• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Because they are available.

Serious question, why does somebody need a semi-automatic rifle?

Need? That's a pointless question as we live with so many things in our life that we do not need.  I don't need the ones that I own but I enjoy shooting them. That's it and I don't see why that's a problem 

1 minute ago, InsideThePark said:

And some on the right aren't open to anything. That's also extreme, not sensible.

As a gun owner and 2nd amendment supporter I agree that not everyone should have a gun. I'm not opposed to background checks or even waiting periods for 1st time buyers. We have sensible laws around the country and they aren't effective so adding more isn't going to help.

2 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

As a gun owner and 2nd amendment supporter I agree that not everyone should have a gun. I'm not opposed to background checks or even waiting periods for 1st time buyers. We have sensible laws around the country and they aren't effective so adding more isn't going to help.

That's the equivalent to praying and doing nothing.

Just now, InsideThePark said:

That's the equivalent to praying and doing nothing.

The laws that are in place is the trying to do something. The issues this country is facing is way deeper than that. Blaming the guns is a very simplistic view. People shooting other humans is a symptom of hatred and evil. We need to find a way to deal with the cause and not just the symptoms. 

4 hours ago, Angels N Skins said:

How about zero tolerance towards ideals that conflict with American libirties and freedoms? Guns are not the cause. Hell a gun stopped the shooter from killing more.

People making this about guns are pretty pathetic imo. Extremist Islam is the problem.

6 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

The laws that are in place is the trying to do something. The issues this country is facing is way deeper than that. Blaming the guns is a very simplistic view. People shooting other humans is a symptom of hatred and evil. We need to find a way to deal with the cause and not just the symptoms. 

I don't think gun availability is a symptom of hatred and evil. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

People making this about guns are pretty pathetic imo. This includes Obama, showing what an intolerant pussy that he is. Extremist Islam is the problem.

I like our chances of solving accessibility of guns much better than us solving extremist Muslims. 

2 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I don't think gun availability is a symptom of hatred and evil. 

I will 100% agree that guns should not be accessible to everyone, at any time.  There absolutely should be laws that are enforced when it comes to people getting guns that aren't supposed to have them. This includes shady dealers and what not. I'm also for education requirements

2 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

I will 100% agree that guns should not be accessible to everyone, at any time.  There absolutely should be laws that are enforced when it comes to people getting guns that aren't supposed to have them. This includes shady dealers and what not. I'm also for education requirements

How about full blown psych workups at the expense of the applicant? 

17 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Why can't we do both?

The problem with the left is that, as you stated, some want to ban all guns. It's just too extreme - it won't move the conversation. But the issue some on the right is that they're not really open to anything. They might say they are but it's BS. Again, I point to Israel, a country that's dealt with an extreme amount of terrorism. They have strict gun laws that undoubtedly saves a whole lot of lives. I'm not saying we have to be quite as strict as them but surely there can be a reasonable compromise.

16 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

People making this about guns are pretty pathetic imo. Extremist Islam is the problem.

Actually, in today's incident both happen to be but a part of "the problem," but continue to abandon logic if you must. 

Just now, InsideThePark said:

I don't want to come down too hard on those who are "praying for Orlando, the families," or whatever. Obviously I don't think it does anything but I think they mean well. That said, praying and then shrugging your shoulders isn't the answer. Serious conversations need to be had.

It'll be interesting to see if this will have an effect on the two nutjobs.  I'm hoping one of them will go the route of let's tighten the law, and start executing these nutjobs that commit murder/felonies using firearm.  Instead of this forever appeals and pretty much life in prison.  I'd be behind whatever candidate goes on this limb.

18 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Since you are a gun owner and 2nd guy.  And since I don't know if anyone even bothers with links I post.  What would you say if the law was such? 

• no modifying weapons (stock chop, barrel reduction, make full auto, these types of things, not better scope or such)
  • limited ammunition depending on weapon.  (more like a clip thing)
  • photo id, with description and serial numbers of weapons licensed for
  • waiting period
  • background check (and no not a mental health check, but a criminal history check)
  • need photo id, and license for purchasing ammunition
  • strengthening the laws on gun use (IE stand your ground taking a huge hit)
  • no replica guns of any kind (so no more of incidents like the Cleveland kid getting shot over what looked like a real gun)

From what I remember, this is Canada's laws.  They have a fraction of gun deaths than the US, and while not at the US level, they have a lot of guns in circulation. 

15 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

How about full blown psych workups at the expense of the applicant? 

No, there are so many "mental" diagnosis' that most people have some thing that could be considered mentally ill. That could be easily manipulated by the opinions of who is administering the exam. Lol at paying for it. I complain about paying for smog checks that the state says I need.

46 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

MT the left has a different idea of sensible. I've already seen several posts calling for total bans. That's extreme, not sensible 

No dude, I lean pretty right and see a huge problem.

Stop being that dumbass that divides or uses party lines as a means to incite or make a point. No offense, but it's assholes that talk like this that divide the country and have dickfaces like Trump and Hilary running and it being ok.

47 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Need? That's a pointless question as we live with so many things in our life that we do not need.  I don't need the ones that I own but I enjoy shooting them. That's it and I don't see why that's a problem 

Agreed, you don't see why this is a problem.

Let's focus on you and put you in front of congress as a reason why we need a shitload of guns.

19 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Actually, in today's incident both happen to be but a part of "the problem," but continue to abandon logic if you must. 

Poozy is a bit on the far-right. Last week he tried to argue that the Mexicans who threw eggs at Trump supporters are terrorists.

47 minutes ago, Angels N Skins said:

Makes sense, you think we have ineffective laws, so let's do nothing.

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

No dude, I lean pretty right and see a huge problem.

Stop being that dumbass that divides or uses party lines as a means to incite or make a point. No offense, but it's assholes that talk like this that divide the country and have dickfaces like Trump and Hilary running and it being ok.

Read my posts and tell me where I'm being divisive. As a 2nd amendment supporter I understand that something has to be done and I'm willing to have some inconvenience if it helps prevent a gun falling I to the wrong hands. Pleas show me where I have ever posted here falling into the party line thing. Also why do you think that post was directed toward you? It wasn't 

Archived