• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dammit Florida

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando is reporting that an arrest will be made in the next few days of an "accomplice" in the massacre. They're citing law enforcement sources.

Interesting.

There's always others involved in some way 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there should be a law, no reporting on anything but the most basic of information on a tragedy like this for a week. By that time there should be a decent understanding of the various facts of the case rather than rumors and innuendos that get reported in the rush to be "first" that eventually turn out to be false but become part of the eventual narrative or even worse...later proof that a conspiracy exists because so and so reported this right after the shooting and it's a cover up because nobody is reporting on it now.

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think there should be a law, no reporting on anything but the most basic of information on a tragedy like this for a week. By that time there should be a decent understanding of the various facts of the case rather than rumors and innuendos that get reported in the rush to be "first" that eventually turn out to be false but become part of the eventual narrative or even worse...later proof that a conspiracy exists because so and so reported this right after the shooting and it's a cover up because nobody is reporting on it now.

The media doesn't give a s**t how bad they mess up their "journalism". They only care about ratings.

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This thread is such cancer.

Some problems aren't fixable. People need to wrap their heads around this.

There is not an easy solution to our problems but I think everyone wants to try to do something. Just like everything else, there are totally different ideas about accomplishing it. It's a very emotional subject too so that makes it even more difficult.

32 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This thread is such cancer.

Some problems aren't fixable. People need to wrap their heads around this.

I think that is what makes me shake my head the most about this tragedy...the idea that this is normal and some are willing to accept it as part of our way of life.

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think that is what makes me shake my head the most about this tragedy...the idea that this is normal and some are willing to accept it as part of our way of life.

Murder and death are a part of society. It has been since the beginning of time. Getting rid of guns won't change that. You'll just create a different problem.

17 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Murder and death are a part of society. It has been since the beginning of time. Getting rid of guns won't change that. You'll just create a different problem.

think that is what makes me shake my head the most about this tragedy...the idea that this is normal and some are willing to accept it as part of our way of life.

"We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever ... we absorbed it and we are stronger."

--  President Obama, 2010

Such a perfect illustration of how dysfunctional our government is. I actually appreciate how the democrats, specifically how Obama presents their case. The republicans look really bad on this issue IMO and I'm all for the right to own guns. 

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

"We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever ... we absorbed it and we are stronger."

--  President Obama, 2010

I don't get it - how is this bad? Because Obama said it?

Maybe we should start with something small...like, maybe someone who has been investigated for terrorism or is on the no fly list can't legally buy a gun. I'll even meet folks half way...they can't buy an assault rifle...ok, ok, they can buy an assault rifle, but only if they pass a detailed background check with a waiting period. We'll balance it out and give people due process (which we should be doing anyways) and allow them to appeal if they are on the no fly list

3 hours ago, red321 said:

I'd be good with starting small. Like you can't broadcast pictures of the douche 12 hours after the incident. 

If I have to see this phucker's selfies on tv one more time, I'm going to lose it.  

2 hours ago, Schildog said:

Apparently the killer was closeted.

Yep. Classmate said he was gay and asked him out.

L.A. Times is also reporting he attended the nightclub at least a dozen times before the attack.

This muddles the narrative a bit. Gays slaughtering gays?

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen-was-gay-former-classma/nrfwW/

It really doesn't, gay Muslim could't handle it. The ISIS angle throws shit off a bit, but many people struggle with their sexuality and lash out like this. For instance, if the dude was really gay, that's tough as shit to deal with or live with being Muslim where the shit isn't accepted.

Not sure how much I'd believe a paper in LA for a story in FL.

I think when he calls 911 and preaches ISIS, it falls under terrorism. But at the same time, I think all these mass shootings fall under terrorism, it's just that if they are white it's called mental health or if it's Asian like the Virgina Tech dude, it's called tragic and does;t have as a cool of a name as terrorism. Same with the Columbine dudes that did this shit before it was "cool". 

Yesterday Congress had a moment of silence, said a prayer and that was the end of it. Why even talk about legislating when T's and P's will take care of the problem? Besides, it's unreasonable to have any concerns about people on the terror watch and no-fly list being able to pass background checks with ease.

Archived