• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Bernardino Mass Shooting

Lhalo

If they are part of something bigger.  If they had handlers.  Who they were communicating with. 

That's all secondary and speculative. They've already searched their entire house, property, vehicles, other communication devices. If the whole giant bag of "what ifs?" hinges on this one phone then they shouldn't have botched it in the first place. I'd rather hold onto this tiny iota of privacy than hand it over for what would amount to zero additional security.

watched an episode of NCIS last night where they found a cell phone that was locked. they gave it to Abby in the lab and she used something she called smudge technology, where she used infrared or something to determine where the owner's fingers most commonly went when tapping the code into his phone. she got it right the first time.

clearly, the FBI needs to give Gibbs and Abby a call. that phone will be unlocked by dinner time.

• 1 month later...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/doj-expected-withdraw-ca-case-213425559.html

DOJ cracks San Bernardino shooter's iPhone

The Justice Department said Monday it has accessed data on the iPhone used by a shooter in last year's San Bernardino, California attacks and no longer needs Apple (AAPL)'s help in cracking it.

FBI did their job.  The whole Apple thing was ridiculous.

From what I've heard, there was no reason they needed to go to Apple in the first place. Eventually, someone was going to be able to get into it without their help.

Buncha hooplah about nothing, but I am kinda sorta glad Apple didn't give in. They don't have to. Especially if it was going to infringe on every other users privacy.

It might have been better for Apple if they had just helped the FBI with this one phone. Give them the information, but keep the tools and methodology a secret, and continue to tell the world that it would have been impossible wihout Apple's help.

Among techies there seems to be much skepticism about the phone actually being hacked and more belief the FBI felt it better to fight in court another day for their treasured precedents. Seemed such a big deal over nothing considering it was his work phone. Did he enter "Kill coworkers" in Outlook? Did he call ISIS from it during his lunch break? But I guess anything to keep us safe from the terrorist and pedophiles. Man, could you imagine if those two evil forces joined together? Terrorist pedos! Scary I tell you.

"The people that we bought this [tool] from – I know a fair amount about them and I have a high degree of confidence that they are very good at protecting it, and their motivations align with ours," Comey said during a question-and-answer period following his talk."

Israeli company for sure.