• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

The leak is coming from the threads, not the seal.

Ok, last post. I'm not trying to bust on you, but this is a public forum so I'm continuing on for you (if you want it) or others who might read this.

The only purpose the threads serve in a compression fitting is to tighten down the seal. If you see liquid coming from the threads it's because the seal is leaking and the liquid is traveling through the threads before dripping off the fitting.

There is a slip fitting on the other side of the compression nut. If you seal up the threads and don't fix the seal, the water will exit through the slip. You have to get the seal closed. Good quality pipe dope I believe is the best way. You like plumbers putty, give it a try. Even caulk will work for a drain trap ( But probably make it hard to disassemble or use again.)

Ok, last post. I'm not trying to bust on you, but this is a public forum so I'm continuing on for you (if you want it) or others who might read this.

The only purpose the threads serve in a compression fitting is to tighten down the seal. If you see liquid coming from the threads it's because the seal is leaking and the liquid is traveling through the threads before dripping off the fitting.

There is a slip fitting on the other side of the compression nut. If you seal up the threads and don't fix the seal, the water will exit through the slip. You have to get the seal closed. Good quality pipe dope I believe is the best way. You like plumbers putty, give it a try. Even caulk will work for a drain trap ( But probably make it hard to disassemble or use again.)

I guess we were talking about the same thing before, my buddy didn't refer to it as a Zip-It and I called it a snake. I got one but it doesn't work, I even took off the last pipe before the main into the drywall. The Zip-It seems to hit a wall less than a foot in. I'm guessing a power snake or auger next into the main pipe?

No leak from the stopper anymore when I tested cleaning past the p-trap. Though the end of the p-trap leaks, but I think may just need a washer.

We may call a plumber or just leave it before we move. The landlord's an asshole and says it's our issue even though I have taken apart and cleaned everything from the sink to the last pipe.

I guess we were talking about the same thing before, my buddy didn't refer to it as a Zip-It and I called it a snake. I got one but it doesn't work, I even took off the last pipe before the main into the drywall. The Zip-It seems to hit a wall less than a foot in. I'm guessing a power snake or auger next into the main pipe?

No leak from the stopper anymore when I tested cleaning past the p-trap. Though the end of the p-trap leaks, but I think may just need a washer.

We may call a plumber or just leave it before we move. The landlord's an asshole and says it's our issue even though I have taken apart and cleaned everything from the sink to the last pipe.

Yeah, I'm sorry, the Zip-it is only for going down through the sink or tub drain. Just a little maintenance tool. It's not something you would use on a 1 1/2" line.

They have hand crank and drill operated tools to go short distances. Probably not worth getting for one time use. Not much I can tell you if you don't have the tools.

I saw where a guy took a stiff piece of hose; bolted a big piece of scotchbrite to one end (you would want to make sure it couldn't come off) and inserted a 5/8 drill bit into the other end. He used a couple hose clamps to tighten the hose to the drill bit and then attached a drill to the shank of the drill bit. Voila! A hack plumbing snake. Not a bad cheap setup for 3-4 feet. Scotchbrite works in some instances for ABS. I don't know how well it would work for cast iron. Also, this definitely wouldn't work for bigger blockages.

Probably a little too far, but thanks for the referral, Jahv.

Thanks for the help, Deep. Gonna see if my buddy has the tools for the wall, if not we are leaving it. I may contact the landlord because it's not a DIY job or issue like hair in the drain.

Probably just going to button it up and call it a day.

when i first signed up for iTunes, i made an account. used it sparingly, but went to use it at one point and it would no longer accept my password. tried to fix it at the apple store and they had no solution other than to create a new iTunes account, which i did. the music from the first account was on my old computer, so when i bought a new computer and an iPad, the music from the old iTunes account wouldn't transfer. i'm now having to repurchase all that music i already bought. it sucks.

when i first signed up for iTunes, i made an account. used it sparingly, but went to use it at one point and it would no longer accept my password. tried to fix it at the apple store and they had no solution other than to create a new iTunes account, which i did. the music from the first account was on my old computer, so when i bought a new computer and an iPad, the music from the old iTunes account wouldn't transfer. i'm now having to repurchase all that music i already bought. it sucks.

They couldn't reset your password for you? I would see if they can still do that.

Do you have an email coy of all of the receipts? I would use those receipts for proof of purchase and demand they allow you access for everything you already paid for previously.

it's been more than a couple of years now. i have the receipts way back in my email but at this point, i'm not going to pursue it. i'm okay with this decision.