• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

A little. I love him, but he is a chicken. Gets it from his Mom's side. Of course, they didn't have nearly as many broken bones or concussions as I did when I was a kid.

My daughter is 7 and is a maniac on the skooter.  I finally got her up on a bike before she was 7.

I hate nice round numbers. 

When you go to the dentist, auto mechanic, general contractor, etc and they charge you $250, $500, $1000, $2000 -- you know that's a BS figure.  Nothing actually costs that much.  They obviously are rounding up.

Ha...I'm the opposite. I prefer nice even numbers. 

I can't stand odd numbers/prices for this reason:

"Psychological pricing:  is a pricing/marketing strategy based on the theory that certain prices have a psychological impact. The retail prices are often expressed as "odd prices": a little less than a round number, e.g. $19.99. Consumers tend to perceive “odd prices” as being significantly lower than they actually are, tending to round to the next lowest monetary unit. Thus, prices such as $1.99 are associated with spending $1 rather than $2. The theory that drives this is that lower pricing such as this institutes greater demand than if consumers were perfectly rational."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing

Speaking of numbers, my mind was blown today.

On a poker site someone bumped an old thread from 2012. Long story short is it started out as a debate between multimillionaires that are the best of the best in poker about game theory, differing views on an optimal theory, and turned into one of the biggest names in poker and other big names creating a bet that the big name player would play a computer program that runs the game theory much like someone playing chess against a bot, but at absurd levels that would run the guys millions over a certain sample size at high stakes. While it started out cool it basically then turned into some Good Will Hunting shit where not only were these top pros debating poker theory, but then prominent mathematicians, previous world champs, math authors, and geniuses jumped into expound upon the theory and it basically became a very high level math round table.

Just really cool, even though it got to a point where I simply couldn't keep up...plus I had already been reading for hours or so.

One of those moments in life where you question your intelligence, capabilities, and just feel really small.

Just unclogged my first bathroom sink, I don't know how or why anyone would want to be a plumber. That is the nastiest shit I think I've ever done.

I can't get the rancid old hair smell off of me or out of my nostrils.

Not to mention I did the guy thing of messing around after one Google link before reading all of the links and Youtube videos, you can guess how that ended up.