• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Bernardino Mass Shooting

Turns out a friend next door purchased the assault rifles used in the shooting. And the wife had recently become "more devout". Of course.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b5f02e5b4b1f44d4ae8f0921bdc4705a/fbi-investigates-southern-california-attack-act-terror

Early Saturday, authorities with guns drawn raided a home next door to the house where Farook's family used to live in Riverside, California, breaking windows and using a cutting torch to get into the garage, neighbors said.

The FBI would not say what it was looking for, but a neighbor said an old friend of Farook's lives there. More than three years ago, that person bought the two assault rifles later used in the shooting, but authorities haven't been able to talk to him because he checked himself into a mental hospital after the attack, said a law enforcement official who was not allowed to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Turns out a friend next door purchased the assault rifles used in the shooting. And the wife had recently become "more devout". Of course.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/b5f02e5b4b1f44d4ae8f0921bdc4705a/fbi-investigates-southern-california-attack-act-terror

Early Saturday, authorities with guns drawn raided a home next door to the house where Farook's family used to live in Riverside, California, breaking windows and using a cutting torch to get into the garage, neighbors said.

The FBI would not say what it was looking for, but a neighbor said an old friend of Farook's lives there. More than three years ago, that person bought the two assault rifles later used in the shooting, but authorities haven't been able to talk to him because he checked himself into a mental hospital after the attack, said a law enforcement official who was not allowed to discuss the investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity.

They are getting smarter and using the system.  And considering the system.  Not that hard to do.

re: See something, say something...the Attorney General is now launching a federal investigation into the police officers who detained Clock Boy. So basically, the idea that you should report anything suspicious is inoperable. The neighbor who saw all those young men coming and going at all hours and working late into the night in the garage was afraid to report it for fear of being labeled a profiler. I wonder if he had that story in mind to deter him. Who knows if a simple phone call might have stopped this act of terror beforehand.

But our government is telling us if you do report something regarding Muslims, you can expect a whole lot of trouble.

re: See something, say something...the Attorney General is now launching a federal investigation into the police officers who detained Clock Boy. So basically, the idea that you should report anything suspicious is inoperable. The neighbor who saw all those young men coming and going at all hours and working late into the night in the garage was afraid to report it for fear of being labeled a profiler. I wonder if he had that story in mind to deter him. Who knows if a simple phone call might have stopped this act of terror beforehand.

But our government is telling us if you do report something regarding Muslims, you can expect a whole lot of trouble.

You really think that if a neighbor called to report something suspicious that neighbor whether he was right or wrong would be in a "whole lot of trouble" with the government? Asinine.

You really think that if a neighbor called to report something suspicious that neighbor whether he was right or wrong would be in a "whole lot of trouble" with the government? Asinine.

The government coming down like a ton of bricks on the police who (reasonably suspecting a possible threat) detained Clock Boy is meant to instill that fear in the American people.

The Attorney General is now launching a federal investigation into the officers, with all the resources of the federal government at their disposal. They're also investigating the school district and the personnel involved. I would expect the IRS to be joining in soon.

The neighbor told reporters he was afraid of any consequences if he called the police to report these Middle Eastern looking young men working in the garage at 2 AM.

Come on, wake up to the reality here. This administration bends over backwards to support and encourage Muslims here in America. The first thing this president did was to invite young Ahmed to the White House, apologize to him and praise him, and condemn the school principal and the police officers.

That speaks volumes to people. See something, say something, but you'd be better be absolutely sure if there's a Muslim involved.

Edited by fan_since79

The government coming down like a ton of bricks on the police who (reasonably suspecting a possible threat) detained Clock Boy is meant to instill that fear in the American people.

The Attorney General is now launching a federal investigation into the officers, with all the resources of the federal government at their disposal. They're also investigating the school district and the personnel involved. I would expect the IRS to be joining in soon.

The neighbor told reporters he was afraid of any consequences if he called the police to report these Middle Eastern looking young men working in the garage at 2 AM.

Come on, wake up to the reality here. This administration bends over backwards to support and encourage Muslims here in America. The first thing this president did was to invite young Ahmed to the White House, apologize to him and praise him, and condemn the school principal and the police officers.

That speaks volumes to people. See something, say something, but you'd be better be absolutely sure if there's a Muslim involved.

That was not done to instill fear. I swear to God we don't live in the same world if that is how you see things. If you would have said something something political correctness I could see your point but instill fear is just not reality. Neither is encourage Muslims here, encourage freedom of religion yes.

If they're investigating the officers it's not because they investigated a reasonable threat. It's because they handcuffed and detained the kid after they knew there was no threat. Incompetence and overreaction is more worrisome to me than inaction.

Perhaps it was because those idiotic police detained Clock Boy (I'll give him noun status like you did) well after anything even remotely resembling a threat was dismissed.  

Once again, it's amazing how obsessed you are with Clock Boy.  On the plus side, every time you post it I think of this:

Bat_Boy.PNG

I imagine that expression is how you spend a lot of your day looking.

Looks like I'm going to have to stop working on my car in my garage at night for fear of Fan turning me in as a terrorist. I'll tell the neighbors down the street to knock off their card games and the guy next door to get his Jihadist weight set out of his garage because I just know he is watching Al Jazeera news as he works out. Or the Raiders, it is all the same thing, a silver and black attack mentality.

unless you know your neighbors habits pretty well, how do you know when something is out of the ordinary?

in glendale, armenians come over to visit and stay all kinds of late. they look middle eastern. this policy isn't going to work very well where i live, plus the fact i don't really know my neighbors, and i'm guessing i'm not alone here on that.

SAN BERNARDINO GUNMAN Syed Farook who, along with his wife Tashfeen Malik, gunned down 14 people in California last week, shared ISIS’ ideology, wanted to see the establishment of an Islamic caliphate and was fixated with Israel, his father told the Italian newspaper La Stampa in remarks published today.

There was a blurb on the local news Friday night showing FBI employees speaking at an interfaith community meeting.  One of the FBI dudes said words to the effect: "Muslims hate terrorism".  I almost spit my drink through my nose.  Do members of the FBI really believe this? 

The White House and our news media -- time and time again -- fail to make a distinction for "American Muslims" who, for the most part, are not really Muslims to begin with.  They just call themselves that because of family heritage and/or a desire not to be considered Christian or Jewish.  They probably have no interest in terrorism. 

Devout Muslims who take the Quran word for word, do in fact praise these terrorist acts whether they affiliate with various terrorist groups or not. 

Weird. A friend of ours came over and this terrorist was her health inspector somewhere around Ontario, I believe.

She couldn't believe she was next to a terrorist.

We have all probably had some form of contact with someone who is, or is becoming, radicalized.  If you're not looking for it, you most likely won't see a difference until they snap.