• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

19 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Why can’t we just call it what it really is when we take our dog out for a “walk?”

It really should be called “4 steps, stop, sniff, piss/shit, repeat” but I guess “walk” is just easier to say than what really is going on when I take the dog out.

What should take us about 30-40 minutes to accomplish takes about 60-75 mins to finish.  Screw it, it’s his world.

After a few miles uphill, they stop doing the stop sniff piss and shit routine, and just look at you hoping that you brought them some water.  

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

After a few miles uphill, they stop doing the stop sniff piss and shit routine, and just look at you hoping that you brought them some water.  

I always bring my dog water.  Walking him at elevation, he gets thirsty very quickly.  He does give me that look @gotbeer, like “Dad, I’m thirsty now and can use some water.”

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Why do donuts usually come in pink boxes?

The LA Times likens the pink doughnut box to New York's Grecian-style paper coffee cups, writing that the city's doughnut shops are typically small operations run by Cambodian Americans.

The pink doughnut box first appeared in the 1980s, at a time when a Cambodian refugee named Ted Ngoy was expanding his chain of Christy's Doughnuts shops, along with many of his fellow countrymen. The boxes came from a supplier called Westco.

According the legend, the new doughnut shops popping up sought to buy boxes that were cheaper than the white ones chains used, and Westco had the answer: leftover pink cardboard stock. The "9-9-4," as it's apparently called in the industry, fit a dozen doughnuts perfectly.

Pink boxes stuck around because thousands could be produced at a much cheaper price than their white predecessors.

https://www.foodandwine.com/news/reason-doughnut-boxes-are-usually-pink

• 2 weeks later...

we went to trejo's tacos in hollywood for lunch today. you should have been with me.

had the 2 taco plate with rice & beans. the mushroom asada taco was delicious. the young jackfruit taco was a swing and a miss. don't recommend it. the pineapple salsa was tasty, but it didn't sit well with me after we left. the guacamole was weird - had a weird consistency and a weird flavor. no creaminess in it at all - very dry and kind of gummy. wouldn't eat it again.

at the table next to us was dana white (UFC president) and zach galifianakis. there was a third guy that was old and looked like some kind of money guy/deal maker. but the fourth guy, and i'd swear on a stack of bibles it was him, was joe rogan. i said hello to them as we were leaving. dana white said if i had said hello earlier he would have paid for my lunch. joe rogan introduced himself (not kidding) as craig, and it really threw me off. we shook hands but i'm telling you, it was him. 

we've been wondering where zach g. disappeared to as we haven't seen him in anything in years. found out he's going to be in murders in the building S4. there was some filming going on right across the street, and we were wondering if that was his show and he was on a lunch break. 

anywho, i'd eat there again. 

10 hours ago, Tank said:

joe rogan introduced himself (not kidding) as craig, and it really threw me off. we shook hands but i'm telling you, it was him.

Clearly, Rogan lurks on AW and was paying tribute to all the Craig's you post on this site.  You should feel honored.

25 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Clearly, Rogan lurks on AW and was paying tribute to all the Craig's you post on this site.  You should feel honored.

Or maybe he knew that Craig was Craig and wanted to Craig him, without Craig knowing that he was being Craig'd, so that Craig would wonder later on if he was indeed Craig'd.  

On a side not @Tank  I don't remember the procedure, but does Trejo's call a number or a name when your order is done.  If it's the name, maybe Rogan is such an attentive SOB that he heard your name called, and thus used Craig to throw you off.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Or maybe he knew that Craig was Craig and wanted to Craig him, without Craig knowing that he was being Craig'd, so that Craig would wonder later on if he was indeed Craig'd.  

On a side not @Tank  I don't remember the procedure, but does Trejo's call a number or a name when your order is done.  If it's the name, maybe Rogan is such an attentive SOB that he heard your name called, and thus used Craig to throw you off.

that would have been an epic troll job.

it's a sit down place with waiter service.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a very creative and crazy friend in Junior High and High School named Tim Bauer. He was a masterful cartoon artist and had and amazing wit. He was also very unhinged which was a refreshing change from my rather dull life in Fullerton. 

We caused a lot of chaos back then, creatively cut classes without getting an absentee record, indulged in too much beer, spent too time at the beach. I would not trade a single moment for the better GPA I could have had not knowing him.

We kept in touch through college, he was part of my wedding party. Even showed up out of the blue on my 30th birthday with one of his creative hand drawn cards.

The last I heard of him was a drunken phone call late at night when I was in my late 30's from a phone with a blocked number.  We chatted about some comic book characters he was working on whike he was a forrest ranger, then, complete radio silence. He left no trail, no social media, no phone number, nothing.

I've tried to hunt him down, scouring Facebook the last 4 years, doing various searches by his full name and nicknames. Today I finally found him.

Timothy S Bauer, Basalt, CO, deceased May, 2010.

Shit.