• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Random Thoughts Thread

On 6/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Blarg said:

When it gets hot they don't fuck around here in Charlotte, NC. We walked from the hotel to dinner 2 blocks away in 100 degree weather. Luckily the humidity wasn't very high but the tension for the police was. 

There are two graduation ceremonies at the Charlotte Arena across the street from our hotel. Thousands of people and non stop commuter trains with no barriers other than the crossing gate. Surprised no one got nailed but the night is early, a cop informed us and the second grad ceremony is still going on. 

While weaving through the masses my wife actually was walking at a brisk pace, once clear she slowed way down because of her knee being in a brace. She admitted that she wanted to get clear of any gunfire that may erupt. 

They just said on the news the real feel in parts of NC was 110? And that the electricity might go out because of all the stress on the grid. 

27 minutes ago, katie said:

They just said on the news the real feel in parts of NC was 110? And that the electricity might go out because of all the stress on the grid. 

How is it cooler in Lol Angeles than it is in NC?  Blarg chose wrong.

This morning was lightning, rain and wind that chilled the downtown until about 10:30 in the morning, then went away. It was just long enough to cancel our city tour we booked to fill in time before we had to return to the airport. 

The rest of the day was a warm 88 degrees but the humidity had cleared away and was pleasant enough. 

American Airlines needs some restructuring. They are constantly behind schedule and then without notice swap out the gate or even terminal your departure is on. Then you get there and find there is a jet and no crew. So we had to wait an hour and a half for a crew from an inbound to land a switch planes. 

Chasing the sunset right now and hoping land in an hour or so. Makes for a long day getting up at 6am Charlotte time and landing in LAX around 9:30 and still have the drive home. 

So on Sunday, I did an early morning hike at Griffith Park.  Driving up Western to get to Los Feliz, I'm at a stop light, and there is a hooker talking to a driver.  This is at 5:30 in the morning, and I thought it was weird.  But whatever.

Today, again, early morning hike at Griffith Park.  Driving up Western to get to Los Feliz, and am at the same stop light.  Now there are at least 5 hookers walking around.  And a Pimp holding a building up.  Again, at 5:30 in the morning.  

Is there like a morning shift for hookers or something?  

11 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So on Sunday, I did an early morning hike at Griffith Park.  Driving up Western to get to Los Feliz, I'm at a stop light, and there is a hooker talking to a driver.  This is at 5:30 in the morning, and I thought it was weird.  But whatever.

Today, again, early morning hike at Griffith Park.  Driving up Western to get to Los Feliz, and am at the same stop light.  Now there are at least 5 hookers walking around.  And a Pimp holding a building up.  Again, at 5:30 in the morning.  

How much do they charge?

32 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@ten ocho recon scout  Should have directed this at you.  Since you have the answers and I'm really quite curious.  

I just read something I didn’t know previously. The crew of the Challenger survived the explosion.  Their capsule was rocketed upwards by the explosion subjecting them to 20Gs, which was also “survivable and likely did not cause major injury”.  A few of the crew members supplemental air containers had been switched on including the pilot who they believe attempted to gain control of the lander to no avail.  After cresting at 65,000 feet, they began to fall.  For two minutes it fell before crashing into the Atlantic, which is what likely killed them.

Man, that’s a lot worse than believing they died instantly in the explosion.

1 hour ago, cals said:

I just read something I didn’t know previously. The crew of the Challenger survived the explosion.  Their capsule was rocketed upwards by the explosion subjecting them to 20Gs, which was also “survivable and likely did not cause major injury”.  A few of the crew members supplemental air containers had been switched on including the pilot who they believe attempted to gain control of the lander to no avail.  After cresting at 65,000 feet, they began to fall.  For two minutes it fell before crashing into the Atlantic, which is what likely killed them.

I heard about this several years ago and was just as surprised. Can’t imagine what they were thinking or doing as they fell unabated about 12 miles to their death.

5 hours ago, cals said:

I heard that they found out that they might have survived the explosion, since a few control levers and switches were in positions that were not in the standard liftoff positions.  They were in positions where they were trying to recover from an emergency.  This came out a few years after the explosion.  

I'm sitting in the backyard listening to the thunder and feeling the humidity and temperature change. I'm supposed to be finishing up the last details of the show before tomorrow's watchdown but I'm enjoying the moment right now. We get so little interesting weather in SoCal that thunderstorms are unique and worth enjoying. 

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I'm sitting in the backyard listening to the thunder and feeling the humidity and temperature change. I'm supposed to be finishing up the last details of the show before tomorrow's watchdown but I'm enjoying the moment right now. We get so little interesting weather in SoCal that thunderstorms are unique and worth enjoying. 

Just submit what @Taylor wrote, and enjoy the afternoon.

So my lawyer convention is in San Diego today through Sunday.

I drove down and didn't like the parking situation so I asked for a refund and got it drove home.

Gave me time to get a haircut.

I may have been a dick to the valet guy.  For that I feel a little bad.

11 minutes ago, cals said:

I drove down and didn't like the parking situation so I asked for a refund and got it drove home.

That seems like a waste of gas

41 minutes ago, cals said:

Sigh.  You should have stayed in San Diego.  Visited a few microbrews.  Then told the wife the convention is going great.  Come back home on Monday, all lawyered up.

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sigh.  You should have stayed in San Diego.  Visited a few microbrews.  Then told the wife the convention is going great.  Come back home on Monday, all lawyered up.

I’m leaving Saturday to drive to Chicago.  So I’m missing Saturday and Sunday anyways.  I am missing out on a free meal from some Persian lawyers who are trying to schmooze me, but that’s fine.  And it’s in the suburban part of Carlsbad, so not exactly central.

3 minutes ago, cals said:

I’m leaving Saturday to drive to Chicago.  So I’m missing Saturday and Sunday anyways.  I am missing out on a free meal from some Persian lawyers who are trying to schmooze me, but that’s fine.  And it’s in the suburban part of Carlsbad, so not exactly central.

You should have at least checked out downtown Carlsbad.

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

You should have at least checked out downtown Carlsbad.

That’s where I was supposed to stay.  Oh well next time.  It’s not my fault the Omni didn’t have the infrastructure to handle our organization.