• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Bernardino Mass Shooting

Lhalo

People love to rage against Apple.

Apple provides anonymous information to advertisers.  It is in the EULA you agree to when you use their device.  The EULA definitely says that your data is encrypted and they will not share it with anyone.

Apple originally didn't release their iphone in China because the Chinese government wanted access to the phones any time they wanted.  Apple said no and eventually won.

Gary Johnson nails this:

If the government wants to search a hotel room, they don't -- or shouldn't -- demand that the hotel hand them a pass key that would open EVERY room. In a very simplified way, that is what the government is demanding of Apple in order to supposedly access one particular device. Apple is right to be fighting -- and we ALL have a stake in the outcome.

As an iPhone user, I say good for Tim Cook. If the Feds want to get a court order to look at Farook's phone, let 'em. But do not give them access to my phone just because some asshole happened to own an iPhone and may have used it to communicate with ISIS or whomever.

If they want access to his phone records I can easily justify giving it to them. If they want access to all of the records I could see why you all would be afraid of a slippery slope.

It's not phone records, they have those. It is all saved messages, email and text information that they are interested in. If given the code to crack Apple's encryption they can access anyone's account at anytime. Even the CEO of Apple's phone without him knowing.

Edited by notti

It's not phone records, they have those. It is all saved messages, email and text information that they are interested in. If given the code to crack Apple's encryption they can access anyone's account at anytime. Even the CEO of Apple's phone without him knowing.

Ok that makes more sense.

I'm still wondering why they haven't been able to unlock the code yet on farooks phone. It's a four number code with a finite number of combinations. How is it they don't have some kind of technology to crack it yet?

Edited by Tank

I'm still wondering why they haven't been able to unlock the code yet on farooks phone. It's a four number code with a finite number of combinations. How is it they don't have some kind of technology to crack it yet?

It's a shitload of combinations if you add letters.

Plus, I think you only get a certain number of attempts before it locks out.

Edited by the dude abides

One of the security features on an iPhone is that it will wipe the phone after a few failed attempts.

**** the FBI. Once this genie is out of the bottle it's never going back in. It's like if your wife wants to fist you. She keeps asking and asking and finally you give in, thinking that one time will be it. Six months later, she's shoving a baseball bat up there.

I don't want the FBI shoving a baseball bat up my ass.

**** the FBI. Once this genie is out of the bottle it's never going back in. It's like if your wife wants to fist you. She keeps asking and asking and finally you give in, thinking that one time will be it. Six months later, she's shoving a baseball bat up there.

I don't want the FBI shoving a baseball bat up my ass.

AJ, any comment?