• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

12 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Shit.  I'm still in line, but I've been reading the subreddit and seems like 8/5 started later.  Limited selection in general or just the cheap seats that are beneath you?

There were tickets in like three sections left, all nosebleeds behind the stage. It seems like people are having success for 8/5.

10 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I'm in section 544 lol.  Probably going to end up selling these for lower bowl or floor tickets

I guess this presale is only a limited amount of tickets. Some more will be released tomorrow for the Capitol One sale. Then everything else for the public sale (on Friday I think). I'll just try again at the public sale.

Was reading on my ebook this morning.  Power was getting low, so plugged it into my 5 plug USB charger.  Went to lunch, and when I came back.  Was on the computer and smelled something funny.  Thought my power supply was going bad.  Nope not that.  Smell wouldn't go away.  

So checked my monitor.  My phone.  Nothing.  So went looking around for the smell.  And sure enough, it was coming from the charging tablet.  

I think the 5 plug charger went bad.  Only had the tablet plugged in.  But it was red hot.  So hot that it melted my USB cable.  The USB C melted completely off, so that the metal portion was still plugged in, but the rest just melted away.  The USB portion that was plugged into the 5 plug charger was also partially melted and hot.  

So was probably about 30 minutes from the house burning down.  Luckily my tablet had some melt marks on it, but looks like it came out in working order including the charging plug.  

Looking on Amazon, I ordered the charger 7 years ago.  So maybe it was at the end of it's life cycle.  The USBC cable was 4 years old, but was one that was tested by that geek as being legit.  

• 1 month later...

the battery on my wife's car died, so we called AAA to come and give us a jump start, and possibly buy a battery from them (this is a car used for trips to the grocery store etc., not for trips or work, so we're not looking to invest a lot into a car from 2003). the AAA guy finally arrived but he didn't have any batteries with him. we found out the pep boys near us was open today, so he got our car started and i drove off to pep boys to buy a new battery.

went inside and talked with the sales clerk. she wanted to scan my drivers' license so she could create an account for me, and that made me very uncomfortable - is this a normal experience for any of you at any kind of store? i finally gave in because we needed the battery and i wasn't sure the car could make it back home.

they determined that the battery i needed was not in stock so they'd have to order it and it would take until tuesday for it to be delivered. okay, no rush for us. the fun part in this? it was an extra $100 because it was a "special order" since it wasn't in stock. would have been roughly $350 for a new battery. i walked out. car started up and i made it back home. i'll go to my local guy on tuesday.

58 minutes ago, Tank said:

the battery on my wife's car died, so we called AAA to come and give us a jump start, and possibly buy a battery from them (this is a car used for trips to the grocery store etc., not for trips or work, so we're not looking to invest a lot into a car from 2003). the AAA guy finally arrived but he didn't have any batteries with him. we found out the pep boys near us was open today, so he got our car started and i drove off to pep boys to buy a new battery.

went inside and talked with the sales clerk. she wanted to scan my drivers' license so she could create an account for me, and that made me very uncomfortable - is this a normal experience for any of you at any kind of store? i finally gave in because we needed the battery and i wasn't sure the car could make it back home.

they determined that the battery i needed was not in stock so they'd have to order it and it would take until tuesday for it to be delivered. okay, no rush for us. the fun part in this? it was an extra $100 because it was a "special order" since it wasn't in stock. would have been roughly $350 for a new battery. i walked out. car started up and i made it back home. i'll go to my local guy on tuesday.

Call AAA, and say you need a new battery, and not just a jump start.  They probably just sent the Jump start car and not the battery truck.  There is actually a difference.  If you tell them the make and model of the car, they will bring you the right battery.  I did it about 6 months ago, and they weren't $250 expensive, but they were mid $100's I think.  

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Costco sells Interstate batteries and they cost about $115. I picked one up for my Spitfire recently so you know they have a battery that will fit your (relatively) new car. 

21 hours ago, Blarg said:

Costco sells Interstate batteries and they cost about $115. I picked one up for my Spitfire recently so you know they have a battery that will fit your (relatively) new car. 

have you reached the point where you've replaced every single nut and bolt on the spitfire yet?

i don't have a costco membership so i'll probably go with the AAA battery route that GB suggested. they sent a tow truck this time instead of one of the battery trucks.

The time period (42 years) between 1938 and 1980 is the same as the time period between 1980 and 2022.  I know it's simple math, but it seems so odd... The years from 1938 to 1980 seem so much longer for some reason. 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:24 PM, gotbeer said:

Was reading on my ebook this morning.  Power was getting low, so plugged it into my 5 plug USB charger.  Went to lunch, and when I came back.  Was on the computer and smelled something funny.  Thought my power supply was going bad.  Nope not that.  Smell wouldn't go away.  

So checked my monitor.  My phone.  Nothing.  So went looking around for the smell.  And sure enough, it was coming from the charging tablet.  

I think the 5 plug charger went bad.  Only had the tablet plugged in.  But it was red hot.  So hot that it melted my USB cable.  The USB C melted completely off, so that the metal portion was still plugged in, but the rest just melted away.  The USB portion that was plugged into the 5 plug charger was also partially melted and hot.  

So was probably about 30 minutes from the house burning down.  Luckily my tablet had some melt marks on it, but looks like it came out in working order including the charging plug.  

Looking on Amazon, I ordered the charger 7 years ago.  So maybe it was at the end of it's life cycle.  The USBC cable was 4 years old, but was one that was tested by that geek as being legit.  

So it happened again.  So it wasn't the cable or the charger.  It was the Ebook itself that something wonky was going wrong with.

I messaged customer service at Kobo, and got cut off on the chat.  For some reason the window closed.  With just my initial description of what happened, it got escalated and they have been emailing me asking for pics and such.  And without asking, they are sending me a new tablet.  It must be pretty serious, because they said ignore any RMA and shipping that might automatically be emailed to me.  And wait for Customer Service to send a special label to be sent to a different department.  

• 3 weeks later...