belong in their hands and goes for 60 kills.

The question will only be focused on who that is. A religious nut case? Bigoted homophobe? A racist POS? An angry mentally disturbed person that can't distinguish reality from fantasy?

Why not focus on both?

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

No way, something needs to be done but I am sympathetic to responsible people who believe that they deserve the right to protect their families from scumbags who are going to be armed no matter what we do. 

I'll refrain from using the word sympathy as it should be used towards those affected by this nonstop nonsense. Countries or areas with strict gun laws don't deal with what you mention.....eradicated guns aren't easy to come by and the ones that do obtain them aren't doing so to harm innocent people, it's usually criminals doing criminal things against other criminals.

The pro gun crowd seem to think they need to keep their weapons because someone is going to come in their home and rape their daughter at gun point, but it won't happen if they have various amounts of guns.

It just seems like common sense to me, much like the mortgage industry. The problem and issue were bad loans in circulation, you take out the bad loans and not have them available, then the issue is resolved and the situation improves.

I think people need to stop coming up with excuses on why gun control won't work instead of fixing the problem.

6 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

So fucking sad.

We don't know how this sub-human got a hold of his weapons but I think it's time we looked at banning the sale of assault rifles - especially with the ongoing threat of terrorism.

Classic.  Don't blame his motives.  Blame his instrument

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

He'll win Governor in the next election with 90 percent of the vote.

Brandon hi the nail on the head though that we'll just wash rinse and repeat. I hate to trivialize this but everyone knows the "high score" which is 50. Won't be long before some nut job gets a hold of guns that don't belong in their hands and goes for 60 kills.

The question will only be focused on who that is. A religious nut case? Bigoted homophobe? A racist POS? An angry mentally disturbed person that can't distinguish reality from fantasy?

You're not trivializing it, the reality is I'm in the same boat and numb or immune to this shit now. It happens so frequently but people want to simply talk about it when it happens every time instead of taking action.

We'll never stop crime or people that want to do bad shit, but we can limit the amount of damage they do or do a better job of keeping it out of their hands....whether it's kids grabbing pro gun dad's piece and shooting up a school or being able to easily obtain them to even shit like this. Maybe if heavy weaponry is outlawed he only kills a few people before tackled because he has a handgun or ideally no gun.

The archaic and ass-backwards thinking regarding the 2nd amendment and guns is asinine. People want progression or to evolve, but for whatever reason they want this to be off limits.

47 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

69 shootings in Chicago the weekend the kid fell into the gorilla pen.

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Classic.  Don't blame his motives.  Blame his instrument

I'm so tired of this argument and used to be in this camp until I realized how moronic it is.

People want to sit and talk about motives instead of making a real change or doing something while people continue to get killed like this.

You can't round up every person you think is a terrorist for human rights reasons.

Getting rid of the instruments they use to kill people is a different story.  But hey, the same people that prayed for people to stop being gay will be praying today for the people that died because of their spineless inability to address the problem.

Archived